Dominican Republic tourist card for Canada citizens
We all know how the weather is in Canada, which is why it comes as no surprise that Canadian citizens would want to escape somewhere warm and exotic. The Dominican Republic is the ideal place. It is located in the Caribbean, which is lovely, and it has those white sandy beaches that everyone craves for. However, you need more than a passport to get there. You actually need to pay for a tourist card. Lucky for you, you can do it online now.
iVisa is an online service that handles visas and tourist cards. So if you are from Canada and planning on going to the Dominican Republic, all you have to do is go online and pay for the tourist card there. The process is straightforward, it is cheap, and you can have your tourist card in as little as 15 minutes.
Many of you may be wondering how long is the process going to last. You have three options for that. You can go for the Standard processing time and have your tourist card in one business day. Applying for it is simple, and you only have to pay 39.91 CAD. However, if you are in a hurry, you have the option of going for the Rush processing. It costs 66.52 CAD, but your tourist card will be in your inbox in two hours. The third option, the Super Rush processing, is for people who are spontaneous and want their Dominican Republic tourist card in 15 minutes. You can apply for it on your way to the airport. As you may have guessed, it is going to cost you more. 93.13 CAD to be more precise.
No matter what option you choose, getting a Dominican Republic tourist card is very simple. All you have to do is visit the iVisa website, fill in the application, and you are ready to go.
Apart from processing time and costs, there are a few additional things you should know. Here are the most important aspects:
• The tourist card expires in 30 days from your date of departure. You can extend it only when you are in the Dominican Republic. However, once you have received it, you do not need to leave right away. The tourist card is valid for a whole year.
• If you go on business, a tourist card will not suffice, and you will have to go to the Dominican Republic embassy in Canada after all.
• Every person, even minors, must pay for a tourist card.
• Applying for a Dominican Republic tourist card requires a valid passport and a means of payment. You can use a credit/debit card or a Paypal account.
• The tourist card you receive is valid for a single entry.
As a Canadian citizen, paying for a Dominican Republic tourist card cannot be easier. The entire process is electronic, you do not have to go anywhere, and truth be told, it does not cost much either.