Learn More: ETA
AUSTRALIA IS PARTIALLY OPEN: Australia partially opened for tourism on 1 December 2021.
NOTE: The upcoming easing of border restrictions for Japan, South Korea and a fully vaccinated person who holds a valid visa will be paused until 15 December 2021.
The Australia ETA, also known as the Australia e-Visa, is a travel authorization that permits certain travelers to enter Australia for business and tourist purposes. It is valid for one year after being issued and allows multiple entries with a maximum stay of 90 days Per Entry.
WHO CAN ENTER AUSTRALIA WITH THIS DOCUMENT
The Australian ETA is available to citizens of over 50 countries. Please note that only Australian citizens, permanent residents or their immediate family members can enter Australia if they have been in South Africa, Lesotho, Eswatini, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Seychelles or Mozambique in the last 14 days. Check the FAQs below for full quarantine details. The following travelers can enter Australia right now:
- Fully vaccinated travelers coming from New Zealand,
- Fully vaccinated Singapore citizens travelling from Singapore
- Fully vaccinated Japanese citizens travelling from Japan (from 15 December 2021).
- Fully vaccinated South Korean citizens travelling from South Korea (from 15 December 2021).
- Fully vaccinated people who holds a valid visa (tourism not included) listed here (from 15 December 2021)
OBTAIN THE AUSTRALIA ETA
To apply for the ETA, simply fill out the application with personal and travel details, and our team will take care of the rest. All travelers to Australia currently require a negative COVID PCR test result that was issued with 72 hours of departure to the country.
DISPLAY THE FORM
You’ll receive your ETA via email when it is completed. Although the ETA is linked to your passport, it’s recommended to print a hard copy to display to airport officials just in case.
Visit the FAQs below to view quarantine rules for Australia.
ABOUT COVID-19 SELF-TESTING
Don't waste vacation time searching for a COVID-19 test center. Even if you don't need to take a test to enter Australia, you will need a negative COVID-19 test result to enter the US. Simplify testing by ordering the eMed self-testing COVID-19 kit online. Pack the test in your suitcase and self-test no more than 3 days prior to your flight back to the US. Check the FAQs to learn more about our trusted testing partner.
Required Documents to Apply
A current valid passport
A credit/debit card
The Australian ETA visa is a Multiple Entry visa with a validity period of 1 year after issued, allowing a maximum stay of 90 days Per Entry.
You are permitted to stay beyond your visa's validity date, but not beyond the 90 days Per Entry
Your ETA does not allow you to work within Australia: it is intended only for business and tourist activity.
If you have a long name or multiple given names, only the first 24 letters will appear on your visa.
People with dual nationality should choose the nationality according to the passport to be used for the travel.
Your passport must be valid (not expired) when you board your flight and when you enter Australia. It must be an ordinary/regular passport.
Your ETA visa is electronically linked to your passport number. There is no stamp or label in your passport.
As the holder of a ETA, this visa allows you to stay for a maximum of 90 days Per Entry.
If you obtain a new passport for any reason, you will need to re-apply for a new Australian ETA.
The ETA visa is valid through to the expiration date listed on it, which is the last day you have the authority to enter Australia.
This expiration date of the Australian ETA will be either 1 year after issued, the expiration of your passport, or earlier if a current visa already exists in the immigration system. For example, if your ETA approval is in June 2018, but your passport expiration is in February 2019, your ETA will expire on the same date of your passport; otherwise it will expire in June 2019.
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Australia?
Yes, Australia has been taking steps to restore travel within its borders. In order to enter Australia, you’ll need to display your COVID vaccine passport or vaccination certificate.
Accepted vaccines are Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna, Sinovac, Sinopharm, Bharat Biotech or Johnson & Johnson. At least 7 days must have passed since you completed your full course of vaccination.
Do I need a negative COVID-19 test result to enter Australia?
- COVID-19 test prior to arrival: PCR within 72 hours.
- Pre-departure COVID-19 test exemptions: Travelers from New Zealand (only designated ‘green safe travel zone’ flights), Kiribati, Myanmar, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu are exempt from testing requirements.
Why buy a COVID-19 self-testing kit? (US residents only)
The eMed self-test COVID-19 kit includes 6 rapid antigen tests that meet American airline entry requirements- perfect for travelers on round-trip journeys from the US!
Order your test kit before your trip and it will be delivered to your home address for easy testing, anywhere, anytime. The Certified Guide will help you get results in 15 minutes on the NAVICA app. Get the eMed self-test COVID-19 kit for $150- that’s only $25 per test.
Do I have to quarantine on arrival to Australia?
- Quarantine requirements: Differ by state.
- Quarantine exemptions: Travelers arriving from New Zealand. There are no quarantine requirements in NSW, Victoria and the ACT.
What is an Australian ETA?
What do I need to apply for an Australian ETA?
We require the following to submit your application:
- A valid passport
- A credit/debit card and an email address for confirmation.
How long does it take to obtain an Australian ETA?
It depends on the method of processing time you choose. We offer three options:
- Standard processing: 24 hours - USD 20.00
- Rush processing: 4 hours - USD 50.00.
- Super rush processing: 1 hour - USD 70.00.
What is the cost to obtain an Australian ETA?
How long is an ETA valid for?
What conditions must the applicant’s passport meet for an ETA?
How does the Australian ETA work?
What are the yellow fever vaccination requirements to travel to Australia?
A yellow fever vaccine is required if traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.
More information in the following link: https://www.who.int/ith/ITH_Annex_I.pdf
Is my ETA valid for multiple entries?
Who is eligible for an Australian ETA?
I made a mistake on my application, what can I do?
What is an ETA visa?
Does my ETA come with any restrictions?
- You may not work.
