The interview is an important part of the application process for the US B1/B2 visa. Many people worry about the interview and are rejected due to a poor interview. This is precisely why iVisa developed a list of the most common B1/B2 visa questions that the consular officer may ask.
After you complete the B1/B2 visa application with us, and you have the confirmation page, you'll be able to schedule an interview. Keep reading to discover the tips for answering these questions in the best way possible.
Discover some of the B1/B2 Visa interview questions
Some common questions asked during a US visa interview are:
- Why would you want to go to the USA?
- Why have you chosen this period? Why not another?
- How long will you stay in the USA? Can you not fulfill your purpose in a shorter period?
- Is there a place for you to remain in the United States? Where?
- How much do you believe your trip is going to cost? Do you have the means? Can you show me? (bank statement, as an example)
- Can you reserve a flight for the United States of America?
- Have you been to the United States before?
- Who will attend you on this trip?
- Will you have travel insurance? If not, do you plan to purchase it?
- What do you do for a living?
- What is your annual income?
- Will you come back to your country of origin?
- How can I be confident that you will come back?
- Do you have property?
- Who will look after the home when you are gone?
- Do you have a letter of invitation? If yes, can you show it?
- How many kids do you have?
- Do you pay taxes?
- How will you move from 1 spot to the other when you arrive in the US?
- Do you own a car?
- Do you have siblings?
What is a B1/B2 Visa?
The American B1/B2 is a physical visa, stamped right into one of the pages of your passport. This visa type is intended for people who want to visit the US for tourism and business activities.
Some of the characteristics of the B1B2 visa are; Its valid for 10 years after issued, its a Multiple Entry visa and you can stay in the US for a maximum of 180 days Per Entry.
Find out about the B1B2 Visa in more detail.
Necessary documents to obtain your US Visa
You can easily obtain your B1B2 Visa by applying with us; to make that possible, you must have the following items on hand:
- Your passport, valid for at least six months beyond your stay in the USA.
- Your digital photo (passport format).
- Your travel itinerary, if you've already made travel arrangements.
- Your dates of the last five visits or excursions to the United States (if applicable). You could be asked for your international travel history for the previous five years.
- Your resume or curriculum vitae. You could also be required to provide information about your present and previous education.
- Other info. Based on the purpose of traveling, some applicants will be requested to supply extra information when completing the online application.
When you apply with us we will provide a complete list of the documents you need to prepare to take to your appontment.
How to Apply with iVisa?
Getting a B1/B2 US Visa with us is easy. Follow these simple steps:
Fill out our online simplified application.
Get unlimited support during the entire process from our team of iVisa Experts that will help you apply correctly and send further guidelines for the next steps.
Send all the required documents to the Embassy or Consulate, and attend the visa interview if needed. We will help you schedule the interview.
Receive your new visa and get ready to travel!
When you finish your visa application, our team will contact you to schedule an interview at your local U.S. Embassy/Consulate, or appointment center.
How long does it take to get a US visa?
Processing a visa can take between 2-8 weeks, depending on each individual case, and on the US embassy who have its own time frames.
Where can I learn more about the US visa renewal?
Communicate with our customer service agents, who are available 24 hours a day. They can help you with the possible B1/B2 visa questions during the interview or with any other questions you may have.