Like all nationalities, the citizens of Zimbabwe do not need a consular visa when traveling to Ethiopia for tourism purposes. Instead, you qualify for an electronic visa, meaning that you can get your travel document online. iVisa can help you obtain it in as little as 24 hours. However, do not forget that the e-visa only grants you entry if you go to Ethiopia visa the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. If you plan to use another point of entry, a consular visa is in order.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Zimbabwe – requirements
While the online application process for an Ethiopia visa is far less demanding than going to a consulate, you still have to make sure that you have at hand all that is necessary. Here is a list of the things you will need:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Ethiopia e-visa unless you hold a valid passport. Plus, the document has to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the day you intend to cross the Ethiopian border.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – you will be required to upload it when you fill in the form.
- A digital passport photo – when it comes to your picture, make sure that it is taken recently and follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- E-mail address – since the entire application process happens online, you will receive your e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – when it comes to paying for services, iVisa is versatile. You can make the payment using your credit or debit card, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Zimbabwe – the online application form
As soon as you are ready, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. It should take you about 20 minutes, but iVisa’s customer support is open 24/7 and free of charge in case you need assistance or have some questions about the process.
iVisa created a 3-step application form. The first step asks that you provide your personal information, but this is also the point at which you have to choose a validity period for your Ethiopia visa, as well as a processing time for your application. Both choices will determine how much you will be charged. Concerning the processing time, here are your options:
- Standard processing – this may be the slowest available option, but it is the cheapest as well. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and the cost is $87.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Ethiopia visa within 2 business days, but the fee goes a little bit higher. You must pay $117.
- Super Rush processing – if you want your e-visa as soon as possible, you can choose this option. Your application is processed within 1 business day, but you are charged $152.
As for validity, you can choose the 30-day Ethiopia visa, or you can go for the 90-day visa. The fees above apply for the former, while the latter costs $20 more for each processing time. So, the charges are $107, $137, and $172 respectively.
The second step expects you to handle the payment and review your form so that you do not submit incorrect information, while the third wants you to upload a few documents that support your application. As soon as you are done, you are free to submit your request and iVisa will take it from there.
What you need to remember is that the online process of getting an Ethiopia Visa for the citizens of Zimbabwe is incredibly easy when you use the services provided by iVisa. The document is valid for 30/90 days since the date of intended entry in Ethiopia, and you can stay there until it expires. You are granted one entry.