A great advantage of the Australian passport is that it allows you to visit various places around the world without needing a visa. Still, there are some exotic destinations that do require some type of documentation, even if it’s an electronic visa.
Such is the case of Vietnam because to enter this country, you need a Vietnamese eVisa. But, unlike a conventional visa, this document is easier to obtain thanks to the automated service of iVisa.com.
If you want to learn more about the Vietnam Visa for Australians, keep reading the article below and learn how easy it is to apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is There a Vietnam Visa for Australians?
Yes, Before entering Vietnam, Canadians must apply for a Vietnamese eVisa as it’s a pre-travel requirement made by the Vietnamese Immigration Department. This online document was created to enter this Asian country through an electronic system.
What types of Vietnamese visas are there for Australians?
If you have an Australian passport, you can only choose one of the following eVisas:
- eVisa, which is the most common because you can do the entire process online.
- eVisa on arrival, which means you will receive only an approval letter because you’ll have to ask for the visa once you arrive in Vietnam.
How long can visitors with an Australian passport stay in Vietnam?
This information might vary depending on the visa you choose. If you apply for a Vietnamese eVisa using iVisa.com’s service, you’ll be able to stay there for 30 days in Total. But in the case of the eVisa on arrival, the limit is 90 days in Total.
What do I need to get this visa with an Australian passport?
This is basically a 2-part answer because it depends on the type of visa. What you should know first is that the online process only asks you for a few documents, which are:
- Applicant photo (we suggest you use iVisa.com’s passport photos to get the best photo for that).
- Scan of your passport.
- Valid email address.
- A valid payment method like a credit/debit card or even Paypal if you prefer.
We say this is a 2-part answer because you might need other requirements if you apply for the eVisa on arrival. For that document, you’ll receive a pre-approval letter via email inbox, and you’ll have to print this letter to enter Vietnam as you’ll get the actual visa upon arrival.
You’ll also need two photos, your original passport, and the amount of money necessary to pay for the Vietnam Visa.
What are the processing times and prices?
This is another question that will have different answers depending on the type of visa. If you choose to get a visa on arrival, you'll have to pay for the Visa when arriving in the country.
Travelers are required to pay a stamping fee on arrival. The stamping fee is 25 USD for a single entry visa (both 1 month and 3-month type) and 50 USD for multiple entry visa (both 1 month and 3-month type).
But you have to give some documents and learn how to apply them all by yourself. That's why we recommend you get ahead with an eVisa and iVisa.com’s professional assistance. You can select one of these three options according to your needs:
- Standard Processing: You can obtain your eVisa in 5 Business Days for only USD 50.00.
- Rush Processing: For this option, you get your document in only 4 Business Days if you pay USD 70.00.
- Super Rush Processing: This is the fastest option iVisa.com has, but also the most expensive. You get your document in no more than 3 Business Days but for USD 115.00. You can choose this processing time if you’re in a rush.
Is the Vietnam Visa for Australians acceptable if I travel by boat, rail, or car?
You can only use this travel document at a Vietnamese Airport. If you are flying into a nearby nation and arriving in Vietnam via land, then you won’t be able to use the eVisa. To avoid time-consuming mistakes, we recommend you use iVisa.com to apply for the Vietnam Visa for Australians. This way, you’ll be ready to visit this country without any stress involved.
How can I get my Vietnam Visa for Australians?
If you use iVisa.com’s service you’ll only need to complete these steps:
- First, add your basic details by entering the application form, and then choose your processing time.
- Second, review the information and once you’re sure that everything is correct, continue with the payment using your debit/credit card or Paypal account if you prefer.
- Third, upload the papers required and send the online form.
You’ll get further instructions via email inbox.
How many times can I enter Vietnam with an eVisa?
The Vietnam eVisa has a Single Entry allowance, meaning that you can enter this country only once per eVisa.
Which is better: obtaining the eVisa or getting my visa on arrival?
How does the Vietnam eVisa look like?
I still have some doubts, where can I find more info?
We look forward to walking you through the process so you can turn your attention away from worrying about your visa and get back to planning your adventures. Please be prepared with the basic documents required and get ready for the application at iVisa.com!