Australia Incoming Passenger Card (IPC)
Learn More: Incoming Passenger Card
Last updated: September 2022
PLEASE NOTE: As of June 2022, you no longer need an Australia Travel Declaration to enter the country. Per the Australian Government, all incoming passengers must instead fill out the Australia Incoming Passenger Card (and obtain a visa, if applicable).
Between the Indian and Pacific Oceans lies Australia, a country that inspires you from the moment you arrive. One of the most exciting places in Australia is the Whitsundays, a set of 74 islands of various shapes and sizes, where exploring the coral reefs is a true wonder. But before you go, you'll need to fill out the Australia Incoming Passenger Card (IPC).
At iVisa, we can help you obtain this travel document to visit Australia and explain all entry requirements for Australia, including the current COVID-19 regulations. Keep reading for more information.
What is the Australia Incoming Passenger Card (IPC)?
The Australian Incoming Passenger Card provides traveler identification and monitors any entry by any passenger into Australia. It must be completed by everyone, including residents of the country.
Since the Australia Travel Declaration has been removed as an entry requirement, the digital passenger declaration doubles as a health status check for non-Australian citizens and a special category fast visa application form for Norfolk Island Permanent Residents.
Who must fill out the Australia Incoming Passenger declaration?
The majority of passengers entering Australia are obliged to submit passenger cards, including international travelers or international students. Migration rules state that those who do not correctly fill out the IPC are subject to penalties. In addition to a fine, entry to Australia may be denied to non-Australian citizens.
The following passengers are required to submit an Australian Incoming Passenger Card:
Citizens and permanent residents of Australia
How long is the Australia Passenger Card valid for?
The Australia Incoming Passenger Card is valid for a single entry into Australia for the duration of your trip. A digital passenger declaration must be completed for each trip to Australia. All visitors must follow these rules.
Travel requirements and required documents for the Australia Incoming Passenger Card
You are required to present the completed card when you arrive at the airport in Australia. The following basic information must be filled out:
Family name, given first names and passport number
Flight number or the name of the (cruise)ship
Address of your accommodation in Australia
If you are planning to reside in Australia for the upcoming 12 months
Any declarations relating to customs and quarantine
How to fill out the Australia Incoming Passenger Card online
You can fill out the IPC online by following the below simple steps. You can receive your document within 24 hours.
Step 1: Click “apply now” on this page and fill out the application questionnaire with your basic data, passport number, airline, flight number, travel history, and emergency contact details. From there, select the processing option that suits you best.
Step 2: Make sure all the information you have entered is correct. Continue to make the payment for the administration fee.
Step 3: You must attach all requested documents (if applicable) and click "Submit" to finish the process.
Check your email inbox for the completed digital document. Please print this and bring it with you on your travels.
What are the costs and processing times of the Australia Incoming Passenger Card?
iVisa offers three alternatives to obtain your travel document. Prices vary based on your chosen option and needs:
Standard Processing Time: For an affordable fee of USD $34.49, you’ll receive your travel document in 24 hours.
Rush Processing Time: If you need your document urgently, choose this option for a fee of USD $59.99.
Super Rush Processing Time: For an express fee of USD $105.99, you’ll receive your document in just 4 hours.
Do I need the Incoming Passenger Card to transit through Australia?
If you have to make a transit stop in Australia, you do not have to fill out the IPC, provided that you will not leave the international transit area. If you leave the transit area and enter Australia, the immigration services will ask you for your Incoming Passenger Card.
Do minors require an Australia Incoming Passenger Card?
Minors also require this travel document to enter Australia according to migration regulations. If you are traveling with a child under 16, the parents must fill out the document on their behalf.
Australia COVID-19 requirements or restrictions
The Australian government has recently eased regulation in relation to COVID-19. Here are all the details.
Australia Digital Passenger declaration
Visitors and residents no longer need to fill out the Australia Travel Declaration with information about their vaccination status. However, make sure to fill out the Australia Incoming Passenger card, which has more to do with customs than health status.
Since information may change quickly, we advise you to follow up on the latest Australia travel updates and/or contact your local embassy.
Do I need to take a COVID-19 test before traveling to Australia?
Australia no longer requires proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test or rapid antigen test to enter the country.
Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine passport or vaccination certificate to enter Australia?
COVID-19 vaccination passports or vaccination certificates are no longer mandatory to enter Australia. You can enter Australia, no matter what your vaccination status is.
Do I need to quarantine when I get to Australia?
You are no longer required to quarantine in a designated COVID-19 hotel or other accommodation upon entry to Australia.
I have more questions about my trip to Australia; who can I contact?
Suppose you have doubts or questions about traveling to Australia or the Australia Incoming Passenger Card. In that case, our expert customer service team will be happy to help you via online chat or email at [email protected]. Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day to assist you.
Required Documents to Apply
The Australia Incoming Passenger Card is NOT a visa and doesn't replace a visa.
Please check the visa requirements for your nationality at the top of this page before planning your trip to Australia.
Please print the completed digital document and bring it with you on your travels.
iVisa.com is a legitimate company and is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). For more information, see the FAQs below.
Was this page helpful?
Our customers have great stories about us
Is iVisa.com a legitimate company?
Our Company is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and has a validated IATA Agency Code. If you want to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Remember that the customer service team at iVisa.com is here 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about our service.
Is the Australia Incoming Passenger Card a Sanitary Certificate?
Yes, since the Australia Travel Declaration has been removed by the government as an entry requirement, the digital passenger declaration doubles as a health status check for non-Australian citizens and a special category fast visa application form for Norfolk Island Permanent Residents.