- Your visit must be no longer than 3 months (per visit).
- You must not have tuberculosis (TB)
- You must not have any criminal convictions.
Can I apply for an ETA in Australia?
How long can I stay in Australia?
Do I need an ETA for my children if they're traveling to Australia with me?
If I am only passing through Australia, do I need an ETA?
Do I need to have a flight booked before applying for the visa?
My passport is valid for less than six months. Can I still apply for an ETA?
Do I need to enter Australia on the exact date specified on my ETA?
What if I want to enter Australia before my ETA validity period?
If I already possess a valid Australian ETA, can I apply for a new one?
How do I know if my Australian ETA is still valid for travel to Australia?
Learn more about Australia Tourism
Where can I read more?
- How Citizens of Singapore can enter Australia during Coronavirus?
- How Citizens of the United States can enter Australia during Coronavirus?
- Vaccination Passport Australia: The Complete Guide
- Australia Covid Quarantine Hotel
- Australia Covid Test
- Australia Covid Travel Restrictions
- How Citizens of the United Kingdom Can Enter Australia During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of China Can Enter Australia During Coronavirus
- Australia Covid Entry Rules
- Australia Vaccination Requirement: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Australia?
- How Citizens of Australia Can Enter Nepal During Coronavirus
- HOW TO ENTER AUSTRALIA DURING COVID-19 FOR PERMANENT RESIDENTS
- HOW TO ENTER AUSTRALIA DURING COVID-19 FOR IMMEDIATE FAMILY
- HOW TO ENTER AUSTRALIA DURING COVID-19 FOR NEW ZEALANDERS
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Estonia
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Sweden
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Hungary
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Vatican City
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Norway
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Latvia
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Switzerland
- Australian visa for French citizens
- Australian visa for Swiss citizens
- Australian visa for Irish
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Iceland
- Australian visa for Austrian
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of the Republic of San Marino
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Lithuania
- Australia ETA for the citizens of Hong Kong
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Finland
- Australia ETA for US citizens
- Australian visa for Finnish citizens
- AUSTRALIA VISA FOR USA CITIZENS
- Australia Visa Policy
- Australia ETA processing time - How long does it take?
- Is there an Australian visa for Singapore Citizens?
- Australia ETA for the citizens of the Netherlands
- Do I need a Business ETA for Australia?
- What is an Australia eVisitor Visa (Subclass 651)?
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Belgium
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Croatia
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of the Czech Republic
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of the United Kingdom
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Slovakia
- Australia visa for Monegasques
- Australia visa for Icelanders
- Australia visa for Sammarinese
- AUSTRALIA VISA FOR HONG KONGERS
- AUSTRALIA VISA FOR MALAYSIANS
- AUSTRALIA VISA FOR DUTCH CITIZENS
- Can I get an ETA for Australia online?
- What is an Australia ETA (subclass 601)
- Is the Australia ETA free?
- Australia visa for Liechtenstein
- An easy way to get an ETA or an Australian visa
- How to apply for an Australia ETA
- AUSTRALIAN VISA FOR DANISH CITIZENS
- AUSTRALIA E-VISITOR VISA COST
- CAN I GET AN AUSTRALIA VISA EXTENSION?
- Australia visa for Luxembourg
- Essential Australia
- AUSTRALIA TRANSIT VISA FEES
- AUSTRALIA TRANSIT VISA FOR INDIAN CITIZENS
- Australia Visa for Canadian Citizens
- Australia ETA Frequently Asked Questions
- AUSTRALIA VISA FOR UK CITIZENS
- HOW TO ENTER AUSTRALIA FOR THE ICC T20 WORLD CUP
- AUSTRALIA TRANSIT VISA REQUIREMENTS
- Surfing and enjoying with a Visa to Australia
- AUSTRALIA VISA FOR PORTUGUESE CITIZENS
- How to apply for an eVisitor visa (Subclass 651) for Australia
- Australian visa for Italian citizen
- Do I need an Australia ETA or an eVisitor?
- Australia visa for Japanese
- Australian visa for Spanish citizens
- AUSTRALIA ETA FOR MALAYSIAN CITIZENS
- Australian visa for Greek citizens
- Australian visa for Swedish citizens
- Australia visa for Norwegians
- Australia ETA cost and fees
- Australian visa for German passport holder
- AUSTRALIAN VISA FOR BELGIAN CITIZENS
- Australian ETA for British passport holders
- MUST I APPLY FOR AN AUSTRALIAN ETA STRAIGHT AT THE ISSUING AUTHORITY?
- AUSTRALIA VISA FOR MALTESE
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Romania
- AUSTRALIA EVISITOR VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF BULGARIA
- AUSTRALIA ETA RENEWAL - WHEN IS IT NECESSARY?
- How to perform an Australia ETA check
- Is the Australia eVisitor visa necessary for USA citizens?
- AUSTRALIA VISA FOR ANDORRANS
- AUSTRALIA VISA FOR SOUTH KOREAN
- Australia ETA for the citizens of Canada
- Australia ETA for the citizens of Italy
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Poland
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of the Netherlands
- Australia ETA for the citizens of Singapore
- Australia eVisitor Visa processing time and status check
- Is the eVisitor visa for Australia free?
- Is the eVisitor for Australia a multiple entry visa?
- AUSTRALIA VISA GROUP APPLICATION
- AUSTRALIA VISA FOR BRUNEIANS
- Australia eVisitor Frequently Asked Questions (Helpdesk)
- Australia eVisitor visa requirements
- Which one do I need? The Australia ETA or visa?
- Do I need an ETA or a travel visa for Australia?
- Must I get an ETA or a tourist visa for a trip to Australia?
- Australia ETA for the citizens of UK
- Australia ETA requirements