Vietnam, one of the most popular countries on the list of every traveler in SE Asia is slowly catching up with Indian travelers.
In February 2017, Vietnam launched the e-Visa program to simplify the process to enter the country. Now citizens of 46 countries, including India, can apply online and get their e-Visa electronically.
Here’s how to get Vietnam e-Visa for Indians!
Vietnam e-Visa: Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to apply for a Vietnam e-Visa?
You are required to have the following in order to submit your application:
- A Passport (Valid for at least 6 months after arrival to Vietnam)
- A Credit / Debit card / Paypal account
- Digital Passport Scan (main page)
- Digital ID/Passport image
How long does it take to obtain an e-Visa?
It depends on the method of processing time you choose. There are three options:
- Standard Processing Time: 5 business days.
- Rush Processing: 4 business days.
- Super Rush Processing: 3 business days.
How long is the Vietnam e-Visa valid for?
The Vietnam e-Visa is valid for 30 days after arrival. In addition, it is a single entry visa and allows for a maximum stay of 30 days.
Vietnam Visa for Indian Citizens Fees and Costs
The visa cost for Vietnam e-Visa is 25 USD. Additionally, there is a service fee of 20 USD for standard processing. For rush processing and super rush processing the service fee is 30 USD and 60 USD, respectively.
Vietnam e-Visa Requirements
Your passport must be valid for a minimum of 30 days beyond the visa expiry date. For example, if you enter Vietnam today and your visa expires in 30 days, then your passport must be valid for at least 60 days.
Ports of entry that permit the use of an e-Visa
- Cat Bi Int Airport (Hai Phong)
- Cam Ranh Int Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Can Tho International Airport
- Da Nang International Airport
- Noi Bai Int Airport (Ha Noi)
- Phu Bai Int Airport
- Phu Quoc International Airport
- Tan Son Nhat Int Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Bo Y Landport
- Cha Lo Landport
- Cau Treo Landport
- Huu Nghi Landport
- Ha Tien Landport
- Lao Bao Landport
- Lao Cai Landport
- Moc Bai Landport
- Moc Bai Landport
- Nam Can Landport
- Song Tien Landport
- Tinh Bien Landport
- Xa Mat Landport
- Da Nang Seaport
- Hon Gai Seaport
- Hai Phong Seaport
- Nha Trang Seaport
- Quy Nhon Seaport
- Ho Chi Minh City Seaport
- Vung Tau Seaport
What do I need to present upon entry to Vietnam?
You must present a printed copy of the e-Visa, along with your passport.
Important information you need to consider before applying
The Vietnam e-Visa is a SINGLE entry visa.
The Vietnam e-Visa is valid for 30 days, from the proposed date of entry indicated during the application.
E-Visa holders may remain in the Socialist Republic of Vietnam for a maximum of 30 consecutive days after the initial entry date.
Travelers who want to visit Vietnam must have their passport with at least 6-month validity from the planned date of entry.
Once the first 30 days have passed, and a renewal is needed, e-Visa holders in Vietnam may be considered for a new visa if being invited/guaranteed by authority/ organization/individual in Vietnam in accordance with Law on foreigners' entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam.
The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least 01 months after arrival in Vietnam and it must have at least two blank pages for the immigration and border control officer.
Minors with their own passport must complete a full e-Visa application. Minors aged 14 and under included on their parent’s passport will have to be included on their parents e-Visa application.
- Applicants are required to carry a copy of their e-Visa at all times during their stay.
Apply online for Vietnam e-Visa in 3 easy steps:
I. STEP 1: Fill out the online application form, providing: the airport of arrival, date of arrival, full name, passport number, date of birth, and your nationality. You are required to enter the personal information that matches the information on your passport.
II. STEP 2: Pay the service fee and Government fee online by your credit/debit card or Paypal. After finishing your order and payment, you will receive a confirmation email for your visa order. Then we will process your Vietnam e-Visa and send it to you by email. You can receive the email within 3 business days with our super rush service.
III. STEP 3: Download the Vietnam e-Visa and print it out. You need to show the e-Visa on arrival.
View Sample Vietnam Visa:
If you are planning to make a visit to Vietnam, things just got a lot easier and better. It should help you to get a cheaper visa for Vietnam, and explore a wonderful country with a great Vietnamese iced coffee.
Thousands of travelers love using iVisa, a visa service with a 9.5 ‘Excellent’ rating on TrustPilot that makes travel to Vietnam simple.
Join the thousands of satisfied iVisa customers to make obtaining your Cambodia visa simple, such as:
Michael: “I got my visa in less than 24 hours after submitting my application. I will use iVisa again in the future for sure!!”
David: “Unbelievably quick and accurate ! Thank you for making this happen.”
Stephanie: “Easy, painless, and timely process. I would recommend it to anyone!”
- Underwater Secrets Vietnam
- Vietnam-visa.org Review
- Vietnam Visa Announcement for US citizens
- Vietnam Visa Approval Letter
- Vietnam Visa Corp Review
- Vietnam Visa Pro Review
- Vietnam Visa for Australians
- Vietnam Visa for Canadian Passport Holders
- Vietnam Visa for Chinese Passport Holders
- Vietnam Visa for Citizens of the UK
- Vietnam Visa for French Passport Holders
- Vietnam Visa for Indian Passport Holders
- Vietnam Visa for New Zealand Passport Holders
- Vietnam Visa for US Citizens (Americans)
- Vietnam eVisa Frequently Asked Questions
- Vietnam eVisa cost
- Vietnamvisa.govt.vn Review
- Vietnam visa for Argentineans
- Vietnam visa for Armenian
- Vietnam visa for Azerbaijans
- Vietnam visa for Belarusian
- Vietnam visa for Bruneians
- Vietnam visa for Bulgarians
- Vietnam visa for Burmese
- Vietnam visa for Colombians
- Vietnam visa for Cuba
- Vietnam visa for Czechs
- Vietnam visa for Danish citizens
- Vietnam visa for Dutch citizens
- Vietnam visa for East Timorese
- Vietnam visa for Emiratis
- Vietnam visa for Filipinos
- Vietnam visa for Finns
- Vietnam visa for German
- Vietnam visa for Greeks
- Vietnam visa for Hungarians
- Vietnam visa for Irish
- Vietnam visa for Italians
- Vietnam visa for Japanese
- Vietnam visa for Kazakhstan citizens
- Vietnam visa for Luxembourgers
- Vietnam visa for Mongolians
- Vietnam visa for Norwegian
- Vietnam visa for Panamanians
- Vietnam visa for Peruvians
- Vietnam visa for Polish
- Vietnam visa for Romanians
- Vietnam visa for Russians
- Vietnam visa for Slovakians
- Vietnam visa for South Koreans
- Vietnam visa for Spaniards
- Vietnam visa for Swedish
- Vietnam visa for Uruguayan
- Vietnam visa for Venezuelans