Starting January 2018, Brazil is starting to issue electronic visas for the citizens of four countries. Canada is one of them, which means that as a Canadian, you can apply for a Brazil evisa. It means that you are no longer required to go to the embassy and apply for a consular visa. The process is entirely online, cheap, and efficient. iVisa will handle all the hard work for you. All you need to do is fill in the online form and wait for your visa to arrive via email in the timeframe of your choosing.
What are the required documents?
iVisa does not ask for much. After all, the purpose is to minimize your effort. You have a list of a few things you need to have, and they are as follows:
A valid passport
A digital copy of your passport – the most important thing is the information page.
A passport photo – it needs to be taken against a white background with your head and shoulders centered on the camera. There should not be reflections, shadows, and glares in the picture, and you should not appear smiling or frowning.
A valid e-mail address – your Brazil e-visa will arrive via e-mail which is why you need to check the spelling of your address. Otherwise, you will not have access to the document.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple means of payments. You can use a credit or a debit card, and since lots of people have a Paypal account, iVisa accepts that as well.
In some cases, the immigration officers may ask for other documents as well, which is why you should be prepared. Although this happens on a case-by-case basis, you should also be able to provide proof of return flights, proof of accommodation (hotel reservation or a letter from a host,) bank statements, a copy of your ID card, or even previous passport copies (if you have any.)
The Application Process
The application form provided by iVisa is quite straightforward. It is broken into three simple steps, and it should take only about 20 minutes to complete. Step number one will ask you to fill in your personal information such as name, date of birth, address, passport info, and so on. You are also required to choose a processing time, but keep in mind that your selection will determine how much you will be charged. iVisa provides three excellent options:
Standard processing time – this is the cheapest option you have at hand, and most people who apply use it. Your application will be processed within 10 business days, and you only have to pay $69.50 or the equivalent in your country’s currency. The price of the visa itself is $44.50, and the rest is a service fee for iVisa.
Rush processing time – if you choose this option, your visa will be ready within 6 business days. As you can expect, you need to pay more for this timeframe. It costs $99.50. The cost of the visa remains the same, but the service fee is higher this time ($55).
- Super Rush processing time – if you want your Brazil eVisa as fast as possible, this is the option you need to choose. Your application will be processed within 4 business days. However, the cost is higher as well. You will be charged a total of $134.50, $44.50 for the visa, and $90 as a service fee.
The second step consists of a simple revision of step one and payment. Last but not least, step number three will ask you to upload additional documents. Once you do that, you submit your application and wait for your visa to arrive. iVisa has a fantastic support service, so if you find the process challenging (not likely), you can give them a call 24/7.
Apply for a Brazil Visa
- Brazil Visa Application Form
- Brazil Visa Duration
- Brazil Visa Fee for Australians
- Brazil Visa Fee for Canadians
- Brazil Visa Fee for Japanese Citizens
- Brazil Visa Fee for US Citizens
- Brazil Visa Requirements
- Brazil Visa Requirements for Australians
- Brazil Visa Requirements for Canadians
- Brazil Visa Requirements for Japanese Citizens
- Brazil Visa Requirements for US Citizens
- Brazil e-Visa Price, Fees, and Costs
- Brazil e-Visa Processing Time
- Brazil e-Visa for Australians
- Brazil e-Visa for Canadians
- Brazil e-Visa for Japanese Citizens
- Brazil e-Visa for US Citizens