If you are from Switzerland and would like to visit Vietnam, iVisa.com is here to help you to get an eVisa. In February 2017, Vietnam launched an eVisa program to simplify the process of entering the country. Previously, travelers needed to get a Vietnam approval letter and received a visa on arrival. Now, citizens of 46 countries can apply online and get their eVisa electronically. You can fill the application online at iVisa: https://www.ivisa.com/vietnam-e-visa?nationality=CH. The final decision of approval or denial will be sent to the applicant's email address. The document you receive is valid for Single Entry, and it allows you to stay in Vietnam for no more than 30 days Total.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What do I need to apply for a Vietnam application online?
You will be pleased to learn that you do not need much to apply for a Vietnam eVisa online. Please read carefully what you need to have to apply for it.
- Passport – all applicants must be passport holders. Plus, the travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Vietnam. A copy of the passport photo and the bio page (digital passport scan).
- Make sure that you have completed the visa application on the correct form. All information presented should be dated and match the data in your passport.
- Means of payment – credit/debit card or PayPal account.
- Valid email address.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends on which processing option you choose. iVisa gives you three options when it comes to processing times so that you can choose the one that best works for you. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your Vietnam eVisa arrives in 5 days.
- Rush processing – your application is processed within just 4 days.
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 72 hours.
How much does a Vietnam eVisa cost?
The amount of money you will spend on your Vietnam eVisa is determined by the processing timeframe you select. You can see the options below:
- Standard processing – USD 45.00
- Rush processing – USD 75.00
- Super Rush processing – if you need it as soon as possible USD 105.00
Does the Vietnam eVisa have any additional requirements?
If the visa needs to be renewed after the first 30 days, eVisa holders in Vietnam may be considered for a new visa if they are invited or sponsored by an authority, organization or an individual in the country. This will be done following the law on foreigners' entry into, exit from, transit through, and residence in Vietnam. Applicants are required to carry a copy of their eVisa at all times during their travels. As the eVisa is always needed for entry, you cannot leave Vietnam and return by using the same document. Minors with their own passport must also complete an eVisa application. Minors age 14 and under who are traveling by their parent’s passport, will need to be included on their parent’s application. Important: iVisa or your government cannot intervene in the case that you are refused a visa to Vietnam.
How long is the Vietnam eVisa valid for?
The Vietnam eVisa is valid for 30 days after arrival after arrival. This is a Single Entry visa, and the maximum stay is for 30 days Total.