Get Your Spain Travel Health Form and COVID-19 Vaccination Passport Online Now!
Learn More: Health Control Form
Last updated: September 2022
Since September 20th, 2022, the Spain Health Control Form is no longer necessary to enter the country.
Spain is a country that reflects a passionate, sophisticated, and colorful lifestyle. This country incorporates a blend of diverse cultures, from Arabic roots to Mediterranean influences. Discover many unforgettable experiences while visiting Spain.
But before you go, local authorities in Spain may require you to fill out the Spain Travel Health Form. You can find out here if you are one of the travelers who must fill out the form before you are granted entry into Spain.
To apply for this document, you’ll have to provide information about yourself, your health status, and details about your intended stay in Spain. In addition, you need a confirmed flight ticket to complete the form.
You can fill out the application form on iVisa.com days or weeks in advance of your trip and our agents will hold the form on file, safely scheduled to apply two days before your arrival in Spain as per government requirements. Our team will assist you throughout the process.
What is the Spain Health Control Form?
The Spain Health Control Form (SpTH app) was introduced for travelers entering Spain from July 1, 2020. The Health Declaration was designed with the purpose of reducing the spread of coronavirus among Spanish citizens and visitors.
Please note that the Health Declaration does not replace a visa. In case visitors from your country require a visa as well, immigration officers will ask for one upon arrival in Spain. Please contact your local Spanish embassy if you need a visa.
Apply for the online health control form today. After you get approved for your Spain Travel Health Control Form, you will receive a QR code, which you will have to present (on paper or via your mobile phone) to local authorities.
Who is eligible to apply for the online Health Control Form?
If you do not have the EU Digital COVID Certificate or EU equivalent, you must fill in the Health Control Form before your flight to Spain.
If you do no have proof of a COVID vaccine you must also fill out the form and will be asked for proof of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours, a Rapid antigen test taken within 24 hours or a medical certificate or proof of recovery. This requires you to enter the data of your COVID vaccination, recovery, or diagnostic test certificate. All passengers under the age of 12 are exempt
If you do have an EU-recognized digital COVID certificate or EU equivalent you DO NOT need to fill out the Health control form but will be asked to show your certificate on entry to Spain.
Find more information about COVID-19 requirements below.
How long is the Spain Health Control Form valid for?
As this is a Single Entry document, you must submit a new form every time you travel to Spain.
What are the requirements and documents needed for the Spain Health Control Form?
You are required to provide the following details to obtain the Spain travel health form:
Personal details on your valid passport (if applicable). Your passport must be valid for at least 90 days after arrival in Spain.
Personal details on your national ID card (if applicable)
Negative pre-departure PCR COVID-19 test result (if applicable).
It is important to bear in mind that this form is not a substitute for a visa, so depending on your nationality, you might still need to obtain a visa when traveling to Spain.
Do I need a Spain Health Control Form if I’m transiting through the country?
No, only if you fly to Spain and enter the country, is it mandatory to fill out the Spain Health Control Form, regardless of your nationality, age, or any other consideration. International transit passengers are exempt from this requirement. If you are leaving the airport, apply for your Spain Health Control Form with us before your trip in order to avoid any issues.
How do I apply for the Spain Travel Health Control Form online?
To apply for this travel document, you must complete this 3-step online process:
- Step 1: Fill out the online request form and choose your preferred processing time.
- Step 2: Review the information to correct any mistakes and pay for the service fees with a debit or credit card.
- Step 3: Upload any documents or items required and click on ‘submit’ once you’re ready to complete the application process.
Keep an eye on your email inbox, where you’ll receive your Spain Travel Health Control Form.
What are the costs and processing time of the SPTH Health Control Form?
The costs vary depending on the processing speed you choose. These are your options:
- Standard Processing: The standard processing option takes 24 hours for a fee of USD $23.99.
- Rush Processing: This option is a little quicker, for a fee of USD $43.99 you’ll get your health form in 4 hours.
- Super Rush Processing: If you need the form urgently, this option takes only 30 minutes for a service fee of USD $73.99.
Traveling to Spain with minors
All travelers aged 12 and older entering Spain without a recognised EU digital COVID certificate or proof of vaccine, or must obtain and fill out an SPTH Health Control Form. No certificate or SPTH app QR code is required for children under 12, European citizens, or passengers in international transit.
