According to Cuba’s visa policy, all travelers who wish to cross the Cuba border need a visa, except for the nationals from Visa-exempt countries. Depending on your nationality, you are eligible for a Cuba visa you can get at the nearest embassy or a Tourist Card. The latter is available online, but you can also get it from an airline or travel agency. As far as EU citizens are concerned, all the nationals from an EU state member are eligible for a Cuba Tourist Card.
Cuba visa for EU citizens – requirements
If you want to apply for a Cuba Tourist card, you should know that the requirements are easy to meet. When you apply online using the services provided by iVisa, you do not have to upload any documents. All you need is a valid passport, and you need to fill in a form. However, once you arrive in Cuba, you need to provide the following documents:
- Valid passport – the passport you have needs to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Cuba. If it is not, you need to apply for a renewal.
- Tourist Card – this is the same as a Cuba visa that iVisa will send to you via postal mail.
- A flight itinerary both to and from Cuba
- Travel insurance – this is a rule that began to take effect back in 2010. If you do not have travel insurance, you need to purchase one once you arrive in Cuba.
How to apply for a Cuba visa for EU citizens
iVisa has created the most accessible application form so that you have an easy time completing it. It should not take you more than 10 minutes to go over it, and if you need help with anything, iVisa has a fantastic support service that you can contact 24/7.
The application form has two simple steps. The first one will ask you to fill in a personal and travel information form. At the same time, you need to select a visa type and a processing time, both of which determine the cost of your Tourist Card. As for the former, as an EU citizen, you are required to apply for an International Tourist Card. When it comes to processing time, you can choose the one that suits your needs. Here are your options:
- Standard processing time – your application will be processed and your Tourist card delivered in 3 to 5 business days. This option costs $55.
- Rush processing time – your Tourist card will arrive within 1 to 3 business days, and the fee is $75.
- Super Rush processing time – you will have your Cuba Tourist card in 1 business day, and you will be charged $95. The shipping is included in the price in all three cases.
The second step consists of revision and payment. It is crucial that you double-check the information you provided in step one because you cannot correct your mistakes once your application reaches the processing phase. If any errors are made, you need to repeat the process. Payment can be made using one of the many available means accepted by iVisa. You can use a credit/debit card, a Paypal account, Alipay, or WeChat. After you are done, just submit your application and then wait for your Cuba Tourist Card to arrive in the timeframe of your choice.
The conclusion is that a Cuba Visa for EU citizens is easy to obtain, and it is not any different than for other nationalities. When you apply online, the application process is fast and efficient, and iVisa will do most of the work for you. The document you receive allows you to stay in Cuba for up to 30 days, but you can request an extension if you want. You are granted a single entry.