en | $ USD



Select Your Language

Select Your Currency

  • AED United Arab Emirates Dirham
  • AFN Afghan Afghani
  • ALL Albanian Lek
  • AMD Armenian Dram
  • ANG Netherlands Antillean Guilder
  • AOA Angolan Kwanza
  • ARS Argentine Peso
  • AUD Australian Dollar
  • AWG Aruban Florin
  • AZN Azerbaijani Manat
  • BAM Bosnia-Herzegovina Convertible Mark
  • BBD Barbadian Dollar
  • BDT Bangladeshi Taka
  • BGN Bulgarian Lev
  • BIF Burundian Franc
  • BMD Bermudan Dollar
  • BND Brunei Dollar
  • BOB Bolivian Boliviano
  • BRL Brazilian Real
  • BSD Bahamian Dollar
  • BWP Botswanan Pula
  • BZD Belize Dollar
  • CAD Canadian Dollar
  • CDF Congolese Franc
  • CHF Swiss Franc
  • CLP Chilean Peso
  • CNY Chinese Yuan
  • COP Colombian Peso
  • CRC Costa Rican Colón
  • CVE Cape Verdean Escudo
  • CZK Czech Republic Koruna
  • DJF Djiboutian Franc
  • DKK Danish Krone
  • DOP Dominican Peso
  • DZD Algerian Dinar
  • EGP Egyptian Pound
  • ETB Ethiopian Birr
  • EUR Euro
  • FJD Fijian Dollar
  • FKP Falkland Islands Pound
  • GBP British Pound Sterling
  • GEL Georgian Lari
  • GIP Gibraltar Pound
  • GMD Gambian Dalasi
  • GNF Guinean Franc
  • GTQ Guatemalan Quetzal
  • GYD Guyanaese Dollar
  • HKD Hong Kong Dollar
  • HNL Honduran Lempira
  • HTG Haitian Gourde
  • HUF Hungarian Forint
  • IDR Indonesian Rupiah
  • ILS Israeli New Sheqel
  • INR Indian Rupee
  • ISK Icelandic Króna
  • JMD Jamaican Dollar
  • JPY Japanese Yen
  • KES Kenyan Shilling
  • KGS Kyrgystani Som
  • KHR Cambodian Riel
  • KMF Comorian Franc
  • KRW South Korean Won
  • KYD Cayman Islands Dollar
  • KZT Kazakhstani Tenge
  • LAK Laotian Kip
  • LBP Lebanese Pound
  • LKR Sri Lankan Rupee
  • LRD Liberian Dollar
  • LSL Lesotho Loti
  • MAD Moroccan Dirham
  • MDL Moldovan Leu
  • MGA Malagasy Ariary
  • MKD Macedonian Denar
  • MNT Mongolian Tugrik
  • MOP Macanese Pataca
  • MUR Mauritian Rupee
  • MVR Maldivian Rufiyaa
  • MWK Malawian Kwacha
  • MXN Mexican Peso
  • MYR Malaysian Ringgit
  • MZN Mozambican Metical
  • NAD Namibian Dollar
  • NGN Nigerian Naira
  • NIO Nicaraguan Córdoba
  • NOK Norwegian Krone
  • NPR Nepalese Rupee
  • NZD New Zealand Dollar
  • OMR Omani Rial
  • PAB Panamanian Balboa
  • PEN Peruvian Nuevo Sol
  • PGK Papua New Guinean Kina
  • PHP Philippine Peso
  • PKR Pakistani Rupee
  • PLN Polish Zloty
  • PYG Paraguayan Guarani
  • QAR Qatari Rial
  • RON Romanian Leu
  • RSD Serbian Dinar
  • RUB Russian Ruble
  • RWF Rwandan Franc
  • SAR Saudi Riyal
  • SBD Solomon Islands Dollar
  • SCR Seychellois Rupee
  • SEK Swedish Krona
  • SGD Singapore Dollar
  • SHP Saint Helena Pound
  • SLL Sierra Leonean Leone
  • SOS Somali Shilling
  • SRD Surinamese Dollar
  • SVC Salvadoran Colón
  • SZL Swazi Lilangeni
  • THB Thai Baht
  • TJS Tajikistani Somoni
  • TOP Tongan Pa anga
  • TRY Turkish Lira
  • TTD Trinidad and Tobago Dollar
  • TWD New Taiwan Dollar
  • TZS Tanzanian Shilling
  • UAH Ukrainian Hryvnia
  • UGX Ugandan Shilling
  • USD United States Dollar
  • UYU Uruguayan Peso
  • UZS Uzbekistan Som
  • VND Vietnamese Dong
  • VUV Vanuatu Vatu
  • WST Samoan Tala
  • XAF CFA Franc BEAC
  • XCD East Caribbean Dollar
  • XPF CFP Franc
  • YER Yemeni Rial
  • ZAR South African Rand
  • ZMW Zambian Kwacha
9,000+ Travel Documents processed by iVisa

