Learn More: Health Declaration Form
GHANA IS OPEN: Ghana re-opened to tourists on 1st September 2020.
The Ghana Health Declaration is a must-have document for international arrivals. Its role is to minimize the coronavirus pandemic risks. All travelers who wish to visit Ghana are required to fill out this form.
WHO CAN ENTER GHANA WITH THIS DOCUMENT
Anyone who wishes to enter Ghana must fill out the Health Declaration before their flight. Unvaccinated passengers must also provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test result taken within 72 hours before departure to Ghana.
Please check our FAQ section below to understand the terms and conditions in which you'll be able to enter the country.
OBTAIN THE GHANA HEALTH DECLARATION FORM
To get the Ghana Health Declaration Form, you'll need to provide information about your health status and intentions to stay in Ghana.
Passengers must comply with the country's health and safety protocols, including the requirement for non-resident travelers aged 18 and over to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
PRESENT THE DOCUMENT
After we process your application, we'll send you a confirmation PDF to your email before your trip so you can present the Health Declaration when necessary.
Visit the FAQs below to learn about the quarantine rules for Ghana.
ABOUT COVID-19 SELF-TESTING
Don't waste vacation time searching for a COVID-19 test center.
Even if you don't need to take a test to enter Ghana, you will need a negative COVID-19 test result to enter the US.
Simplify your trip by ordering the eMed self-testing COVID-19 kit online.
Pack the test in your suitcase and self-test no more than 3 days before your flight back to the US.
Check the FAQs to learn more about our trusted testing partner.
Required Documents to Apply
Negative pre-departure PCR COVID-19 test result (if applicable)
- US RESIDENTS ONLY: If you are unvaccinated, you'll need to take a COVID-19 test to return to the US the day before your entry.
Don't waste your time looking for a test lab in Ghana, and quickly get your eMed test kit here.
Order yours now and pack it in your luggage.
Then, follow the Certified Guide’s online instructions to take the mandatory test 24 hours before your journey back to the US.
All travelers entering Ghana, regardless of their nationality, age, or other consideration, must fill in the Health Declaration Form.
All travelers aged 18 and over must be fully vaccinated to enter Ghana, except for residents and nationals of Ghana.
The Health Declaration DOES NOT replace a Visa.
If your country requires a Visa, the immigration officers will ask for your Visa when you enter the country. Keep in mind that some nationalities will require a paper visa.
If that is the case, we suggest you contact your local Ghana embassy.
This electronic Health Declaration form replaces the paper-based version used previously.
Children under the age of 5 are exempt from presenting a pre-departure test and are not required to take the mandatory Antigen test on arrival.
Children aged 5 to 12 will be tested on arrival, free of charge.
Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to take a coronavirus test to travel to Ghana and do not need to take a test on arrival.
Unvaccinated travelers will undergo mandatory quarantine for 7 days.
Was this page helpful?
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
Is iVisa.com a legitimate company?
Our Company is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and has a validated IATA Agency Code. If you want to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Remember that the customer service team at iVisa.com is here 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about our service.
Do I need to present a COVID-19 vaccination certificate to travel to Ghana?
Yes, all third-world country travelers aged 18 and over must provide proof of full vaccination, except for residents of Ghana.
Approved vaccines: AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, Sputnik V, Johnson, and Johnson.
Since information may change quickly, we advise you to follow up on the latest Ghana travel updates and/or contact your local embassy.
Do I need to take a PCR COVID-19 Test before traveling to Ghana?
- COVID test before arrival: Unvaccinated travelers must present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before departure.
- COVID test on arrival: Unvaccinated travelers must take a mandatory antigen test on arrival. Children aged 5 to 12 will be tested on arrival, free of charge.
- COVID test exemptions: Children under 5 and fully vaccinated travelers.
Why buy a COVID-19 self-testing kit? (US residents only)
The eMed self-test COVID-19 kit includes 6 rapid antigen tests that meet major US airline's entry requirements- perfect for travelers on round-trip journeys from the United States!
Order your test kit before your trip, and we will deliver it to your home address for easy testing anywhere, anytime.
The Certified Guide will help you get results in 15 minutes on the NAVICA app.
Get the eMed self-test COVID-19 kit for $150- that's only $25 per test.
Do I have to quarantine when I get to Ghana?
What’s the Ghana Health Declaration Form?
How much is the Ghana Health Declaration Form?
Prices will vary depending on the processing time you choose:
- Standard Processing Time: 24 hours - USD 30.00.
- Rush Processing Time: 8 hours - USD 45.00.
- Super Rush Processing Time: 4 hours - USD 70.00.
Can I get this form for free?
How long is the Ghana Health Declaration Form valid for and how many times can I apply for one?
How long does it take to apply for one?
Do children also need the Ghana Health Declaration Form?
When should I apply for the Ghana Health Declaration Form?
How do I get the Ghana Health Declaration Form?
Can I get in touch with you if I have more questions?
Where can I read more?
- How can citizens of Ghana enter Ghana during coronavirus?
- ALL ABOUT HOW CITIZENS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM CAN ENTER GHANA DURING CORONAVIRUS
- Do I need a covid test for Ghana?
- ALL ABOUT GHANA TRAVEL QUARANTINE
- WHAT ARE GHANA TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS DURING COVID-19?
- WHAT ARE GHANA TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS COVID 19?
- CHECK REQUIREMENTS FOR HOW CITIZENS OF NIGERIA CAN ENTER GHANA DURING CORONAVIRUS
- IS GHANA BORDER OPEN FOR TRAVEL?
- Ghana Vaccination Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Ghana?
- CHECK REQUIREMENTS FOR COVID TEST FOR GHANA TRAVEL
- LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW CITIZENS OF CANADA CAN ENTER GHANA DURING CORONAVIRUS
- LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW CITIZENS OF COTE D´IVOIRE CAN ENTER GHANA DURING CORONAVIRUS
- LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES CAN ENTER GHANA DURING CORONAVIRUS
- Ghana Visa Policy: Explore More