Get Your Schengen Visa Application for Finland Online Now!
Last updated: June 2022
In today’s world, it’s a goal to be able to travel to as many places as possible. Whether for work or for pleasure, it’s always nice to explore new countries and cultures, such as Finland. If you’re looking to visit Finland, then you may need to get a Schengen visa.
The good news is that getting a valid visa for Finland is now easier than ever before. With the iVisa.com online application process, you can apply from the comfort of your own home. All you need is to fill out the online application form and submit it along with the required supporting documents.
What is a Finland Schengen visa?
This travel document is a short-stay visa that allows you to travel to any of the 26 Schengen countries for a period of up to 90 days. If you are looking to visit Finland for tourism or business purposes, you will need to apply for this particular Finland visa. The visa application process is simple and can be done entirely online.
The Schengen countries you can travel to with this visa are: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
Finland's foreign affairs department states that a Schengen visa is valid for travel to all member countries. In addition, it allows you to enter and exit Finland at any of the Schengen member countries’ airports and borders.
Who can apply for a visa for Finland?
To qualify for the Schengen Visa, you must be a citizen of a country that is not a member of the European Union or the European Economic Area. For a full list of nationalities that require the Schengen visa for travel in the Schengen Area, please check out our FAQ section or Visa Widget tool.
How long can I stay in the country with the visa?
The maximum stay on a Finland Schengen visa is 90 days within a 180-day period. This means that you can enter Finland (or any Schengen country) at any time within those 180 days. Once you have arrived in Finland, you can stay there for up to 90 days.
Remember, just because you were granted a visa once, it is not guaranteed that it will be granted one again in the future. Some reasons that your visa application may be rejected are:
- You no longer meet the requirements.
- Your financial situation has changed.
- You have been convicted of a crime.
- You have overstayed your visa in the past.
- You provided false information on your application.
If you want to stay in Finland for longer than 90 days, you will need to apply for a long-stay visa, residence permit, or citizenship. This is a different process with different requirements. For more information, please check the website of the Finnish mission in your country.
What are the documents needed to complete the visa application form?
To apply for a Finland visa, you will need the following documents:
- A valid passport or other travel documents.
- Two recent passport photographs meeting the requirements specified by the Finnish authorities.
- A completed visa application form.
- A detailed travel itinerary.
- Proof of adequate financial means to support your stay in Finland, in the form of bank statements, payslips, or a letter from your employer.
- Proof of travel insurance that covers medical expenses and repatriation in case of an emergency.
- An invitation letter from a Finnish host (if applicable).
Do I need a visa if I’m transiting through Finland?
If you are transiting through Finland and do not plan to leave the airport, you may not need a visa. However, this varies per nationality. Please check with your nearest Finnish embassy if your nationality is eligible for a transit visa.
How do I apply for a Finland visa online?
You will be able to apply for the Finnish Schengen visa through iVisa.com soon. The entire visa application process is digital.
There are many benefits to applying for your Finland visa online. For example, you can apply from anywhere in the world, it’s fast and convenient, you will receive real-time updates on the status of your application, you can upload all the required documents electronically and pay the visa fee online with a credit or debit card.
The iVisa.com online application process is simple and straightforward:
- First, fill out the personal information section. This section includes details such as your name, date of birth, passport information, and contact number.
- Second, choose your preferred processing time and pay for the service fee with a debit or credit card.
- Third, upload any required documents. Check all information carefully and make sure there are no spelling mistakes before you submit your visa application.
Once your travel document is approved, it will be sent to your email address. It is recommended that you print this to show to airport officials upon arrival in Finland.
What are the costs and processing times of the Finland visa?
There are a few different options to choose from, depending on your time and budget:
- Standard Processing Time: This option is ideal for travelers whose departure date is far in the future.
- Rush Processing Time: You will receive your travel document faster than the standard option for an additional fee.
- Super Rush Processing Time: If you need the document urgently before travel, you can use this express option for an extra service fee.
Traveling to a Schengen country with minors
Any children traveling with you must have their own passports and Schengen visa.
There are a few other things to keep in mind when traveling with minors:
- All children must have their own travel insurance policy.
- If you’re traveling with an infant, a child who is not your own, or a child who has a different last name than you, you’ll need to have a notarized letter of consent from the child’s (other) parent or legal guardian.
COVID-19 requirements or restrictions
Restrictions on entry at Finland’s external borders and airport will end on 30 June 2022. From that moment on, EU visitors, Schengen visa holders, and travelers from other countries are no longer required to show a vaccination or COVID-19 test certificate. Travelers are advised to exercise normal precautions.
Where can I learn more?
If you would like to learn more about the visa application process or entry requirement, contact the iVisa.com customer support team at any time via email at [email protected] or online chat.
- Discovering Finland With a Schengen Visa For Citizens of India
- Want to travel to Finland? As a Citizen of Haiti you should read this information about Schengen Visas
- Finland Schengen Visa for Citizens of Ecuador
- Finland Schengen Visa for Citizens of Djibouti
- Finland Visa Policy: Check Requirements
- Näin hankit Suomen digitaalisen koronavirustodistuksen
- Finland Digital COVID Certificate: All About It
- How can I get a Finland Visa Extension?
- What should you know about the Finland ETIAS for Citizens of Ukraine?
- Detailed analysis on the Finland ETIAS Requirements
- See All