en | $ USD



Select Your Language

Select Your Currency

  • AED United Arab Emirates Dirham
  • AFN Afghan Afghani
  • ALL Albanian Lek
  • AMD Armenian Dram
  • ANG Netherlands Antillean Guilder
  • AOA Angolan Kwanza
  • ARS Argentine Peso
  • AUD Australian Dollar
  • AWG Aruban Florin
  • AZN Azerbaijani Manat
  • BAM Bosnia-Herzegovina Convertible Mark
  • BBD Barbadian Dollar
  • BDT Bangladeshi Taka
  • BGN Bulgarian Lev
  • BIF Burundian Franc
  • BMD Bermudan Dollar
  • BND Brunei Dollar
  • BOB Bolivian Boliviano
  • BRL Brazilian Real
  • BSD Bahamian Dollar
  • BWP Botswanan Pula
  • BZD Belize Dollar
  • CAD Canadian Dollar
  • CDF Congolese Franc
  • CHF Swiss Franc
  • CLP Chilean Peso
  • CNY Chinese Yuan
  • COP Colombian Peso
  • CRC Costa Rican Colón
  • CVE Cape Verdean Escudo
  • CZK Czech Republic Koruna
  • DJF Djiboutian Franc
  • DKK Danish Krone
  • DOP Dominican Peso
  • DZD Algerian Dinar
  • EGP Egyptian Pound
  • ETB Ethiopian Birr
  • EUR Euro
  • FJD Fijian Dollar
  • FKP Falkland Islands Pound
  • GBP British Pound Sterling
  • GEL Georgian Lari
  • GIP Gibraltar Pound
  • GMD Gambian Dalasi
  • GNF Guinean Franc
  • GTQ Guatemalan Quetzal
  • GYD Guyanaese Dollar
  • HKD Hong Kong Dollar
  • HNL Honduran Lempira
  • HTG Haitian Gourde
  • HUF Hungarian Forint
  • IDR Indonesian Rupiah
  • ILS Israeli New Sheqel
  • INR Indian Rupee
  • ISK Icelandic Króna
  • JMD Jamaican Dollar
  • JPY Japanese Yen
  • KES Kenyan Shilling
  • KGS Kyrgystani Som
  • KHR Cambodian Riel
  • KMF Comorian Franc
  • KRW South Korean Won
  • KYD Cayman Islands Dollar
  • KZT Kazakhstani Tenge
  • LAK Laotian Kip
  • LBP Lebanese Pound
  • LKR Sri Lankan Rupee
  • LRD Liberian Dollar
  • LSL Lesotho Loti
  • MAD Moroccan Dirham
  • MDL Moldovan Leu
  • MGA Malagasy Ariary
  • MKD Macedonian Denar
  • MNT Mongolian Tugrik
  • MOP Macanese Pataca
  • MUR Mauritian Rupee
  • MVR Maldivian Rufiyaa
  • MWK Malawian Kwacha
  • MXN Mexican Peso
  • MYR Malaysian Ringgit
  • MZN Mozambican Metical
  • NAD Namibian Dollar
  • NGN Nigerian Naira
  • NIO Nicaraguan Córdoba
  • NOK Norwegian Krone
  • NPR Nepalese Rupee
  • NZD New Zealand Dollar
  • OMR Omani Rial
  • PAB Panamanian Balboa
  • PEN Peruvian Nuevo Sol
  • PGK Papua New Guinean Kina
  • PHP Philippine Peso
  • PKR Pakistani Rupee
  • PLN Polish Zloty
  • PYG Paraguayan Guarani
  • QAR Qatari Rial
  • RON Romanian Leu
  • RSD Serbian Dinar
  • RUB Russian Ruble
  • RWF Rwandan Franc
  • SAR Saudi Riyal
  • SBD Solomon Islands Dollar
  • SCR Seychellois Rupee
  • SEK Swedish Krona
  • SGD Singapore Dollar
  • SHP Saint Helena Pound
  • SLL Sierra Leonean Leone
  • SOS Somali Shilling
  • SRD Surinamese Dollar
  • SVC Salvadoran Colón
  • SZL Swazi Lilangeni
  • THB Thai Baht
  • TJS Tajikistani Somoni
  • TOP Tongan Pa anga
  • TRY Turkish Lira
  • TTD Trinidad and Tobago Dollar
  • TWD New Taiwan Dollar
  • TZS Tanzanian Shilling
  • UAH Ukrainian Hryvnia
  • UGX Ugandan Shilling
  • USD United States Dollar
  • UYU Uruguayan Peso
  • UZS Uzbekistan Som
  • VND Vietnamese Dong
  • VUV Vanuatu Vatu
  • WST Samoan Tala
  • XAF CFA Franc BEAC
  • XCD East Caribbean Dollar
  • XPF CFP Franc
  • YER Yemeni Rial
  • ZAR South African Rand
  • ZMW Zambian Kwacha
Cuba visa categories - which one can I travel under?
3 min read
Updated on May 14, 2024

Until 2014, there were some travel restrictions regarding Cuba, but President Obama took care of them. The whole purpose was to eliminate the need for a specific license for some trips, and as a result, they are now under the rules of a general license. 12 such categories have been established, and you can choose the one that best suits your particular situation. Keep in mind that a visa is not the same as a travel license. If you are looking for a visa or a Tourist Card, please refer to an online service or a Cuban embassy.

Alt Text

12 categories of U.S. approved-travel to Cuba

1.Visiting family – you can travel to Cuba under a general license if you want to visit close relatives. They can be your family by blood, marriage, or adoption, but there must not be more than three generations removed from you or a common ancestor of yours.

2.Official government business – contractors, employees, and grantees of the US government, of any other foreign government, or an intergovernmental organization in which the US government is a part of or an observer can go to Cuba if they are on official business.

3.Journalism – the Cuban government grants access to any journalistic activity, and they support technical personnel or freelance journalist that are experienced in the field.

4.Research and meetings – you can go to Cuba if you want to do some research in your field, or you can attend professional meeting and conferences.

5.Educational purposes – this category will not allow you to attend a university or anything, but it will let you be a part of educational activities in Cuba. Both students and professors can travel under this category.

6.Public performances, workshops, clinics, exhibits, and athletic competitions – this category is self-explanatory. If you want to perform, you are an artist, or you want to participate in sports events, you can go to Cuba under this category.

7.Religious purposes – religious organizations, along with their staff and members fall into this category is they have a full-time schedule of religious activities.

8.Support for the Cuban people – independent organizations that promote a rapid and peaceful transition to democracy, as well as individuals and non-governmental organizations that help the interests of the Cuban civil society fall into this category.

9.Humanitarian projects – in this category there are a lot of sub-categories. There is medical care as well as environmental projects. Educational training, adult literacy, the development of small-scale enterprises, and many others, they are all part of this category.

10.Private foundations activities or research for educational institutes – you can travel to Cuba under this category if you want to collect information related to non-commercial purposes in Cuba.

11.Exportation, importation, and transmission of information or informational materials – this is related to the publishing, music, and film industries.

12.Export – only authorized export transactions fall into this category.

If you do not fall under one of the categories mentioned above, you need a visa to cross the Cuban border. You can get it either at the Cuban consulate, online, at travel agencies, and of course, some airlines.

Chat on WhatsApp
Intercom Chat