Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Malaysia e-Visa?
The Malaysia Tourist e-Visa is an official document permitting entry into and travel within Malaysia, and is electronically linked to your passport.
What do I need to apply for a Malaysia e-Visa?
With the help and support of iVisa’s service, you can apply in an easy and fast way. For the total process, we just require some information and documents:
● A copy of your passport with a validity of at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Malaysia.
● Passport photo (White background, no face gestures, etc.).
● Confirmed return flight ticket booking
● Birth certificate for minors (Only if you travel with children)
● E-mail address (iVisa needs a valid address to send you a copy of your visa in PDF format).
● Travel itinerary
● Proof of accommodation (Hotel confirmation or a letter from a host).
How long is a Malaysia e-Visa valid for?
The Malaysia Tourist e-Visa is valid for 3 months and you can stay for a maximum of 30 days per visit. How long does it take to process the Malaysia e-Visa? It depends on the processing time you chose. We offer three options:
- Standard Processing Time: 3 business days.
- Rush Processing: 2 business days.
- Super Rush Processing: 1 business day.
What is the cost to obtain a Malaysia e-Visa?
The Malaysia Tourist e-Visa costs 45 USD. Additionally, there is a service fee that costs 35 USD, 30 USD and 50 USD for standard, rush and super rush processing, respectively.
How to apply for a Malaysia e-Visa
With the help and support of iVisa’s application process, you will only have to follow these simple steps:
- Complete your online application
- Receive you e-Visa via email (PDF format)
- Print your e-Visa and present it upon arrival in Malaysia (you will need to present it at the malaysian entry checkpoints).
Malaysia e-Visa sample