1.2M happy customers


+46,000 reviews

10 years of experience

98% visa approval rate

How to Apply: Student X Visa

Easy application

Complete our user-friendly online application in just 20 minutes, or feel free to take breaks and return at your convenience.

Helpful support

Move closer to an approved visa with our team of iVisa Experts, who not only review your answers but also provide you with the necessary tools to prepare.

Correct documentation

Make use of our feedback and free templates to confidently submit accurate information, and experience a surprisingly stress-free process!

Get your visa

Once government-approved, your visa will be ready for collection, marking the start of your travels.

How to Apply: Embassy Registration

Fill Out Online Application

Complete our easy online application and pay with credit card or PayPal

Travel Safely

Your embassy will assist you if an emergency (eg. Natural disasters, civil unrest, etc) occur

Why Register with the Embassy

Travel Registration is a service provided by the government. This service allows you to record information about your upcoming trip abroad to the Department of State so it can be used to assist you in case of an emergency. People residing abroad can also get routine information from their nearest embassy or consulate if registered.

Required Information to Apply

Once You Have Registered With Your Embassy Or Consulate, You Will Need To Update Your Data If:

  • your contact details change,
  • your civil status changes,
  • you are going back to your home country.

Learn More: Student X Visa

What you need to know

Eligibility requirements

  • Admission to a Chinese educational institution: Applicants must have an offer of admission from a Chinese educational institution, such as a university or college, to study in China.

  • Proof of financial support: Applicants must demonstrate that they have sufficient financial resources to support themselves during their stay in China. This may include bank statements, scholarship letters, or other financial documents.

  • Good health: Applicants must provide a health certificate issued by a recognized hospital or medical institution to show that they are in good health and free from any infectious diseases. The certificate must be no more than 6 months old at the time of application.

  • No criminal record: Applicants must provide a certificate of no criminal record issued by the relevant authorities in their home country.

  • Other requirements: Depending on the specific circumstances of the applicant, additional documents may be required, such as proof of language proficiency, academic qualifications, or work experience.

How to apply?

  • Apply to a Chinese educational institution: Before applying for a China student visa, you must first apply to a Chinese educational institution and obtain an acceptance letter.

  • Prepare the required documents: Once you have the acceptance letter, you need to prepare the required documents for the visa application. These typically include a completed visa application form, a valid passport, a recent passport-size photo, the acceptance letter, a health certificate, proof of financial support, and a certificate of no criminal record.

  • Submit the visa application: You can submit your visa application to the Chinese embassy or consulate in your home country or in a country where you have legal residency. You may be required to apply in person or by mail, depending on the embassy or consulate's procedures.

  • Pay the visa fee: You will be required to pay a visa fee when you submit your application. The fee varies depending on the embassy or consulate and the type of visa you are applying for.

  • Wait for the visa processing: The processing time for a China student visa varies depending on the embassy or consulate, but it typically takes several days to a few weeks. During this time, the embassy or consulate may contact you for additional information or documents.

  • Collect your visa: Once your visa is approved, you can collect it from the embassy or consulate. Make sure to check the visa carefully to ensure that all the details are correct.

What is The China Student Visa (X Visa)?

The China student visa, also known as the X visa, is a type of visa that allows foreign students to study in China for a specified period. This visa is issued to individuals who intend to pursue academic studies, research or internships in China.

What Can I Do With a China Student Visa (X Visa)

  • Study in China: The primary purpose of the X visa is to allow foreign students to pursue academic studies or research in China.

  • Work on campus: You may work part-time on campus during your studies, but you need to obtain the necessary approval from your educational institution and the relevant government authorities.

