As a US citizen do you need a visa to go to Australia? Although there’s no specific Australia Visa for US Citizens, yes, Americans still have to get an ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) as part of the Australia Visa requirements. In other words, if you have a US Passport, you should fill out an Australian Visa application form and apply for an ETA to enter Australia. iVisa.com can help you with this and provides an entirely online service.
The ETA document will be delivered to your email and is easily obtained through our online platform. It’s not expensive, and it won’t take much of your time in comparison to a paper visa. As an American, you have it easy when applying for your travel visa to Australia, so we recommend you check the information below to see exactly how to get an Australia Visa and exactly what you need to apply for it.
In this article, you’ll learn about the Visa requirements for Australia and what other documents you may need to visit Australia, especially during the coronavirus pandemic. If you feel ready you can simply click the button below to start your process and apply for the Australian Visa.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS A TRAVEL VISA AUSTRALIA AND WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO GET ONE?
According to the visa requirements for Australia, with your US passport you don’t need to apply for a specific Australia Visa for US Citizens, what you need is an Australia ETA, which is a travel document for visa-free countries. It allows you to visit Australia for a short-term stay, as long as the trip is only for tourism or business (like meetings, for example), but not for paid work or living.
Since the US is under the Australian visa-waiver program, you don’t need anything else to enter this country. However, there’s a short list of items you should have ready while applying for your ETA online:
- Your valid passport- It should be valid for at least 6 months after the proposed date of entry to Australia.
- A valid email address to receive the confirmation and ETA. We may also be in touch with you if we have any further questions regarding your Australian visa application.
- Credit/debit card to pay for our processing fee. See below for fees and processing options.
WHEN SHOULD I APPLY FOR MY AUSTRALIAN ETA?
Getting this document ahead of time can be useful as it can help you to liberate yourself from some of the stress of planning and picking the exact moment to apply for your Travel visa for Australia. However, we also cater for last minute trips and you can get your ETA with iVisa.com within 24 hours of travel, which means you should give the application process at least a day to be completed. That being said, for travelers who are in a rush, we offer processing speeds that are as fast as 1 hour.
All you have to do is comply with the Visa requirements for Australia and begin your application form. See below for all of our processing options available.
Visitors are not allowed to apply for their ETA from Australia. So you will need to complete your application from the USA or any other country outside of Australia to be eligible.
HOW LONG CAN I STAY IN AUSTRALIA WITH THE TRAVEL VISA AUSTRALIA?
Once you get your Electronic Travel Authority granted, you'll be able to see the validity period on your travel visa Australia. This expiration date will either be 1 year after issued, or the expiration date of your passport, whichever is earliest.
For example, if your ETA is approved in June 2018, but your passport expires in February 2019, your ETA won't last for a year. It will expire in February 2019, on the same date as your passport. After your passport or visa expires, you can apply for an ETA again.
In case your visa expires while you're in Australia, you would have to leave the country and apply for a new ETA before returning. You can also contact the immigration office to explore other visa types that might fit your individual circumstances.
We do not recommend staying in Australia beyond your visa validity period, as it might result in fines or future travel restrictions.
HOW TO GET AN AUSTRALIAN VISA WITH IVISA.COM?
It's easy and quick, it shouldn't take you longer than 10 minutes to fill out the Australian Visa application form, as follows:
- Fill in the application form, complying with the visa requirements Australia.
- Upload and attach the items required to support your application.
- Pick your preferred processing time for your application.
- Submit your application once you have checked it thoroughly and finished. Our experts will review the information and inform you if any adjustments need to be made.
- Get ready to receive your ETA via email inbox.
- Print your document if required. It's recommended that you save it in an easily accessible place on your mobile device and print it out if necessary.
HOW MUCH IS A VISA TO AUSTRALIA FROM THE USA?
The cost of an Australian ETA can vary depending on how fast you need the document. For an Australian ETA the Australian Government fee is USD 20.00.
The best part about applying for the ETA online is that you don’t have to spend much money to get the document in your email inbox within a few minutes. You can let us help get your visas required for Australia ready on time so that you can sit back and relax before your trip!