View a sample of the Spain Travel Health Control Form
COVID-19 requirements or restrictions in Spain
It is important for all travelers to follow the advice of the local authorities on how best to protect themselves and others. This includes any measures the authorities may introduce to control the virus. For more information, please read below.
Do I need a COVID-19 test or vaccination certificate to enter Spain?
If you are traveling to Spain and are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, you must show valid proof of one of the following on entry:
Negative COVID-19 PCR test result taken within 72 hours.
Rapid antigen test within 24 hours.
Medical certificate or recovery record to prove your COVID-19 status on entry to Spain.
Children under 12 years old, fully vaccinated travelers with a valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate, and visitors from EU/Schengen countries are exempt from showing a negative COVID-19 test before arrival. There are no quarantine requirements upon arrival in Spain.
WHO-approved vaccines are accepted. You are considered vaccinated if all doses of a vaccine against SARS-Cov-2 have been administered for at least two weeks before traveling. Vaccination certificates are currently valid for 270 days after receiving the final dose, a booster dose cancels this expiration date.
What else should I keep in mind before traveling to Spain?
Here’s some more information that might help you plan your trip to Spain.
All visas and travel documents for Spain
Here is a list of travel documents for Spain available on iVisa.com:
The Schengen visa is a short-stay visa required for nationalities who are not eligible for visa-free travel in the 26 member countries of the Schengen area. Holders of the Schengen visa are allowed to travel throughout the Schengen zone for up to 90 days within a 180-day period.
The ETIAS on the other hand is a permit required by the Spanish authorities for foreigners that are visa-exempt for entering the Schengen area. It is similar to the ESTA form in the United States.
Where can I learn more?
iVisa.com have been in the business of processing visa applications for many years, and we work hard to deliver top-notch service. We strive to make the application process for visas quick and easy.
Required Documents to Apply
Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
Citizenship Certificate (if applicable)
Negative pre-departure PCR COVID-19 test result (if applicable)
All travelers aged 12 and older entering Spain must have a Spain Health Control Form (SpTH App). It DOES NOT replace a visa. Some nationalities will require a paper visa. In that case, we suggest you contact your local Spanish embassy.
Each eligible traveler will receive a unique QR code once the Health Declaration has been successfully processed. The QR code is non-transferable.
We can only submit the form to the government on your behalf 48 hours before your arrival time.
You will be required to show the authorities the QR code that is issued to you when you arrive at the airport, in line with current Spanish health regulations.
It is highly recommended that you bring a hard copy of your form and the associated QR code to the airport as well as an electronic copy (smartphone, tablet).
Was this page helpful?
Our customers have great stories about us
Is iVisa.com a legitimate company?
Our Company is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and has a validated IATA Agency Code. If you want to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Remember that the customer service team at iVisa.com is here 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about our service.
Why buy a COVID-19 self-testing kit? (US residents only)
The eMed self-test COVID-19 kit includes 6 rapid antigen tests that meet major US airline's entry requirements- perfect for travelers on round-trip journeys from the United States!
Order your test kit before your trip and it will be delivered to your home address for easy testing, anywhere, anytime. The Certified Guide will help you get results in 15 minutes on the NAVICA app. Get the eMed self-test COVID-19 kit for $150- that’s only $25 per test.
Do I need a printed copy of the Spain Health Control Form?
Where can I find more information?
Can I get this form for free?
Learn more about Spain Health Control Form
Where can I read more?
- Travel insurance for the Spain Schengen Visa
- How Can Citizens of Italy Enter Spain During Coronavirus?
- Spain digital COVID certificate
- PCR Testing Barcelona, Spain: All You Need to Know
- PCR Testing Madrid, Spain
- What vaccinations are required for Spain?
- Vaccination Passport for Spain
- Golden Visa Spain: Requirements & How to Get One
- How can citizens of Austria enter Spain during coronavirus
- How can citizens of Switzerland enter Spain during coronavirus?
- How can citizens of Sweden enter Spain during coronavirus?
- How can citizens of the United States enter Spain during coronavirus?
- Spain Vaccine Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Spain?
- What is the Spain Health Control Form (FCS) Process
- Who Must Fill Out Spain’s Health Control Form During Coronavirus?
- How Can Citizens of Ireland Enter Spain During Coronavirus?
- How Can Citizens of the United Kingdom Enter Spain During Coronavirus?
- How Citizens of France Can Enter Spain During Coronavirus?
- How Can Citizens of Germany Enter Spain During Coronavirus?
