As a citizen of Iran, you are given a chance to apply for a Kenya visa online. Since you are eligible for an electronic visa, you are no longer required to pay a visit to the Kenyan embassy when you travel to Kenya for tourism purposes. With iVisa, the travel document you need can be in your e-mail inbox in just a couple of hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Iran – requirements
The first thing you have to do is to make sure that the requirements are met. However, rest assured that you should not experience any difficulties in acquiring what is necessary for a successful application process. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – you cannot go through the online application process if you do not have a valid passport. Kenya’s visa policy also requires that the document has at least another 6 months of validity at the time of your arrival.
- A copy of your passport’s info page – you need to scan it and upload when iVisa asks that of you.
- Digital photo of yourself – you need to ensure that the picture follows all the guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Return flight ticket – this serves as proof that you will return to your home country before your Kenya visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from friends/family will suffice.
- Travel itinerary – make sure to include the cities you are planning to visit.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the electronic visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes multiple methods of payment so that you can use the one that is most convenient for you. You can pay with a credit/debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat will work as well.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Iran – the online application form
As you can imagine, after you put together all the necessary documents and information, you are ready to go ahead and fill in the application form. You should not find it difficult, but if you have trouble, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. It is available 24/7 and free of charge.
There are three steps you need to go through. The first one wants you to provide general information about yourself and your trip, but you are also required to select a processing time for your application. Keep in mind that the cost of your Kenya visa depends on the decision you make. Here are your options:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the least expensive. Your application is processed within 5 business days, and you have to pay $88.
- Rush processing – if you want things to move a bit faster, you can opt for this one. You receive your Kenya visa within 2 business days, and you are charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – this is the most expensive option you can select. However, you receive your travel document within just 2 hours. The fee, however, is $153.
Reaching step number two, this is the time for you to make the payment and review your form so that no mistakes are overlooked. Remember that a simple typo can invalidate your visa. Finally, step number three requires you to upload a few documents. As soon as you do that, feel free to submit your application and iVisa will handle the rest.
The bottom line is that the citizens of Iran have an easy time obtaining a Kenya visa. Especially if you apply with iVisa. The Kenya e-visa is valid for 90 days since issue, it allows you to go to Kenya once and you can stay there for up to 3 months.