Please be aware that this information can change. These are the 3 options available with us:
- Standard Processing: 24 hours - USD 55.00
- Rush Processing: 4 hours - USD 85.00
- Super Rush Processing: 1 hour - USD 120.00
All of our processing fees include the Government fee.
TRAVEL DECLARATION FORM
As part of the current visa requirements for Australia, all passengers arriving by air will need to complete a Digital Travel Declaration form within 72 hours before their trip. In it, they will include their contact details, their vaccination status, and their travel history for the last 14 days. This document is legally binding and mandatory before entry.
You can apply for this document along with your Australia ETA, it will be offered as an add on when you fill out the Australian visa application. Fees are as follows:
- Standard Processing: 5 days - USD 20.00
- Rush Processing: 3 days - USD 35.00
- Super Rush Processing: 24 hours - USD 60.00
Don’t forget to always check our website and our Visa Australia product page for any updates and the latest FAQS regarding documents needed.
ARE THERE ANY COVID-19 TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT?
The Australian authorities have been taking steps to restore international travel while also protecting the health of the community. In order to enter Australia, all visitors need to carry their COVID-19 vaccine passport or vaccination certificate.
- The accepted vaccines are Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna, Sinovac, Sinopharm, Bharat Biotech, Sputnik V, Novavax, and Johnson & Johnson. At least 7 days must have passed since you completed your full course of vaccination.
If you cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons, you'll have to submit the proper medical certificates upon arrival. Travelers who arrive in Australia without the proper vaccination or medical certificates will risk getting their visas canceled.
- COVID-19 test prior to arrival: Negative PCR or NAAT within 72 hours of departure to Australia or a medical certificate as evidence of a negative Rapid Antigen Test taken under medical supervision within 24 hours before departure.
- Pre-departure COVID-19 test exemptions: Kiribati, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu are exempt from testing requirements.
- COVID-19 test prior to arrival for the Cook Islands, Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Timor-Leste, Wallis, and Futuna: PCR within 96 hours
- COVID test exemptions: Children aged 4 years and younger, and travelers who due to medical reasons cannot get a COVID-19 test. The latter need to present a medical certificate in English.
- Quarantine requirements: Vary depending on the state you visit. We recommend checking the Australian Health Department's website for more information.
It's not necessary for incoming travelers to carry health insurance but it is recommended.
These requirements might change while the coronavirus vaccines continue to be implemented. We suggest you check our website constantly to get more updated information about this topic.
IS IVISA.COM A SAFE WEBSITE?
Yes, our website offers a professional service that will allow you to obtain your ETA within a few hours. Plus, we have amazing customer reviews to back up our claims and solve your doubts!
WHERE DO UNITED STATES CITIZENS FIND MORE INFORMATION?
If you still have several questions related to the visas required for Australia for US Citizens, then we invite you to contact our customer service team, they’ll be ready to help you at any time. You can also check our Australian Visa FAQ page, where you’ll get a lot of useful information related to this topic.
There’s no sport more popular in Australia than surfing, and that shouldn’t surprise you as it is a destination full of crystal-clear beaches and colorfully chilled out cities (a perfect combination for surfers). It might be a remote country, but it does offer everything any traveler might be looking for, including vast landscapes, incredible parks, hundreds of wineries, and vast, winding, coast to coast roads, perfect for a road trip.
One of the most recognizable things about Australia is its Great Barrier Reef, as it is considered one of the most powerful marine reserves sites in the world. It is part of the Coral Sea, near Queensland, and it has around 2,900 individual reefs, with at least 2,300 kilometers of expansion (that’s a lot for being a barrier reef).
This country has many interesting historical and cultural places to explore, and one of the most popular is the Harbor Bridge in Sydney, considered the largest steel arch bridge in the world. If you’re more into a beachy environment, then you should travel just outside of Sydney, especially to the beautiful places like Bondi Beach. By the way, one place you cannot forget to visit when staying in Australia is Uluru, a giant rock, way out into the Australian outback, with a reddish tone that’s considered the “center” of Australia (and for some locals, the center of the world).
Are you ready to visit this amazing country?