- What countries can enter Spain during COVID-19?
- This is what you need to get the Spain 14 day quarantine requirement
- Learn All About Pamplona Activities and How to Visit Spain Safely
- Spain Health Control Form is not working
- When is Pamplona Running of the Bulls?
- Tomatina Ticket Price: How Much Money Do I Really Need?
- Tomatina Festival Date: All You Need To Know
- Where is the Tomatina festival location and how to visit Spain?
- Exigences de vaccination en Espagne
- Spain ETIAS for US Citizens
- Easy and Painless Way to Get a Spain Visa Extension
- Spain (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of China with Ease
- Spain (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of RUSSIA: faster route
- Read about the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Mauritius
- What is the process to get myself a Spain ETIAS authorization as a Citizen of Brazil?
- What is the best way to get the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Australia?
- Spain Schengen Visa Validity
- Can I enter Spain with a Schengen Visa?
- Spain (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Nigeria
- Spain (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Dominican Republic
- Spain (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Haiti
- Spain schengen visa requirements
- Spain Schengen Visa Cost
- Spain (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Afghanistan
- Spain (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of India
- Spain (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Pakistan
- Does the Spain ETIAS offer different entries?
- Crucial Details about the Spain ETIAS Validity
- Travel Worry-free and make use of the low prices of Spain ETIAS cost
- What should you know about the Spain ETIAS Requirements?
- Essential Details on the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Vanuatu
- Important Facts about the Spain ETIAS for citizens of Uruguay
- Can the Citizens of the United Arab Emirates apply for the Spain ETIAS?
- What is the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Ukraine?
- Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Tuvalu
- How to obtain the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Trinidad and Tobago?
- Learn more about the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Tonga
- How to attain the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Timor?
- What is the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Taiwan?
- How can I get the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of South Korea?
- Learn more about the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Solomon Islands
- What is Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Singapore?
- Read about the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Seychelles
- Can Citizens of Serbia apply for Spain ETIAS?
- Learn more about Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Samoa
- What is the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Saint Vincent?
- Spain ETIAS requirements for Citizens of Saint Kitts and Nevis
- What is the Spain ETIAS application for Citizens of Peru?
- Learn more about Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Paraguay
- Read about the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Panama
- Can Citizens of Palau apply for Spain ETIAS?
- Requirements for Citizens of Macedonia applying for Spain ETIAS
- What is the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Nicaragua?
- Explore the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of New Zealand
- Find out more about the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Nauru
- Check the Spain ETIAS requirements for Citizens of Montenegro
- Can Citizens of Moldova apply for Spain ETIAS?
- What is the Spain ETIAS application for Citizens of Micronesia?
- Learn more about Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Mexico
- Explore the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of the Marshall Islands
- Easy application process of the Spain ETIAS for citizens of Malaysia
- Practical tips about the Spain ETIAS for citizens of Macao
- Essential Spain ETIAS requirements for citizens of Kiribati
- Easy way to get the Spain ETIAS for citizens of Japan
- How to get the Spain ETIAS for citizens of Israel
- How to get the Spain ETIAS for citizens of Hong Kong
- Useful tips about the Spain ETIAS for citizens of Honduras
- How to get the Spain ETIAS for citizens of Guatemala
- Tips on the Spain ETIAS process for citizens of Grenada
- Essential information about the Spain ETIAS process for citizens of Georgia
- Spain ETIAS application steps for citizens of El Salvador
- Application process of the Spain ETIAS for citizens of Dominica
- Main notes about the Spain ETIAS for citizens of Costa Rica
- Basic Spain ETIAS requirements for citizens of Colombia
- Spain ETIAS application steps for citizens of Chile
- What is the Spain ETIAS authorization for Citizens of Canada?
- What does the Spain ETIAS authorization look like for Citizens of Brunei?
- What is the process to obtain a Spain ETIAS authorization for Citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina?
- What does the Spain ETIAS authorization entail for Citizens of Barbados?
- What is the Spain ETIAS authorization process for Citizens of The Bahamas?
- How do I get a Spain ETIAS authorization as a Citizen of Argentina?
- What’s the procedure for the Spain ETIAS authorization for Citizens of Antigua and Barbuda?
- What is the process to get the Spain ETIAS authorization for Citizens of Albania?
- Explore the Spain ETIAS for Citizens of Saint Lucia
- UEFA Euro 2020 Bilbao - Spain Visa