It’s always exciting to travel to Europe, especially if you visit mysterious and enigmatic places like Malta. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it can be difficult to enter this nation if you’re not properly informed. Therefore, you should know that to visit Malta you must apply for the Malta Travel Declaration, an electronic authorization that works quite similar to a Health Declaration.
It’s very easy to obtain this document online, and for your convenience, you can learn the Malta COVID-19 Entry Requirements by reading the FAQs below. Plus, you’ll be able to learn how to apply using iVisa.com’s application form, which is an excellent method that won’t take more than 20 minutes of your day!
Avoiding this document can be a bad decision if you plan to travel to Malta because the authorities might deny you entry. Therefore, we recommend that you apply early and consider these FAQs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Malta?
Yes, Malta has been taking steps to restore travel within its borders. In order to enter Malta, you’ll need to display your COVID vaccine passport or vaccination certificate. Approved vaccines are Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna, Janssen. Since information may change quickly, we advise you to follow up on the latest Malta travel updates and/or contact your local embassy.
The current list of COVID-19 vaccination certificates recognized by the Superintendent of Public Health are:
- The Official Maltese vaccination certificate
- The EU Digital COVID vaccination certificate, issued by EU, EEA and non-EU countries connected to the EUDCC gateway
- The United Kingdom NHS (paper or digital) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccination Certificate
- The UAE Vaccine certificate issued by the Dubai Health Authorities with a readable QR Code
- The Turkish Vaccine certificate of full course of vaccination * The United States CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card. As from 1st August 2021 the United States CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card will need to be verified through a specific app to be acceptable as a valid vaccination certificate
- The Serbian “Digital Green Certificate” with a readable QR Code
- The Gibraltar, Jersey and Guernsey vaccination certificate
What is the Malta Travel Declaration?
The Malta Travel Declaration was created by the Public Health department in Malta to permit all travelers to visit this country while the COVID-19 remains. With this travel authorization, immigration officers can track all the travelers visiting the country, and they can avoid the spread of the COVID-19. By having this document on hand, you confirm that you didn’t get positive results for the COVID-19.
Keep in mind that this document will be mandatory by August 22nd, so you must apply for it before entering this European nation.
Take into account that this requirement is required if you’re a Maltese citizen too, but only if you’ve been traveling abroad for several months or in the weeks since the COVID-19 global pandemic began.
How can I check if I’m eligible for this Health Affidavit?
You should remember that every foreign citizen must apply for the Travel Declaration before entering Malta. Nevertheless, if you’re not a citizen from a Maltese visa-free country, then you probably need other requirements too. You can use our Visa Checker Tool to verify this information.
To use this tool, you’ll have to pick your nationality in the drag-down menu and choose ‘Malta’ as the country you want to visit. Then, you’ll just have to wait a few seconds to verify if you need a paper visa, an eVisa, or another type of document aside from the Malta Travel Declaration.
Is it necessary to receive a COVID-19 test to visit Malta?
One of the Malta COVID-19 Entry Requirements is the COVID-19 test, so yes, you need to have it before traveling to this country. Remember that you’ll have to state on the Travel Declaration Form that you didn’t get a positive result for the COVID-19 test. Plus, you’ll also have to declare that you don’t have any symptoms related to the virus and that you didn’t have close encounters with persons infected.
A false declaration will be considered a criminal offense, so beware. If you want to avoid any difficulty at the airport, then take the COVID-19 test and leave proof of it when filling in the declaration.
Do I have to quarantine when I get to Malta?
Once you obtain your Malta Health Declaration Forms and show your negative PCR test result, you will not have to quarantine in Malta. However, if you’re traveling from Bangladesh, Brazil, India, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines or South Africa or are unable to showcase a Covid-19 PCR test result, you’ll have to undergo quarantine for 14 days on arrival.
What are the Malta COVID-19 Entry Requirements?
The Malta Travel Declaration is quite simple to obtain. But, to receive it properly, you have to provide some requirements first. This list can vary if you use another method that’s not iVisa.com’s application form, so keep that in mind. Also, there might be other important requirements on your side like the COVID-19 test.
If you apply with iVisa.com, you’ll need:
- The scanned copy of your passport information page.
- A valid email address where you’ll be able to get this document and other useful information.
- You’ll also need to provide a Paypal or a debit/credit card to pay for the fees.
How much does the Travel Declaration cost?
The exact price of this document isn’t available yet because it can change from traveler to traveler. However, you should know that applying with iVisa.com’s application form is quite convenient if you want to save time and money because you’ll be able to obtain this authorized document really fast for a fair price.
With iVisa.com, you can choose one of these 3 processing times:
- Standard Processing Time: With this option you can have your document in 24 hours by paying the least expensive price (USD 20.00).
- Rush Processing Time: This alternative offers you the document a bit faster (8 hours) but only if you accept to pay more (USD 35.00).
- Super Rush Processing Time: This option allows you to have your Travel Declaration as fast as possible (4 hours), but with the most expensive price (USD 60.00).
How can I apply with iVisa.com?
Applying with iVisa.com’s online form is straightforward because you just have to complete these steps:
- First, complete the questionnaire with your personal information and choose your processing time.
- Second, check the information you previously offered, and pay for the document with the payment method you prefer.
- Third, attach the documents required and click on ‘submit’ to complete.
Click on this link if you’re ready to apply.
Keep in mind that iVisa.com’s customer service center can assist you if you have any trouble while concluding the form.
Is it safe to use iVisa.com’s form?
Something that shouldn’t be forgotten when traveling, especially when you offer information online, it’s security. This might not be one of the Malta COVID-19 entry requirements mentioned before, but it’s still important. Therefore, we want to remind you that our authorized service has a strong security platform that won’t put your personal information in danger. We always ensure that our clients are the most important part of our mission, and part of that is visible with the thousands of positive reviews we received on this link.
Where can I receive more info?
Take into account that the Malta Travel Declaration was recently launched, so there might be other questions on your mind and you shouldn’t feel worried if that’s your case. We can help you if you contact us via chat or if you explore iVisa.com’s blog to read other FAQs.