The citizens of Panama are among the many nationalities that are not required to obtain a tourist visa when spending their vacation in Mexico. However, you do need to buy a Mexico tourist card, also known as a Forma Migratoria Multiple. The document can be purchased from the airline you are traveling with or on arrival, but iVisa gives you the possibility to apply online before departure. That way, you can have it at the ready in just 30 minutes.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Panama – requirements
One of the first things you need to do when you want to start the online application process is to make sure that you have everything necessary at your disposal. However, you do not need much for a Mexico tourist card. Only the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot obtain a Forma Migratoria Multiple unless you hold a passport. Plus, the visa policy of Mexico requires that the passport should be valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Mexico.
- Flight ticket – remember that this requirement applies only to tourists who decide to travel by air. The flight number is what matters. People who travel by car do not need a substitute document.
- E-mail address – as you can imagine, when you apply online for your tourist card, the document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You must remember to print it out before departure. We recommend more than one physical copy. Also, just in case your FMM gets lost or stolen, make sure to have the FMM number written down somewhere.
- Means of payment – when you apply online, the payment must be made online too. As to that, iVisa is pretty flexible. You can pay using a credit or a debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable.
Mexico Visa for the citizens of Panama – processing time and fees
The cost of a Mexico tourist card is determined by your chosen means of travel and by the processing time you select for your application. When it comes to the latter, iVisa gives you three options so that you can pick the one that works best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the most commonly chosen option because it is the cheapest. Your application is processed within 24 hours, and you are charged only $20.
- Rush processing – if you wish for faster processing, you can select this one. It takes 6 hours for your Mexico tourist card to arrive, and the fee is $40.
- Super Rush processing – this time, your application is processed within just 30 minutes, but the fee gets a bit higher. You will be charged $60.
Remember that when you travel by car, the price of your Mexico tourist card differs. You will spend an additional $29 for each processing time.
The online application form
After the requirements are met, you can proceed to handle the application form. It is an easy task to complete, but iVisa offers 24/7 customer support in case you need some help. The service is entirely free of charge.
The form you have to fill in is broken down into three steps. The first one asks for your personal information, but this is also the point at which you must select a processing time for your application and mention your means of travel. The second step consists of payment and review, and the third wants you to upload the documents that support your application. When you finish all the steps, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa will take it from there.
The bottom line is that the online process of getting a Mexico tourist card is almost effortless. iVisa handles all the bureaucracy. The card can be used for a single entry, and it has a validity period of 180 days since your arrival in Mexico.