Can I get the Australia Incoming Passenger Card for free?
At which ports of entry is the Australia Incoming Passenger Card valid?
You can check here at which sea ports the document is valid for entry
The Australia Incoming Passenger Card is valid at all Australian airports on entry to the country.
Where can I read more?
- AUSTRALIA VISA FOR MALAYSIANS
- Australia Agriculture Visa Program: Everything You Need to Know
- Do I need a vaccine to travel to Australia? Discover it!
- AUSTRALIA ETA FOR MALAYSIAN CITIZENS
- How can citizens of Canada enter Australia during coronavirus?
- How Citizens of Singapore can enter Australia during Coronavirus?
- How Citizens of the United States can enter Australia during Coronavirus?
- Vaccination Passport Australia: The Complete Guide
- Australia Covid Quarantine Hotel
- Australia Covid Test
- Australia Covid Travel Restrictions
- How Citizens of China Can Enter Australia During Coronavirus
- Australia Covid Entry Rules
- HOW TO ENTER AUSTRALIA DURING COVID-19 FOR PERMANENT RESIDENTS
- HOW TO ENTER AUSTRALIA DURING COVID-19 FOR NEW ZEALANDERS
- Visa Requirements For Australia from the USA
- Australia Visa Types: Check your alternatives
- Australia ETA Rules: Check them out
- Australia ETA Definition: We can explain it
- Which one do I need? The Australia ETA or visa?
- An easy way to get an ETA or an Australian visa
- Is there an Australian visa for Singapore Citizens?
- Australia ETA cost and fees
- Australia ETA processing time - How long does it take?
- Do I need an Australia ETA or an eVisitor?
- Australia eVisitor Visa processing time and status check
- Is the eVisitor visa for Australia free?
- Australia Visa for Canadian Citizens
- Australia ETA Frequently Asked Questions
- How to apply for an eVisitor visa (Subclass 651) for Australia
- AUSTRALIA VISA FOR UK CITIZENS
- Australia Transit Visa For Indian Citizens
- Australian visa for Swedish citizens
- Australia ETA for Citizens of Germany
- Australia evisitor countries
- Australia ETA validity
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Estonia
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Sweden
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Hungary
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Vatican City
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Norway
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Latvia
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Switzerland
- Australian visa for French citizens
- Australian visa for Swiss citizens
- Australian visa for Irish
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Iceland
- Australian visa for Austrian
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of the Republic of San Marino
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Lithuania
- Australia ETA for the citizens of Hong Kong
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Finland
- Australia ETA for US citizens
- Australian visa for Finnish citizens
- Australia Visa Policy
- Australia ETA for the citizens of the Netherlands
- Do I need a Business ETA for Australia?
- What is an Australia eVisitor Visa (Subclass 651)?
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Belgium
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Croatia
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of the Czech Republic
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of the United Kingdom
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Slovakia
- Australia visa for Monegasques
- Australia visa for Icelanders
- Australia visa for Sammarinese
- AUSTRALIA VISA FOR HONG KONGERS
- AUSTRALIA VISA FOR DUTCH CITIZENS
- Can I get an ETA for Australia online?
- What is an Australia ETA (subclass 601)
- Is the Australia ETA free?
- Australia visa for Liechtenstein
- How to apply for an Australia ETA
- AUSTRALIAN VISA FOR DANISH CITIZENS
- AUSTRALIA E-VISITOR VISA COST
- CAN I GET AN AUSTRALIA VISA EXTENSION?
- Australia visa for Luxembourg
- Essential Australia
- AUSTRALIA TRANSIT VISA FEES
- HOW TO ENTER AUSTRALIA FOR THE ICC T20 WORLD CUP
- AUSTRALIA TRANSIT VISA REQUIREMENTS
- Surfing and enjoying with a Visa to Australia
- AUSTRALIA VISA FOR PORTUGUESE CITIZENS
- Australian visa for Italian citizen
- Australia visa for Japanese
- Australian visa for Spanish citizens
- Australian visa for Greek citizens
- Australia visa for Norwegians
- Australian visa for German passport holder
- AUSTRALIAN VISA FOR BELGIAN CITIZENS
- Australian ETA for British passport holders
- MUST I APPLY FOR AN AUSTRALIAN ETA STRAIGHT AT THE ISSUING AUTHORITY?
- AUSTRALIA VISA FOR MALTESE
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Romania
- AUSTRALIA EVISITOR VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF BULGARIA
- AUSTRALIA ETA RENEWAL - WHEN IS IT NECESSARY?
- How to perform an Australia ETA check
- AUSTRALIA VISA FOR ANDORRANS
- AUSTRALIA VISA FOR SOUTH KOREAN
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of Poland
- Australia eVisitor visa for the citizens of the Netherlands
- Is the Australia eVisitor visa necessary for USA citizens?
- Australia ETA for the citizens of Canada
- Australia ETA for the citizens of Italy
- Australia ETA for the citizens of Singapore
- Is the eVisitor for Australia a multiple entry visa?
- AUSTRALIA VISA GROUP APPLICATION
- AUSTRALIA VISA FOR BRUNEIANS
- Australia eVisitor Frequently Asked Questions (Helpdesk)
- Australia eVisitor visa requirements
- Do I need an ETA or a travel visa for Australia?
- Must I get an ETA or a tourist visa for a trip to Australia?
- Australia ETA for the citizens of UK
- Australia ETA requirements