10-year China visa for a US citizen

10-year China visa for a US citizen

iVisa | Updated on Apr 20, 2022

If you are a US citizen wishing to travel to China many times for tourism purposes, then this type of visa is for you. The 10-year Chinese visa allows US citizens to travel to China for 10 years as many times as they want. To apply for the visa first you will need to fill out an application. Thanks to iVisa, now you can do it online just by completing our easy application form. You will find more information about it on this blog.

Fill me in

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

I have a US passport, do I need a visa to visit China?

Yes, visitors with a US passport are required to apply for a Chinese 10-year Visa. You can check requirements here.

Are there other types of visas for US passport holders?

There are three kinds of visas for US passport holders visiting China:

  • Tourist eVisa or 10-year Tourist eVisa.

  • Group eVisa.

  • Business Visa on Arrival.

You can check them all here.

What is a China Tourist 10-year Visa?

Those holding a US passport, who also reside in the US, are now eligible for a 10-year visa for tourism. This visa allows you to enter and leave China as many times as you want within the 10 year period. Please note that the maximum stay per visit is 60 days.

The Chinese Visa Application Form is the first step for getting a Chinese Visa before submitting your documents at your designated Embassy/Consulate.

iVisa service includes completing the Chinese Visa Application Form and providing a Preparation Guide for the steps that applicants must follow in order to get their Chinese 10 year tourist visa.

Note: Applicants must go to their local Embassy/Consulate to continue with their China 10-year Tourist Visa application.

How long can visitors with a US passport stay in China with a Chinese Tourist 10-year Visa?

Visitors carrying a Chinese Tourist 10-year Visa can enter China for a maximum of 60 days Per Entry. All visits are strictly limited to business or tourism, so you can NOT seek paid work or employment.

What are the documents required to apply?

We require the following to fill your application:

  • Valid passport with at least 1 year of validity and 2 blanks pages or the Chinese Embassy or Consulate would not issue the China paper visa for 10 years.

  • Travel Itinerary.

  • Credit/Debit Card or PayPal Account to pay for your visa online.

How long is the China Tourist 10-year Visa valid?

As its name says, this visa is valid for 10 years after issued

What are the processing times and prices?

With iVisa, applicants have three available options when it comes to processing time and pricing. The three options are:

  • Standard processing – your application is processed within 4 days, and the price is USD 27.49 (service fees included).

  • Rush processing – you will receive your application confirmed within 2 days, and the total price of it is USD 89.99 (service fees included).

  • Super rush processing – this is the fastest option. You will get your application confirmed in only 6 hours, and you will be charged USD 131.99 (service fees included).

Click here to start your application.

How does the Chinese 10-year Visa work?

Our service includes completing the Chinese Visa Application Form and providing a Preparation Guide for the steps that applicants must follow in order to get their China 10 year tourist visa.

Along with your completed Chinese Visa Application Form, you will receive a Preparation Guide with a list of documents you should bring along with you to your local Chinese Embassy/Consulate in the US. when you submit your application

IMPORTANT: iVisa does not have any legal relationship with the Chinese government, which is ultimately responsible for deciding if your visa is approved. iVisa does not guarantee you will obtain the visa, but our years of experience improve your chances (we have over 99% approval rate). Our services are limited to quickly and effectively helping you complete the documentation required for the visa application process.

How long does it take to apply for a China Tourist 10-year Visa?

Less than 10 minutes. That's all you will need to send your application. We will take care of the rest and shortly after we will let you know the status of the application by email.

How can I apply for a Chinese Tourist 10-year Visa?

The application for the Chinese Tourist 10-year Visa is really easy. It has only three steps:

  1. The first step will ask you to fill in your general information. You also need to choose the processing time from the options mentioned above.

  2. The second step will ask you to revise step one and make the payment.

  3. The last step consists of a questionnaire. Other documents may be required as well, but it depends on personal circumstances.

Click here to start. After you are done, submit your form and wait for your visa to arrive. In case you need assistance to fill your application, iVisa has a fantastic support service that you can call 24/7.

What do I need to do next when I obtain the Chinese application form?

When you receive the Chinese online form, you need to follow the next steps:

  • Visit your local Chinese Embassy/Consulate and submit your application form and other documents required.

  • Pay the visa cost (140 USD) at the Visa Office and pick your visa.

To which embassy or consulates can I go to obtain my China visa?

According to your state of residence, you must go to the following embassy or consulates:

  • Consulate of China in Houston-Texas: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas.

  • Consulate of China in Chicago-Illinois: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Missouri.

  • Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in USA-Washington: Delaware, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming, Washington DC.

  • Consulate of China in New York: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont.

  • General Consulate in San Francisco: Alaska, Nevada, Oregon, Northern California, Washington.

  • General Consulate in Los Angeles: Arizona, Hawaii, New Mexico, Southern California, Pacific Island.

How many times can I enter China with a Tourist 10-year Visa?

The China Tourist 10-year Visa allows Multiple Entry.

How can I apply for my family or friends?

You can apply for friends or family. Just make sure to have all the required documents first (you can see above in this article). If you are applying for only one friend or family member, just apply here introducing his or her data. In case you need to apply for more than one person, you can do so by clicking on ‘Add new applicant’ in the application form and completing the data required.

Do I need a visa if I have a layover in China?

If your transit/layover is for 24 hours or less, you will not need a visa as long as you have a confirmed onward ticket. You will need to go through immigration and show your passport and onward ticket, where they will stamp a special stopover permit, free of charge.

What can I do if I make a mistake in my application?

If you made a mistake when entering your data online then please contact our customer service representatives as soon as possible via online chat to assist you.

If we already submitted your application, then you can NOT make any changes and you will have to apply again but we will NOT charge you another service fee.

Is it safe to use iVisa to get my China Tourist 10-year Visa?

Many people think that online information leaks and that their personal info is at risk of getting into the wrong hands. However, that is not the case with our services. We provide maximum safety for your personal data, confidentiality, and we invest a lot in the security of our database. Your personal information could not be safer. You can check what hundreds of happy customers say about us here.

I have more unresolved questions, where can I find more info?

For a faster resolution click here and start chatting with one of our customer service representatives. Alternatively, you can find more info and FAQs here.

Was this page helpful?