The citizens of the Federated States of Micronesia, like most nationalities, have access to an electronic visa when it comes to traveling to Kenya for tourism purposes. As a result, you do not have to go to an embassy to get your travel document, but you can apply for a Kenya visa online using the services rendered by iVisa. The e-visa can be yours in just 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Micronesia – the requirements
One of the first things you need to do before you start the online application process is to make sure that you have at hand everything necessary. However, you will see that the required documents and information are easy to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – you cannot go through the online application process if you do not have a valid passport. Kenya’s visa policy also requires that the document has at least another 6 months of validity at the time of your arrival.
- A copy of your passport’s info page – you need to scan it and upload when iVisa asks that of you.
- Digital photo of yourself – you need to ensure that the picture follows all the guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Return flight ticket – this serves as proof that you will return to your home country before your Kenya visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from friends/family will suffice.
- Travel itinerary – make sure to include the cities you are planning to visit.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the electronic visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes multiple methods of payment so that you can use the one that is most convenient for you. You can pay with a credit/debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat will work as well.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Micronesia – the online application form
After you take care of the requirements, you can go ahead and [fill in the application form]. You should not have any issues along the way, but if you need assistance or have questions, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service can be reached via online chat or phone 24/7, and it is entirely free of charge.
As you will notice, iVisa divided the form into three more manageable parts. The first part handles general information and processing time. Regarding the latter, you will be asked to make a choice that determines the cost of your Kenya visa. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the least expensive. Your application is processed within 5 business days, and you have to pay $88.
- Rush processing – if you want things to move a bit faster, you can opt for this one. You receive your Kenya visa within 2 business days, and you are charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – this is the most expensive option you can select. However, you receive your travel document within just 2 hours. The fee, however, is $153.
The second part requires you to cover the payment, but you have to review your form as well. It is crucial that you do not submit incorrect information. Otherwise, you receive an invalid visa and you have to apply for a new one.
Finally, the third part will ask you to upload the documents that support your application. When that is done as well, you can click on the submit button and iVisa will deliver the e-visa in the agreed timeframe.
Needless to say, the process of obtaining a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Micronesia is incredibly easy and implies minimal effort. The Kenya e-visa maintains its validity for 3 months since the date of issue, it grants a single entry, and you are allowed to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days.