The citizens of New Zealand are among the 67 nationalities that are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to Mexico for tourism purposes. Even so, you are still required to purchase a Forma Migratoria Multiple, known as a Mexico tourist card. While you can get it from the airline you are traveling with or on arrival, with iVisa, you can acquire the card online before departure in just half an hour.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of New Zealand – requirements
To start the online application process, you need to first check if you meet a few requirements. You should not find this task difficult since the list is short, and you may already have some of the items on it. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of New Zealand – the online application form
As soon as you consider yourself ready, you can move on and fill in the online application form. It should take you about 20 minutes to do it, but if you have questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available day and night, and it is entirely free of charge.
The form created by iVisa is broken down into three steps. The first one focuses on general information, processing time, and means of travel. The last two will have you make a choice, and the cost of your Mexico tourist card depends on those choices. Regarding the processing time for your application, here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged $20.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 6 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged $60.
As far as the means of travel is concerned, bear in mind that when you travel by car, the price of your Mexico tourist card will be an extra $29. Consequently, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing time frame.
Moving on to step number two, this is the moment when you have to handle the payment and review your form to make sure it does not contain any errors. And finally, the third step wants you to upload the documents that support your application. As soon as you are finished, you can submit your request, and iVisa will handle everything that follows.
As you can see, the citizens of New Zealand enjoy a short and smooth process when it comes to acquiring a Mexico tourist card. The document in question can be used for a single entry, and it is valid for 180 days since arrival.