Learn More: Tourist Visa
Required Documents to Apply
A small country developing nation in West Africa, Ghana is not widely known as a tourist hotspot, but perhaps it should be. They have a rich and tragic history, excellent cuisine, and the scenery is sure to put a smile on your face. Volta Lake is beautiful, but let’s not forget that Ghana has gorgeous coastline perfect for lounging in the sun with a drink.
Before you head off to Ghana, you need to find out whether or not you need a visa to cross the border. According to Ghana’s visa policy, citizens of 21 countries and territories are visa-exempt and can stay in Ghana for up to 90 days. Visas on arrival are also available for the citizens of the African Union, excluding Morocco. All the other nationalities in the world are required to obtain a visa at the embassy.
To learn which type of document you are eligible for, we recommend that you use iVisa’s Visa Checker Tool. Simply click on the button located in the top right corner of this page, select your nationality from the drag-down menu and choose Ghana as your destination. If you do not need a visa, you are free to start planning your trip. If you do need a visa, you will be given a list of the embassies you can use to apply in-person. It is as simple as that.
While Ghana introduced electronic visas in 2018, iVisa does not currently process Ghana visa applications. Hopefully in the future we will add Ghana as a supported country. In the meantime, we would like to help with some information that you may need. That is why our support service is at your disposal 24/7 and is free of charge.
If you need a visa, before going to the embassy to apply for your visa you should read about the specific requirements. Although can do that online, we recommend that you contact the embassy itself as it is the most reliable source of information. Private websites are not always up-to-date, leading to crucial errors. Just give the embassy a call to learn more. Nevertheless, what iVisa can tell you is that you need a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond your intended date of arrival in Ghana. For further information, contact the nearest embassy of Ghana.
We regret that we cannot provide more assistance in processing your visa, but we hope that you find the information above useful.
Was this page helpful?
Our customers have great stories about us
Is iVisa.com a legitimate company?
Our Company is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and has a validated IATA Agency Code. If you want to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Remember that the customer service team at iVisa.com is here 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about our service.
Where can I read more?
- Ghana Health Declaration Form is not working
- How can citizens of Ghana enter Ghana during coronavirus?
- ALL ABOUT HOW CITIZENS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM CAN ENTER GHANA DURING CORONAVIRUS
- Do I need a covid test for Ghana?
- ALL ABOUT GHANA TRAVEL QUARANTINE
- WHAT ARE GHANA TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS DURING COVID-19?
- WHAT ARE GHANA TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS COVID 19?
- CHECK REQUIREMENTS FOR HOW CITIZENS OF NIGERIA CAN ENTER GHANA DURING CORONAVIRUS
- IS GHANA BORDER OPEN FOR TRAVEL?
- Ghana Vaccination Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Ghana?
- CHECK REQUIREMENTS FOR COVID TEST FOR GHANA TRAVEL
- LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW CITIZENS OF CANADA CAN ENTER GHANA DURING CORONAVIRUS
- LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW CITIZENS OF COTE D´IVOIRE CAN ENTER GHANA DURING CORONAVIRUS
- LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES CAN ENTER GHANA DURING CORONAVIRUS
- Ghana Visa Policy: Explore More