Learn More: Traveller Visa
The South Sudan eVisa is an electronic visa that allows foreign nationals to obtain authorization to visit the African country by a completely online process. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, South Sudan introduced this digital eVisa to replace the older system of applying in person at an embassy.
All travelers entering South Sudan are required to have a visa in order to enter the country (some nationalities are exempt). Travelers can apply online with iVisa.com and get their eVisa PDF from anywhere within 72 hours.
WHO CAN ENTER SOUTH SUDAN WITH THIS DOCUMENT
Most citizens who want to travel to South Sudan are eligible to apply for an Evisa. There are a few countries who are exempt from this rule, you can use the Visa Tracker tool on the top right of this page to find out if you are eligible or exempt.
Any traveler's passport must be valid for at least 180 days from the date of arrival in South Sudan.
All citizens eligible can apply for the document here.
OBTAIN THE SOUTH SUDAN EVISA
To obtain the South Sudan eVisa with iVisa.com it's an easy process. You just need internet access and to provide us with some basic personal, flight, travel and health information. If you have had a previous visa to enter Sudan you will also need to provide this information.
You can fill our online form out within 10-15 minutes and one you have paid and sent your application, you will receive email confirmation. Just wait for your visa to arrive via email in the selected time frame. The fastest travelers can get their e-visa PDF is within 72 hours. Make sure you save this document and/or print it out so it's ready to show on arrival to Sudan. Either way the officials will verify your electronic visa and print out a copy to stamp into your passport.
Visit the application page to complete the South Sudan eVisa.
DISPLAY THE FORM
After applying online, travelers have to present their eVisa to the Visa officer at the port of entry in Sudan. The officer will then verify the visa and check your travel documents. It takes about 5 minutes. If there is no issue with the application or documents, the officer will stamp the passport with a physical visa (so make sure you have a blank page).
Visit the FAQs below to view the quarantine rules for South Sudan.
Required Documents to Apply
- Applicant's photo
- Passport page
- Negative pre-departure PCR COVID-19 test result
- Yellow Fever Vaccination
- Previous eVisa (if applicable)
- Travel Authorization by Employer or University (if applicable)
- Proof of accommodation (if applicable)
It is highly recommended that you keep your eVisa and the associated documents with you either as a soft copy (smartphone, tablet, etc.) or as a hard copy in case of any failure in the system.
When applying online a government visa fee is required, it is non-refundable and varies according to your nationality
Incomplete applications will be rejected and provision of false information will lead to automatic rejections. As will failing to upload the complete documentation.
Engaging in any form of business or employment without requisite permit or pass is an offense.
Remember to check your country's safety recommendations before travelling, for a better travel experience
My application couldn’t be completed due to an error. What now?
What can I do if my South Sudan Traveler Visa has been canceled or rejected?
Will my fee be refunded if my visa is refused?
Do I need a Traveler Visa if I’m only transiting through South Sudan?
Can I extend my South Sudan visa?
Can the Embassy or Consulate request me to provide additional documents or information?
How do processing times work?
Where can I read more?
- South Sudan eVisa for Citizens of Uganda
- South Sudan eVisa for Citizens of Ethiopia
- South Sudan eVisa for Citizens of Nigeria
- South Sudan eVisa for Citizens of Bangladesh
- South Sudan eVisa for Citizens of Canada
- South Sudan eVisa for Citizens of Somalia
- South Sudan eVisa for Citizens of the United States
- South Sudan eVisa for Citizens of India
- South Sudan eVisa for Citizens of the United Kingdom
- South Sudan eVisa for Citizens of Pakistan
- See All
- iVisa is NOT affiliated with any government agency. This site does not provide legal advice and we are not a law firm. None of our customer service representatives are lawyers and they also do not provide legal advice. We are a private, internet-based travel and immigration consultancy provider dedicated to helping individuals travel around the world. You may apply by yourself directly on the various government websites. The source of information: https://evisa.gov.ss/