As a British passport holder who plans to travel to Australia, you should know that you do not need a visa to enter the country. You must, however, apply for an Australia ETA before departure. Lucky for you, the document is available online, and iVisa can help you get it in just 30 minutes.
What are the requirements?
To apply for an Australia ETA, you need to meet a few requirements. But rest assured that the list is short, and you should have no issues in getting everything you need. In fact, you may already have what you need. iVisa will ask for the following:
- Valid passport – all applicants must have a valid passport. But that is not enough. The passport needs to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Australia.
- Means of online payment – since this is an online application process we are talking about, you will be required to make the payment online. For that, you can use a credit or a debit card, but iVisa accepts PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat as well.
- E-mail address – an Australia ETA is electronically linked to your passport, so you do not need to print out the ETA, but we use e-mail as a means of communication, which is why we ask for an address.
Australia ETA for British passport holders – the application form
One last thing you need to do is to fill in an application form. That should not take you more than 15 minutes, and if you need help with the steps. iVisa has an excellent support service you can contact 24/7. The service is free of charge.
The form you must complete has two simple steps. Step number one requires you to fill in the blanks with your personal information, passport info, and some details about your trip. For example, the reason for travel and arrival date. You are also asked to select a processing time for your application. iVisa gives you three options, but each of them has its own cost. They are as follows:
- Standard processing time – this is the slowest option iVisa puts at your disposal, but do not think that it takes days for your Australia ETA to be ready. In fact, your application is processed within 1 business day. As far as the fee is concerned, you will be charged $20.
- Rush processing time – if you are looking for something faster, this option may be what you want. Your ETA will be ready within just 2 hours, but you will be charged $50.
- Super Rush processing time – the fastest way to get your Australia ETA is if you opt for this processing time. You will get it in just 30 minutes. Of course, it is more expensive as well. It costs $70.
Step number two consists of payment, which you can make using one of the methods mentioned above, and revision. The latter is more essential than you think. You are not allowed to make corrections after your application reaches the processing stage, so you need to make sure that your form does not include any mistakes. Otherwise, you will end up with an invalid Australia ETA. Double-check your form for typos before moving on.
Once the two steps are complete, you can submit your application and wait for iVisa to give you the green light for travel.
As you can see for yourself, an Australian ETA for British passport holders is easy to obtain. The process is short and simple, and iVisa does most of the work. The ETA is valid for 1 year since issue, and it grants you multiple entries. However, you cannot stay in Australia for more than 90 days per entry.