Learn More: Health Pass
The Costa Rica Health Pass was designed to screen international arrivals in order to minimize the risks associated with the coronavirus pandemic. All adult travelers who wish to enter Costa Rica are required to complete this form.
If you’re ready to get started on your journey to Costa Rica, apply for the Health Pass now.
WHO CAN ENTER COSTA RICA WITH THIS DOCUMENT
All nationalities can apply for this document to enter Costa Rica. It is not mandatory to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result for the application form or to enter the country, but this is subject to change depending on how the health situation develops. Unvaccinated travelers must show proof of medical insurance for the duration of the trip that covers $50,000 for medical expenses and $2,000 for lodging expenses related to COVID-19.
Go to the application page to complete the Costa Rica Health Pass.
OBTAIN THE COSTA RICA HEALTH PASS
To apply for the Health Pass, you must provide information about your health status and intended stay in Costa Rica. Passengers must comply with all local health and safety protocols.
DISPLAY THE DOCUMENT
Once you submit your application, we’ll forward the Costa Rica Health Pass to you via email before your trip, so you can show it to the authorities when you get to the airport.
You can find up-to-date information about Costa Rica in the FAQs below.
ABOUT COVID-19 SELF-TESTING
Purchase eMed's self-testing COVID-19 kit and get 6 antigen tests sent to your US home address for only $150. Self-test in privacy with a virtual Certified Guide using the NAVICA App. Accurate results are delivered in 15 minutes, which leaves plenty of time to get to the airport. eMed's antigen tests are ideal for travelers on a round-trip journey to this destination from the US.
Required Documents to Apply
Medical proof of COVID-19 vaccination (if applicable)
Medical Insurance (if applicable)
Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
Selfie holding the physical credit card used for the transaction is needed to verify payment. Only the last 4 digits of the credit card must be visible in the picture. Only one image is needed per order. (if applicable)
The Costa Rica Health Pass is part of the required documents you will need to enter Costa Rica, however it DOES NOT replace a visa. If your country’s citizens require a visa, the immigration officers will ask for your visa when you try to enter Costa Rica. Keep in mind some nationalities will require a paper visa. If that is the case, we suggest you contact your local Costa Rican embassy.
All travelers must fill out the Costa Rica Health Pass, with the exception of children under the age of 2 years old. Underage travelers’ legal parents or guardians should fill it out on their behalf.
Print and carry the Costa Rica Health Pass to present it at the point of entry.
Unvaccinated travelers must have medical insurance coverage of $2,000 for accommodation and $50,000 medical expenses incurred by a positive COVID-19 diagnosis. Accepted vaccines are Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, AstraZeneca or Johnson & Johnson.
If this Health Pass is for a minor or a dependent person, it must be completed by the person’s legal guardian.
Accepted vaccines are Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, AstraZeneca or Johnson & Johnson.
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
The eMed self-test COVID-19 kit includes 6 rapid antigen tests that meet American airline entry requirements- perfect for travelers on round-trip journeys from the US!
Order your test kit before your trip and it will be delivered to your home address for easy testing, anywhere, anytime. The Certified Guide will help you get results in 15 minutes on the NAVICA app. Get the eMed self-test COVID-19 kit for $150- that’s only $25 per test.
- Standard Processing Time: 24 hours - USD 20.00.
- Rush Processing Time: 4 hours - USD 35.00.
- Super Rush Processing Time: 30 minutes - USD 60.00.
Currently, travelers from all countries are allowed to enter Costa Rica. Everyone must fill out the Costa Rica Health Pass.
It’s recommended for you to apply for the Health Pass at least 3 days before your departure date to Costa Rica.
Start right now and avoid delays for your travel document.
- Costa Rica Vaccination Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Costa Rica?
- Costa Rica Travel Insurance Price
- Costa Rica Travel Insurance Requirements for Covid
- How citizens of the Netherlands can enter Costa Rica during coronavirus?
- HOW CITIZENS OF FRANCE CAN ENTER COSTA RICA DURING CORONAVIRUS?
- HOW CITIZENS OF GERMANY CAN ENTER COSTA RICA DURING CORONAVIRUS?
- How Citizens of Nicaragua Can Enter Costa Rica During Coronavirus?
- HOW CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES CAN ENTER COSTA RICA DURING CORONAVIRUS?
- Does Costa Rica have travel restrictions?
- What you should know about the Costa Rica Travel Quarantine
- Should I get Costa Rica Travel Insurance for Covid-19?
- KNOW MORE ABOUT HOW CITIZENS OF CANADA CAN ENTER COSTA RICA DURING CORONAVIRUS
- LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW CITIZENS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM CAN ENTER COSTA RICA DURING CORONAVIRUS
- ALL ABOUT COSTA RICA TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS - COVID
- WHAT SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT COSTA RICA TRAVEL MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS?
- Costa Rica visa policy