Planning a trip to Cuba may also entail getting a visa. Of course, if you are a citizen of a visa-exempt country, you do not need a visa, but the rest of the travelers do. To find out if you need such a document, you can use iVisa’s Visa Checker to learn whether or not you qualify for a Cuba Tourist Card or not. If you do, you have the option to apply online. The process is entirely online, and you can get your Cuba visa in as little as 1 business day.
What are the requirements?
When you apply online for a Cuba visa, all you need is a passport. iVisa does not require you to upload any documents. All you have to do is fill in an application form. However, keep in mind that when you arrive in Cuba, you need to provide the following documents:
- Valid passport – the passport you have needs to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Cuba. If it is not, you need to renew it before you apply.
- Tourist Card – this is the equivalent of a Cuba visa that iVisa will send to you via postal mail.
- A flight itinerary both to and from Cuba
- Travel insurance – this is a rule that began to take effect back in 2010. If you do not have travel insurance, you need to purchase one once you arrive in Cuba.
How to apply for a Cuba visa online?
iVisa has designed one of the most accessible and comprehensive application forms you will ever have to handle. It should not take you more than 10 minutes to complete it, and if you have any questions or need some help, iVisa has a fantastic support service that you can contact 24/7.
The application form consists of two simple steps. The first one will ask you to fill in your personal information such as name, address, passport info, and so on. At this point, you are also required to choose a visa type and processing time. The first one is simple. US citizens must choose the USA Tourist Card, while all the other nationalities must pick the International Tourist Card. As for processing time, iVisa provides three excellent choices, and you can choose one depending on your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application will be processed and your Tourist card delivered in 3 to 5 business days. This option costs $110
- Rush processing – your Tourist card will arrive within 1 to 3 business days, and the fee is $130
- Super Rush processing – you will have your Cuba Tourist card in 1 business day, and you will be charged $150. The prices above include the shipping cost, and they apply to the USA Tourism Card. For an International Tourism Card, the fees are $55, $75, and $95 respectively.
The second step of the application form requires you to do a quick revision of step one and make the payment. The revision is essential because you cannot correct your mistakes once your application reaches processing. As for the payment, iVisa accepts multiple means. You can use a credit/debit card, Paypal, Alipay, and WeChat. Once the payment is made, you can submit your application.
The Cuba Tourist Card allows you to stay inside the country for 30 days unless you are a Canadian citizen, in which case you can stay 90 days. You have the possibility to extend your stay once you are inside the country, but you are allowed a single entry. As you can notice, the application process provided by iVisa is straightforward. It is not time-consuming and the fees are affordable.