Get Your Schengen Visa Application for Hungary Online Now!
Hungary is a stunning country in Central Europe that is a popular tourist destination for many. Though the country is landlocked, it is known for its famous Danube River, as well as the attractions and history of its capital city, Budapest. Whether you are going to Hungary for business travel or pleasure, you won’t want to miss visiting some of its most beautiful cultural sites.
Traveling involves many documents, and it can be a challenge to learn which ones you’ll need! If you plan on visiting Hungary soon, you may need to obtain a Hungarian Schengen visa. Our services can help you connect with representatives to make this process as smooth as possible. To get started, check out our Hungary visa application form.
What is a Schengen Visa?
A Schengen visa is a tourist visa that applies for visitors to countries within the Schengen states. This region is a collection of 26 countries in the European Union that operate without border control along their shared lines, meaning you can use the same visa to travel there.
The entire Schengen area includes the following European countries:
Austria, Belgium. The Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
If you are traveling to Hungary, you may need a Hungary Schengen visa.
Who Needs to Apply For a Hungary Visa?
People from a member state in the Schengen zone do not need a Hungary visa application and may travel to Hungary without a visa.
Some countries, including the United States, have non-visa travel agreements. That means you do not need a visa if you are a citizen of one of these countries and staying for a maximum period of 90 days.
Countries Whose Citizens Are Required to Obtain a Schengen Visa
If you are a national of one of the countries listed below, you are required to obtain a Schengen visa before traveling to any of the Schengen States, including Hungary.
|Cambodia||Cameroon||Cape Verde||Central African Republic||Chad|
|Democratic Republic of the Congo||Djibouti||Dominican Republic||Ecuador||Egypt|
|Nigeria||North Korea||Northern Marianas||Oman||Pakistan|
|Papua New Guinea||Palestinian Authority||Philippines||Qatar||Russia|
|Rwanda||Sao Tome and Principe||Saudi Arabia||Senegal||Sierra Leone|
|Somalia||South Africa||South Sudan||Sri Lanka||Sudan|
How Long Can I Stay in Hungary With a Schengen Visa?
A basic Hungary visa is valid for up to 90 days, at which point the visitor is required to leave the country. This is called a Category C Schengen visa, and it is a basic tourist visa that is intended for short personal visits, work-study programs, and tourism.
Do I Need a Schengen Visa if I am Just Passing Through Hungary?
Most of the time, you do not need to obtain a Hungarian visa if you are simply transiting through Hungary. However, there are a few exceptions. If you are a national of one of the countries listed below, you will need to get your Schengen visa even if you are just passing through the Schengen Area in the airport.
|Afghanistan||Bangladesh||Democratic Republic of the Congo||Eritrea|
However, it’s worth noting that there are many exceptions to these laws. If you have any questions about the requirements for your case or country, feel free to contact us.
What Are The Visa Requirements?
As with any visa, there are additional documents that are required in order to be issued a Hungary visa. Here is what you will need to apply for your Hungary visa application.
- Visa Application Form — When you visit the Hungarian Embassy or inquire online, you will first be issued a visa application form. This needs to be filled out completely with all your information.
- Two Passport style Photos — A visa application requires applicants to submit two photos taken within the last three months. - You can use our passport photo service to obtain them quickly if you need to.
- Passport — Your passport must be valid, meaning it was issued within the last 10 years and is not due for expiration within three months of your leaving the country. Your passport must also have at least two blank pages available. This is where your visa sticker will be placed.
- Trip Itinerary — This provides proof that your stay will be less than 90 days. You can usually show this by including a copy of your flight information, hotel accommodations, and other trip details.
- Travel medical insurance — Travelers are required to have travel health insurance to receive a Schengen visa, with a minimum coverage of €30,000 for emergency medical treatment.
- Proof of accommodation — You must show where you will be staying, whether that be a hotel, student home, with friends, or other accommodations.
- Financial statement — You must provide a bank statement showing that you have the funds to support yourself while staying in the Schengen Area. You can prove this with a bank statement showing your specified monthly income.
- Proof of employment or enrollment — You can prove employment with a letter from your employer, business license, or with your income tax return. Students will need to provide an enrollment letter from their school or work program.
- Birth certificate — Applicants who are minors must provide their birth certificate along with written consent from their parents.
How do I Apply Online for the Hungary visa?
We know that forms and paperwork can get time-consuming and tedious, that’s why iVisa.com has created a quick process that should take no more than 20 minutes to complete. Once this visa is available, all you have to do is follow these steps:
- Step 1: First, fill out all the necessary information in the application process. Then, select the processing time.
- Step 2: Review your information and verify that everything is correct. If everything is as it should be, proceed to choose the preferred processing time and payment method.
- Step 3: Finally, scan the documents required, click the ‘submit’ button and keep an eye on your inbox for the final document.
Once your visa is approved, it won't take long before you receive a confirmation email. Please check your SPAM folder if you have any issues finding it.
What are the Costs and Processing Time for a Hungary Visa?
