Traveling to Madagascar is not possible unless you get a visa. The good thing is that you can obtain a visa at the border on arrival, through a foreign representative such as the Embassy of Madagascar or using an online eVisa application.
The easiest and most recommended way of applying for a visa to Madagascar is through an online form, and that's why iVisa is ready to help.
With iVisa you can easily obtain a Landing Authorization, which allows you to enter Madagascar upon arrival.
To learn more about the online application process, read the answers to the most frequently asked questions listed below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Nigeria apply for a Madagascar visa online?
The answer is yes, but this is better known as Landing Authorization, which works very similar to an eVisa. All nationalities can apply online for a Madagascar Landing Authorization unless they are visa-exempt.
What is a Madagascar Landing Authorization?
The Madagascar Landing Authorization is a document that must be issued to all those who wish to visit Madagascar for tourism purposes.
Once the online form is submitted and accepted, you will get the Landing Authorization and it must be shown to the immigration officers upon arrival in Madagascar. Once you arrive, you will need to pay a fee in person according to the visa validity you prefer.
What do I need to apply for a Madagascar visa online?
You will be pleased to learn that you do not need much to apply for a Madagascar Landing Authorization. Here is that you must have at hand during the application process:
- Passport – This is the most important document you should get. Plus, this document must remain valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Madagascar. Two blank pages are necessary as well.
- Photo – you must ensure that the picture is recent. You should also carry two passport size photos to attach to the application.
- E-mail address – you receive your Landing Authorization via e-mail, which is why you need to offer iVisa a valid address.
- Means of payment – Keep in mind that iVisa accepts credit and debit cards, but you can use PayPal as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends. iVisa offers you two options for both, 30- and 60-days visa, when it comes to processing time so that you can select the one that best works for you. Here is what you can choose:
- Standard processing for 30 days visa – your Madagascar visa arrives in 7 days.
- Rush processing for 30 days visa – your application is processed within just 4 days.
- Standard processing for 60 days visa – your Madagascar visa arrives in 7 days.
- Rush processing for 60 days visa – your application is processed within just 4 days.
Does the Madagascar Landing Authorization have special requirements?
The embassies of Madagascar will always handle visa applications. Applicants are required to carry a copy of their visa at all times during their stay. As soon as the first 60 days have passed, visitors can apply for a visa renewal at the Madagascar Immigration Office.
What are the Madagascar Visa processing time and fees?
The total price you have to pay for your Madagascar Visa depends on the processing timeframe you select during the application process. Here is what you can choose from.
- Standard processing for 30 days – it takes 7 days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 20.00.
- Rush processing for 30 days – your visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 20.00.
- Standard processing for 60 days – it takes 7 days for your application to be processed, and you must pay USD 20.00.
- Rush processing for 60 days – your visa arrives within 4 days, and you are charged USD 20.00.
How long is the Madagascar Landing Authorization valid for?
The 30 days Madagascar Landing Authorization is valid for 30 days after arrival after arrival. This is a Single Entry visa, and the maximum stay is of 30 days Per Entry.
The 60 days Madagascar Visa is valid for 60 days after arrival after arrival. This is a Single Entry visa, and the maximum stay is of 60 days Per Entry.
How can I apply for the Landing Authorization?
You can start completing the online form once you have collected all of the things required. You also have to follow the next steps:
Firstly, you must provide your personal info. In this part, you also have to select the processing time. Those factors will help determine the cost.
The second step will ask you to do a revision of the information offered and make the payment.
The third and last step is where you have to upload additional documents.
Consider that obtaining a Landing Authorization for Madagascar does not provide you an automatic right of entry. The immigration officer at the port of entry may refuse entry to any person.
Does the Landing Authorization allows me to have an automatic entry into Madagascar?
No, it doesn't. Possession of a Landing Authorization for Madagascar doesn't offer an automatic right of entry. The Immigration Officer at the port of entry may refuse entry to any traveler if that person is unable to fulfill the immigration requirements.
Is it safe to obtain my Landing Authorization with iVisa's services?
Yes, it is! We have an experienced team that has been issuing Landing Authorizations for more than 6 years.
If you want to check how professional our services are, check out our testimonials with more than 19,000 reviews from Trustpilot.
How does this Landing Authorization look like?