Australia started the electronic visa program in 1996. As of 2013, the present visa is available to different nationalities including Dutch citizens. The method is straightforward. The record is called an ETA or Electronic Travel Authorization. Nowadays you can apply for an Australian ETA online easily.
There's an important difference between this current e-Visa and the one we had pre-2013, and it's that Dutch citizen can use this ETA for both tourism and business functions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I need a visa to enter Australia if I have a Dutch passport?
You don't need exactly a visa to enter Australia since the document required is not the same as other visas. What you need with your Dutch passport is an ETA.
What is the Australia ETA?
An Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) is a document that provides authorization to travel to and enter Australia, and is electronically linked to your passport. It's made only for tourism or business purposes.
Remember that you must be outside Australia when you apply. It is recommended not to make any travel arrangements until you receive your visa.
How Long can Dutch Citizens stay in Australia with the ETA?
Dutch citizens who use an ETA can stay in Australia for 90 days Per Entry.
How long is the Australian ETA valid for?
You can have your ETA valid for 1 year after issued.
What are the requirements needed to apply?
Applying online has certainly made things a lot easier for Dutch citizens, but that doesn't mean you don't need to provide a few documents.
Before you start filling in the application form, it is recommended that you gather all the required files. iVisa asks very few things of you, but the documents need to be uploaded as indicated. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – you can't travel to Australia without a passport. If you do not have one, you can fix that by paying a visit to the issuing authority in your country. If you do have a passport, ensure that it stays valid for a minimum of three months from your date of entry in Australia.
- A credit/debit card (or a Paypal account) and an email address for confirmation. – during the application process, you will be required to pay for iVisa’s services so that you can submit it. You can use a credit or a debit card. Also, iVisa accepts PayPal as well.
Please take note that you will also be required to answer a set of personal questions. It is just common questions; just a few concerns such as the reason for your excursion, and so on. While not particularly important, please answer truthfully.
If you have acquired the two documents mentioned, you can start filling in the application. The process is simple and you can contact iVisa’s amazing customer service that is reachable 24/7.
What are the processing time and fees for Dutch Citizens?
These two are discussed collectively because each one influences the other. The Australia ETA for Dutch citizens itself is free of charge, what you are paying is iVisa’s services.
Keep in mind that being a free document means that many people ask for it and that's why you can struggle a little bit trying to finish the process and it can take you several hours or even days to complete.
This is the reason why iVisa offers you three available processing options to make the process faster and simpler. As you can imagine, the faster you want your ETA, the higher the service fee. Here are your options:
- Standard processing period – It only costs USD 20.00 and this is the cheapest and most widely used option. You only need to wait 24 hours to receive to your ETA. Even though this is the slowest option, one business day is not too much hassle.
- Rush Processing period – this option is a lot faster than the first. You will have your Australia ETA for Dutch citizens in just 4 hours. As you expect, you have to pay more this time. USD 50.00 to be more precise.
- Super Rush processing period – this alternative option is the fastest iVisa provides. You can apply on your way to the airport since it only takes 1 hour for your application to be processed, and you will be billed USD 70.00.
All the services fees are included in the prices. If you want to start your application, click here.
How does the Australian ETA work?
The application form is easy to comprehend so you can complete it quickly. It is broken down into two simple steps.
Firstly, you'll have to fill in your personal information and choose the processing time.
Secondly, you'll have to revise step one and make the payment. After that, you just apply, and that's it!
Getting an Australia ETA for Dutch citizens is one of the easiest things you can do. It requires little time and effort, and you will be on the next flight out. It's much better than visiting an embassy for a consular visa.
What happens after I have submitted my application form?
After you submit your application, just wait for your ETA to arrive by email in the timeframe you chose. You don't have to deal with the embassy. We do it for you so to save you valuable time.
Do I need an ETA for my children traveling to Australia with me?
Yes. Everyone traveling to Australia must have the ETA before departing, regardless of their age.
I made a mistake on my application. Can I modify the eVisitor Visa after it’s issued?
In this case, you have to contact us ASAP via Online Chat. Unfortunately, if your visa was processed, you will need to pay an additional USD 20.00 charge.
Is it safe to use iVisa to get my ETA?
Yes, of course! Many people believe that online information leaks easily and their info can get into the wrong hands. However, that doesn't happen with our services. We provide maximum safety for your data, and we invest a lot in the security of our database. Your personal information is 100 % safe with us. You can check what hundreds of happy customers say about us here.
I have more unresolved questions, where can I find more info?
Keep in mind that you can visit this amazing destiny with beautiful beaches and exotic fauna just by filling in an application form in less than 10 minutes! With iVisa, you can be sure that we'll make the process faster and easier for you, even if you're in a rush to visit Australia. Start your journey by clicking here!