Based on the needs of our clients, we offer three processing options, each with a different time frame. These are as follows:
- Standard Processing: This is the standard option that allows you to obtain your document in the most affordable way possible. This is an excellent option if you are not in a hurry to obtain your document.
- Rush Processing: With this alternative, you can get your Swiss Schengen visa very quickly for an extra fee. It is an excellent option if you are in a hurry.
- Super Rush Processing: This is the fastest option and is recommended if you are traveling on short notice and need your travel document quickly.
Traveling With Minors
If you are traveling through Schengen countries with a minor, they will need to present their own visa. (This is assuming that the issuing country of the minor's passport is not exempt from visa requirements.)
COVID-19 Requirements for Traveling to Hungary
As of March 2022, all COVID-19 travel restrictions in Hungary have been lifted. Visitors are no longer required to provide proof of immunity or vaccination, nor are they required to quarantine or provide a negative COVID test.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do US Citizens Need to Apply for a Hungary Visa?
US citizens do not need a Hungarian visa to visit Hungary if they are planning to stay for 90 days or less. However, you do need to have a valid US passport and a stamp upon entry into the Schengen Area.
Do I Need a Hungary Schengen Visa if I am a Student?
If you are an international student pursuing an educational program in a Schengen State, you will need to apply for a student visa no matter where you are from. This is because Schengen visas only apply to stays that are shorter than 90 days, which is unlikely to be the case for a student. There are of course exceptions, and you may use a Category C Schengen visa if your study program is shorter than three months in duration.
Where Can I Learn More?
If you have more questions that haven’t been answered in this article, please reach out to our customer support team and they will be happy to assist you. You can also send us an email at [email protected].
- Hungary digital COVID Certificate
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Japan
- What is the validity of the Hungary ETIAS?
- Hungary visa policy
- Hogyan lehet megszerezni a magyar digitális COVID védettségi igazolványt
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Seychelles: How to apply
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Serbia
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Saint Vincent
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Saint Lucia: Obtain your ETIAS
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Saint Kitts and Nevis: Get one
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Peru: Applying for the ETIAS
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Panama: How to get your ETIAS
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Palau: Get your info with us
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Macedonia: How to get yours
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Nicaragua: Obtain your ETIAS
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Nauru: The new authorization
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Montenegro
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Moldova
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Mauritius
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of the Marshall Islands
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Malaysia
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Samoa
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Paraguay: Learn what you need
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of New Zealand: Mandatory by 2023
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Micronesia
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Macao
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Tonga: New Travel Permit
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of East Timor
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Taiwan
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Solomon Islands
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Singapore
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Vanuatu: Related information
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Uruguay
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of United States of America
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Tuvalu: Instructions
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Trinidad and Tobago: Requirements
- Hungary (Schengen) Visa for citizens of Russia
- Hungary (Schengen) Visa for citizens of China
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Israel
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Hong Kong
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Honduras
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Grenada
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Georgia
- Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Dominica
- Read this before applying for the Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Ukraine
- Hungary (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Pakistan: Read about Hungary (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Pakistan
- Hungary (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of NIGERIA: Hungary (Schengen) Visa requirements for Citizens of Nigeria
- Hungary (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of India: Learn more about Hungary (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of India
- How to apply for the Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Chile
- Hungary (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Afghanistan: Read about Hungary (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Afghanistan
- How much is a Schengen Visa for Hungary?
- Hungary Schengen Visa Multiple Entry: The multiple entry benefits with the Hungary Schengen Visa
- Is Hungary included in Schengen Visa?
- Hungary Schengen visa requirements: What are the requirements for the Hungary Schengen visa?
- Hungary Schengen Visa processing time: What is the Hungary Schengen Visa processing time?
- Does the Hungary ETIAS have Multiple Entry?
- What is the Hungary ETIAS Cost?
- What are the Hungary ETIAS Requirements?
- Important information about the Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of United Arab Emirates
- Where can I get the Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of South Korea?
- Where can I get the Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Mexico?
- Get your Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Guatemala by reading this information
- How can I apply for the Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Costa Rica?
- How can I apply for the Hungary ETIAS for Citizens of Colombia?
- GET YOUR HUNGARY ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF CANADA FAST AND EASY
- CHECK REQUIREMENTS FOR HUNGARY ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF BRUNEI
- HOW CAN I APPLY FOR HUNGARY ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF BRAZIL?
- LEARN MORE ABOUT HUNGARY ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
- HOW TO GET HUNGARY ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF BARBADOS
- GET YOUR HUNGARY ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF BAHAMAS FAST AND EASY
- CHECK REQUIREMENTS FOR HUNGARY ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF AUSTRALIA
- HOW CAN I APPLY FOR HUNGARY ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF ARGENTINA?
- LEARN MORE ABOUT HUNGARY ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
- EVERYTHING ABOUT HUNGARY ETIAS FOR THE CITIZENS OF ALBANIA
- UEFA Euro 2020 Budapest - Hungary Visa