Learn More: Health Authorization
SINT MAARTEN IS OPEN- Sint Maarten re-opened for tourism on 1 November 2021. However, as of 30 November, travelers who have visited South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Eswatini, Zimbabwe, Namibia or Mozambique in the 14 days prior to arrival will be denied entry.
The health authorities of Sint Maarten have introduced the Health Authorization as a mandatory travel document required to enter the country. This document will allow you to visit Sint Maarten by enabling tracing and limiting the health risks related to traveling during the COVID-19 pandemic.
WHO CAN ENTER SINT MAARTEN WITH THIS DOCUMENT?
The Sint Maarten Health Authorization is for all travelers older who wish to enter the country, regardless of whether they are traveling by air, ship, or as transit travelers. As of 30 November, travelers who have visited South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Eswatini, Zimbabwe, Namibia or Mozambique in the 14 days prior to arrival will be denied entry. This document is available through an online form. Children can be included on their parent/guardian’s application.
GET THE SINT MAARTEN HEALTH AUTHORIZATION
iVisa.com can help you to obtain St. Maarten Health Authorization in the easiest and fastest way possible. To do so, simply fill in an online form. Testing requirements depend on your vaccination status, so check out the testing FAQ below to learn more.
DISPLAY THE FORM
As soon as we complete the application process, we’ll send this document straight to your email before your trip, so you’ll be able to show it to the border control officers once you arrive in the country.
You can read up-to-date information on specific quarantine rules in Sint Maarten in the FAQs below.
ABOUT COVID-19 SELF-TESTING
Purchase eMed's self-testing COVID-19 kit and get 6 antigen tests sent to your US home address for only $150. Self-test in privacy with a virtual Certified Guide using the NAVICA App. Accurate results are delivered in 15 minutes, which leaves plenty of time to get to the airport. eMed's antigen tests are ideal for travelers on a round-trip journey to this destination from the US.
Required Documents to Apply
Airline Confirmation (if applicable)
Negative pre-departure COVID-19 test result (if applicable)
Medical proof of COVID-19 vaccination (if applicable)
The St. Maarten Health Authorization is part of the required documents you will need to enter Sint Maarten, it DOES NOT replace a visa. If your country requires a visa, the immigration officers will ask for your visa when you enter Sint Maarten. Keep in mind some nationalities will require a paper visa. If that is your case, we suggest you visit your local embassy.
All travelers must fill out the Sint Maarten Health Authorization. Without the health authorization, entry into the country will be denied by the immigration authorities.
You are required to print and carry this Sint. Maarten Health Authorization, as you will be required to present it at the point of entry.
Arrivals from high risk and very high risk countries are required to enter self-monitoring temperature information through an email link during the first 5 days of their stay.
Fully vaccinated travelers must provide the date of completion of vaccination as well as valid proof of vaccination from the country where the vaccine was administered.
Medical insurance coverage is required for visitors going to Sint Maarten. Travelers in transit and children aged 10 and under are exempt. Also, it is highly recommended to get travel insurance that covers COVID-19 related expenses.
Check the FAQs below to find out whether you will need to upload a negative COVID-19 PCR test result to travel to Sint Maarten.
The approved vaccines are Pfizer, Moderna, Astrazeneca and Johnson & Johnson.
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Sint Maarten?
No, you don't. COVID vaccination passports or certificates are not mandatory to enter Sint Maarten. Now if you are a Covid vaccine certificate holder, you won't need to present a negative PCR test nor to follow a quarantine.
The accepted Covid-19 vaccines are Comirnaty (Pfizer), Spikevax (Moderna), Vaxzevria (Astrazeneca), Johnson & Johnson/Janssen, Covishield (Astrazeneca), Sinopharm and Sinovac/CoronaVac. You are considered vaccinated if all doses of a vaccine against SARS-Cov-2 have been administered for at least two weeks before traveling.
Do I need a COVID-19 test to enter Sint Maarten?
- COVID test prior to arrival- unvaccinated travelers only: PCR within 72 hours.
- COVID test exemptions: Children under 5 and fully vaccinated travelers.
Why buy a COVID-19 self-testing kit? (US residents only)
The eMed self-test COVID-19 kit includes 6 rapid antigen tests that meet American airline entry requirements- perfect for travelers on round-trip journeys from the US!
Order your test kit before your trip and it will be delivered to your home address for easy testing, anywhere, anytime. The Certified Guide will help you get results in 15 minutes on the NAVICA app. Get the eMed self-test COVID-19 kit for $150- that’s only $25 per test.
Do I need to quarantine on arrival?
- Quarantine requirements: No quarantine restrictions apply however arrivals from high risk and very high risk countries must enter self-monitoring temperature information through an email link during the first 5 days of their stay.
Which countries are classed as low, high and very high risk?
- Low-risk countries: Anguilla, Barbados, Bonaire, Cayman Islands, China, Grenada, Hong Kong, Montserrat, New Zealand, Saba, Singapore, St. Barthelemy, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, St. Eustatius, Turks and Caicos.
- Very high-risk countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, French Guyana, Guyana, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, South Africa, Surinam, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
- High-risk countries: Rest of the world
What is the St. Maarten Health Authorization about?
Is it mandatory to apply for this document if I’m traveling to Sint Maarten?
Do children need to present an rt-PCR test result?
How much does the St. Maarten Health Authorization cost?
- Standard Processing: 24 hours - USD 50.00.
- Rush Processing: 12 hours - USD 65.00.
- Super Rush Processing: 8 hours - USD 90.00.
When should I apply for this document?
How do I obtain a St. Maarten Health Authorization + Travel Insurance?
How long will it take to complete this form?
I’m in transit to another neighboring island, do I have to present proof of the negative rt-PCR COVID-19 test?
What is the validity of the St. Maarten Health Authorization?
How many times can I use this Travel Authorization?
Is travel insurance needed to visit St. Maarten?
Where can I get extra info?
Learn More about St. Maarten Tourism
Where can I read more?
- Sint Maarten Vaccination Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Sint Maarten?
- WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ST. MAARTEN COVID-19 TESTING REQUIREMENTS
- ALL ABOUT HOW CITIZENS OF CANADA CAN VISIT ST. MAARTEN DURING CORONAVIRUS
- LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW CITIZENS OF FRANCE CAN VISIT ST. MAARTEN DURING CORONAVIRUS
- LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW CITIZENS OF THE NETHERLANDS CAN VISIT ST. MAARTEN DURING CORONAVIRUS
- HOW CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES CAN VISIT ST. MAARTEN DURING CORONAVIRUS EASILY