The citizens of 18 countries in the world are exempt from getting a visa for Cuba, but the rest of the nationalities can either apply for a Cuba visa at the embassy or apply online for a Tourist Card. UK citizens are eligible for the latter. It means that you are no longer needed to go to the nearest Cuban embassy to get your visa. Instead, you get to apply online using the services provided by iVisa. The process is entirely online, and you can have your visa in as little as 24 hours.
Cuba visa for UK citizens – requirements
If you decide to apply online with iVisa, you should know that you need very few things. iVisa will not ask you to upload any documents. All you need is a passport and your personal information. Once you get to Cuba, however, you need to provide the following documents:
- Valid passport – the passport you have needs to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Cuba. If it is not, you need to renew it before you apply.
- Tourist Card – this is the equivalent of a Cuba visa that iVisa will send to you via postal mail.
- A flight itinerary both to and from Cuba
- Travel insurance – this is a rule that began to take effect back in 2010. If you do not have travel insurance, you need to purchase one once you arrive in Cuba.
Keep in mind that if you travel with minors, they need to have their own Tourist Card (each of them) since children cannot travel on their parents’/guardians’ documents.
Cuba visa for UK citizens – processing time and fees
The cost of your Cuba Tourist Card depends on two factors: the visa type and processing time. The first one is easy. Since you are a UK citizen, you need to select the International Tourist Card. As for processing time, iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application will be processed and your Tourist card delivered in 3 to 5 business days. This option costs $55.
- Rush processing – your Tourist card will arrive within 1 to 3 business days, and the fee is $75.
- Super Rush processing – you will have your Cuba Tourist card in 1 business day, and you will be charged $95. The shipping is free in all three cases.
The application form
iVisa designed a simple and comprehensive application form that you should complete in 10 minutes or less. If you need some help with it, you can refer to iVisa’s support service which is available 24/7. There are two steps you need to complete. The first one will ask for your personal and travel information, and you must also choose the processing time and visa type at this point. The second step consists of payment and revision. iVisa accepts multiple means of payment such as credit/debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, WeChat. As for the revision, it is crucial that you double-check the information you provided in step one because you cannot make any corrections after the application reaches the processing stage. If you make a mistake, you need to repeat the process. After you make the payment, you can submit the application and wait for your Tourist Card to arrive in the timeframe of your choice.
As you can observe, getting a Cuba visa for UK citizens is more than accessible. The process is fast, it is affordable, and your efforts are minimal. The Tourist card allows you to spend 30 days in Cuba, but you have the possibility of applying for an extension for another 30 days. You are granted a single entry.