Learn More: Health Pass + Insurance
The Costa Rica Health Pass was designed to screen international arrivals to minimize the risks associated with the coronavirus pandemic. All travelers who wish to enter Costa Rica are required to complete this form. You’ll also need to purchase travel insurance.
If you’re ready to get started on your journey to Costa Rica, apply for the Health Pass + Insurance now.
WHO CAN ENTER COSTA RICA WITH THESE DOCUMENTS
Citizens from the United States, Canada, Mexico, the EU Schengen Zone, the United Kingdom, Central America, South America, Jamaica, Asia, and Oceania are allowed to enter Costa Rica. See the FAQ section below to understand under which terms and conditions.
Travelers will also be requested to showcase an RT-PCR negative test result taken within 72 hours before departure and show proof of medical insurance.
OBTAIN THE COSTA RICA HEALTH PASS + INSURANCE
To apply for these documents, you’ll need to provide information about your health status and intended stay in Costa Rica. Passengers must comply with the country’s safety protocols.
DISPLAY THE DOCUMENTS
Once you submit your application, we’ll forward the Costa Rica Health Pass + Insurance to your email before your trip, so you can show them to the immigration authorities when you get to the airport.
View the FAQs below for quarantine rules for Costa Rica.
Required Documents to Apply
A current valid passport, with at least 6-month validity.
A credit/debit card or a PayPal account.
All travelers must fill out the Costa Rica Health Pass and get a medical insurance that covers accommodation and medical expenses generated by the COVID-19 disease.
The Costa Rica Health Pass is part of the required documents you will need to enter Costa Rica, it DOES NOT replace a visa. If your country requires a visa, the immigration officers will ask for your Visa when you enter Costa Rica. Keep in mind some nationalities will require a paper visa. If that is your case, we suggest you visit your local embassy.
You are required to print and carry this Costa Rica Health Pass with you, as you will be required to present it at the point of entry.
It is required to get tested for Covid-19 using a PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test and upload the test results certificate. The test must be conducted within 72 hours prior to arrival. Tests older than 72 hours are not acceptable.
If this Health Pass is for a minor or a dependent person, it must be completed by the person’s legal guardian.
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you won’t have to self-isolate when you arrive in Costa Rica, but keep in mind that this information is subject to change due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19.
However, you should know that travelers in Costa Rica are required to wear a mask at bus stops and on public transportation.
- Standard Processing Time: 1 Business Day - USD 192.00.
- Rush Processing Time: 8 hours - USD 217.00.
- Super Rush Processing Time: 4 hours - USD 237.00.
- Costa Rica Travel Insurance Price
- Costa Rica Travel Insurance Requirements for Covid
- How citizens of the Netherlands can enter Costa Rica during coronavirus?
- HOW CITIZENS OF FRANCE CAN ENTER COSTA RICA DURING CORONAVIRUS?
- HOW CITIZENS OF GERMANY CAN ENTER COSTA RICA DURING CORONAVIRUS?
- How Citizens of Nicaragua Can Enter Costa Rica During Coronavirus?
- HOW CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES CAN ENTER COSTA RICA DURING CORONAVIRUS?
- Does Costa Rica have travel restrictions?
- What you should know about the Costa Rica Travel Quarantine
- Should I get Costa Rica Travel Insurance for Covid-19?
- KNOW MORE ABOUT HOW CITIZENS OF CANADA CAN ENTER COSTA RICA DURING CORONAVIRUS
- LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW CITIZENS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM CAN ENTER COSTA RICA DURING CORONAVIRUS
- ALL ABOUT COSTA RICA TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS - COVID
- WHAT SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT COSTA RICA TRAVEL MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS?