Same as many other nationalities, the citizens of Qatar cannot travel to Mexico without obtaining a visa in advance. You will also need to buy a Mexico tourist card, otherwise known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple. You can apply for the latter on the plane on your way to Mexico, or you can get it on arrival. However, there is a better way to obtain it. With the services provided by iVisa, you can acquire the FMM card online before departure in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Qatar – the requirements
The first thing you have to do when you decide to apply online for a Mexico tourist card is to make sure that you can come up with everything you need for the application process. Here is what you must have at your disposal:
- Passport – to acquire a Mexico tourist card, you need to have a passport. Moreover, Mexico's visa policy states that the passport has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival in Mexico.
- Airline ticket – iVisa is interested in the flight number. Keep in mind that you must fulfill this requirement only if you choose to travel by air.
- E-mail address – when you complete an online application process, the FMM card arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before departure. At the same time, we suggest that you write down the number of your tourist card just in case it gets lost or stolen.
- Means of payment – you will be happy to learn that iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit or a debit card, but you can also pay using PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat. Whichever is most convenient for you.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Qatar – the online application form
Putting all the requirements together is not enough. You also have to fill in an application form. Usually, it takes applicants about 20 minutes to complete it, but if you have questions or concerns, iVisa’s customer support can be reached via online chat or phone 24/7. The service is entirely free of charge.
As you will notice, the form is broken down into three steps. Step one requires you to provide your personal information. You also have to choose a processing time for your application and mention your means of travel so that the cost of your Mexico tourist card can be established. As for the former, you can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You only have to pay $20, and your application is processed within 24 hours.
- Rush processing – for things to move a bit faster, you can choose this option, and your Mexico tourist card will arrive within 6 hours. The fee, however, is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you can select. It is the most expensive too. Your application is processed within just 30 minutes, and you will be charged $60.
If you decide to enter Mexico by car, you will be charged more. An additional $29, to be more exact. Consequently, you will pay $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing time option.
When you get to the second step, you must handle the payment and review your form so that it does not contain inaccurate information. Otherwise, your tourist card will be invalid, and you have to apply for a new one.
And finally, the third step comes with a set of instructions on how to provide iVisa with the necessary documents that support your application. When you are done with every single step, you can submit your request, and iVisa will take it from there.
What is important to know is that the citizens of Qatar have easy access to a Mexico tourist card when choosing the online application process. The FMM card is valid for 180 days since arrival, and it ensures a single entry.