  • Enter and exit China multiple times: You can leave and re-enter China multiple times during the visa's validity period.

What Can't I Do With a China Student Visa (X Visa)

  • Work off-campus: You are not allowed to work off-campus without obtaining a separate work permit.

  • Overstay your visa: You must leave China before your visa expires; otherwise, you may face penalties or be barred from re-entering the country in the future.

  • Engage in illegal activities: You are not permitted to engage in any illegal activities in China, which may result in legal consequences and deportation.

Who can apply for a China Student Visa (X Visa)


Foreign students who wish to pursue academic studies or research in China can apply for a China student visa (X visa).

Can Minors Apply for a China Student Visa (X Visa)?

Minors who wish to apply for a China student visa (X visa) to study in China must fulfill the same requirements as adult applicants, with some additional considerations:

  • Consent from parents or legal guardians: If the minor is under 18 years old, they must provide a notarized letter of consent from their parents or legal guardians authorizing their travel and stay in China for the purpose of education.

  • Proof of relationship: The minor must provide a birth certificate or other documents to prove their relationship with their parents or legal guardians.

  • Proof of guardianship: If the minor is traveling without their parents or legal guardians, they must provide a notarized letter of guardianship from their parents or legal guardians, designating a responsible adult in China to act as their guardian during their stay.

  • Additional requirements: Depending on the specific circumstances of the minor applicant, additional documents may be required, such as proof of enrollment in a Chinese educational institution and details of their accommodation arrangements in China.

Visa Exempt: Who Doesn't Need to Apply for this Document?

Some individuals may be exempt from obtaining a China student visa (X visa) to study in China. The following categories of individuals may be exempt:

  • Visa-free agreement: Citizens of certain countries may be exempt from obtaining a visa to enter China for a short-term stay, such as 30 or 90 days. However, if the purpose of the visit is to study in China, a China student visa is still required.

  • Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan residents: may be eligible for a special visa-free policy or simplified visa procedures to study in China. However, they still need to obtain a relevant document from the Chinese immigration authorities.

  • Chinese language program: Individuals who are enrolled in a short-term Chinese language program that lasts less than 180 days may be exempt from obtaining a China student visa. However, they still need to obtain a short-term stay visa (F visa).

  • Diplomatic or service passport holders may be exempt from obtaining a China student visa. However, they still need to obtain relevant documents from the Chinese embassy or consulate.

How to increase chances to get approved by the government

  • Submit complete and accurate documents: Make sure to submit all the required documents and information in a complete and accurate manner. Check the specific requirements with the relevant Chinese embassy or consulate, and double-check your application before submitting it.

  • Apply early: Give yourself plenty of time to apply for the visa before your planned travel dates. This will give you enough time to deal with any issues that may arise during the application process.

  • Provide a clear reason for travel: Make sure to clearly explain the purpose of your visit to China and why you need to study there. This may include providing an acceptance letter from a Chinese educational institution or other supporting documents.

  • Demonstrate financial stability: Make sure to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees, accommodation expenses, and living expenses for the entire duration of your stay in China. This may include bank statements, scholarship letters, financial guarantee letters, or other documents.

  • Follow visa application instructions: Make sure to follow the instructions provided by the embassy or consulate carefully when applying for the visa. This may include completing the application form correctly, providing the correct size and type of photos, and paying the appropriate visa fees.

  • Be respectful and professional: If you are required to attend an interview or provide additional information, be respectful and professional in your interactions with embassy or consulate staff. This may help to create a positive impression and increase your chances of getting approved.

  • Show strong ties to your home country: You can demonstrate strong ties to your home country by showing that you have a permanent address, employment, or business ties, as well as family members or other social ties there. You can provide evidence such as lease agreements, employment contracts, bank statements, and letters from family members.

  • Explain your plans to return: You should explain in detail your plans to return to your home country after completing your studies in China. You should demonstrate that you have a clear purpose and plan for your return and that your return is a priority for you.

  • iVisa is NOT affiliated with any government agency. This site does not provide legal advice and we are not a law firm. None of our customer service representatives are lawyers and they also do not provide legal advice. We are a private, internet-based travel and immigration consultancy provider dedicated to helping individuals travel around the world. You may apply by yourself directly on the various government websites. The source of information: https://en.nia.gov.cn/
Chat on WhatsApp
Intercom Chat