Ethiopia grants access to all nationalities to an electronic visa when the purpose of the trip is tourism or visiting friends/family. Lebanese citizens enjoy the same privilege, which means that you can apply online for your Ethiopia visa. With iVisa, you can have it in your e-mail inbox in as little as 24 hours. But remember that the e-visa can only be used if you enter Ethiopia via Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. Other points of entry require a consular visa.
Ethiopia Visa for Lebanese citizens – the requirements
The first thing you are supposed to do is to make sure that you have everything necessary for a successful application process. However, you will see that you do not need much. Only the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Ethiopia Visa for Lebanese citizens – the online application form
iVisa created a short, 3-step application form that you have to fill in. However, keep in mind that if you need some help along the way, or you have questions, you can reach iVisa’s customer support via online chat or phone. The service is at your disposal non-stop and is entirely free of charge.
As mentioned above, the form consists of three steps. Step number one requires you to provide some general information about yourself and your trip. You also have to choose a processing time for your application and a period of validity for your Ethiopia visa, both of which determine the e-visa’s price. When it comes to the former, iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
As for the validity, the fees above apply for the 30-day Ethiopia visa. You have the option of selecting a document that is valid for 90 days, in which case the cost goes higher with $20 for each processing time.
Step two consists of payment and review, while the third requires you to upload a few documents that support your application. When you are finished, you can submit your form, and iVisa will deliver the Ethiopia e-visa in the timeframe of your choosing.
The bottom line is that Lebanese citizens have an easy time getting an Ethiopia visa when using iVisa’s services. The e-visa you receive is valid for 30 or 90 days since the date of your intended entry in Ethiopia and you can stay there until it expires. You can enter the country only once.