The citizens of Palau, together with other 66 nationalities, are exempt from getting a visa when taking a trip to Mexico for tourism purposes. Nevertheless, you still need a Mexico Tourist card to enter the country. Otherwise known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple, you can get the card from the airline you are traveling with or on arrival. However, iVisa suggests that you apply online before departure. That way, you can have the document you need in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Palau – requirements
The online application process for a Mexico tourist card is not very demanding, and you should have an easy time going through it. But first, you need to make sure that you meet the requirements. Here is what you need:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Mexico tourist card unless you have a valid passport. Plus, according to Mexico’s visa policy, the travel document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from your arrival.
- Airplane ticket – you only need to meet this requirement if you make the trip by air. iVisa is interested mostly in the flight number. If you travel by car, you do not need another document that attests your arrival.
- E-mail address – when you apply online for your tourist card, you will receive the document via e-mail in PDF format. It would be best if you printed it out before you leave. Also, just in case you lose your FMM card, or it gets stolen, we recommend that you write down the document’s number.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, you need to be able to make the payment online as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Palau – processing time and fees
The price of a Mexico tourist card depends on the choice you make when it comes to processing timeframe and means of travel. Regarding the former, iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. You receive your Mexico tourist card in 24 hours, and you are charged $20.
- Rush processing – the in-between option delivers your tourist card in 6 hours. Obviously, this option is more expensive. You must pay $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but you will be charged $60.
When it comes to the means of travel, remember that when you travel by car, the price of your Mexico tourist card will be an additional $29. As a result, you will be charged $49, $69, and $89 respectively for each processing timeframe.
The online application form
To know what to expect when you access the application page, we will describe, briefly, the application form you must fill in. However, keep in mind that iVisa provides 24/7 customer support if you need help. The service is free.
The form consists of three steps. The first one requires you to provide your personal information, but this is also the moment when you have to choose a processing time for your application and a means of travel. The second step wants you to make the payment and review your form, while the third requires you to upload a few documents. Once you are finished, you can submit your application, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
As you can see, the Mexico tourist card is an easy document to obtain when you apply online with iVisa. The card has a validity period of 180 days since arrival, and you are allowed to use it for a single entry.