Croatia Visa Information
Learn More: Short-stay Visa
Required Documents to Apply
Ever since Game of Thrones debuted, the small south-central European nation of Croatia has been put on the map for tourists. The medieval cities draw millions of tourists every year, but that is not the only attraction. The beaches that open onto the Adriatic Sea are vibrant, even if tourists sometimes complain of their lack of sandy shorelines. Nevertheless, Croatia is a beautiful country with a rich history and culture. It's definitely worth the trip.
But before you leave for Croatia, you should check whether or not you need to apply for a visa. While Croatia is technically part of the Schengen Area Agreement, this law has not been fully implemented yet. Even so, the visa policy is quite lenient. Chances are that you just need a passport to visit. There are two categories of nationalities that are exempt from getting a visa: citizens of the EU/EEA and members of the Schengen visa waiver program. As long as you find your country of origin on one of those lists, you are free to book your travels.
Don't waste your time digging through the Schengen visa policy. Instead, we recommend that you try our Visa Checker Tool. Simply select your country of origin from the drag-down menu and choose Croatia as your destination. If you do not need a visa, then you are free to book your trip. However, if you need a visa, we provide a list of embassies you can use to apply.
Unfortunately, iVisa cannot process Croatia visa applications at the moment since electronic visas are not available for the Schengen Area. Nonetheless, we still want to help all travelers, which is why we offer a free 24/7 support service to answer any questions you have about the visa process.
If you need to get a visa, we recommend investigating your nationality's specific requirements before going to the embassy. While you can do that on the internet, we advise that you call the diplomatic mission itself. It is the most reliable source of information. Websites are not always updated, leading to critical application errors. Just give the embassy a call or email to find out more info. Nevertheless, what iVisa can tell you is that you need a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond your date of arrival in Croatia. For further information, contact the nearest embassy of Croatia.
As soon as electronic visas become available for Croatia, we will be among the first to be able to process your application. Until then, we wish you the best of luck at the embassy and safe travels.
Was this page helpful?
Our customers have great stories about us
Is iVisa.com a legitimate company?
Our Company is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and has a validated IATA Agency Code. If you want to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Remember that the customer service team at iVisa.com is here 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about our service.
Where can I read more?
- Things to do in Croatia: what are the best things to see there
- Best cities to visit in Croatia: which one should I not miss?
- Best time of year to visit Croatia and enjoy nice weather on your trip!
- Which COVID-19 vaccines are approved for travel for Croatia (July 2021)
- Croatia Digital COVID Certificate: Know More
- Croatia Vaccination Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Croatia?
- How Can Citizens of the United States Enter Croatia During Coronavirus?
- How Can Citizens of the United Kingdom Enter Croatia During Coronavirus?
- How Can Citizens of Slovenia Enter Croatia During Coronavirus?
- How Can Citizens of Austria Enter Croatia During Coronavirus?
- How Can Citizens of Germany Enter Croatia During Coronavirus?
- Find out more about the Self Quarantine Requirement in Croatia
- Check the PCR Test Requirement to enter Croatia during COVID-19
- What Countries Can Enter Croatia During Coronavirus?
- How do I Enter Croatia During Coronavirus?
- Croatia visa policy
- Kako dobiti hrvatsku digitalnu COVID putovnicu