Traveling to a new foreign country takes quite a bit of consideration, but one of the first things you need to think about when planning a trip to New Zealand is the fact that you may need to get a visa in advance. The good news is, however, that New Zealand has a long list of visa waiver countries, and their citizens are spared the effort of going to an embassy. Even so, as a visa-exempt nationality, you still have to acquire a New Zealand ETA. It was recently introduced, and it becomes mandatory for all visa-exempt nationalities, except Australians, as of October 2019. iVisa created a short and simple application process so that you can get the document with you need without too much effort. If you are interested in finding out more about the New Zealand ETA, you should read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Romania eligible for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes, Romania is a member of the European Union, and all EU citizens are exempt from getting a visa when traveling to New Zealand. Therefore, as a Romanian citizen, you are eligible for a New Zealand ETA, and iVisa can help you get it without too much time and effort.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
When you decide to apply for a New Zealand ETA, the first thing you need to handle is the requirements matter. However, you will be pleased to find out that the list of items you must put together for a successful application is not long, and you may already have everything you need, which is as follows:
- Valid passport – before you decide to start the online application process, you should take a look at your passport’s expiration date and make sure that it stays valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have at least one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – during the application process, you will have to provide your arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, you will receive a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need that number upon arrival.
- Means of online payment – the payment must be made during the online application process. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but feel free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
No. At the same time, you should know that when you use iVisa as your visa service, you are given the possibility to pick the processing time of your application. You are provided with three options so that you can choose the one that best works for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA arrives within 24 hours
- Rush processing – you must wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 30 minutes
How much does a New Zealand ETA cost?
The amount you are charged for a New Zealand ETA depends on the processing speed you select for your application. Basically, the sooner you want your travel document to arrive, the more you have to pay for it. The prices are as follows:
- Standard – USD 57.00
- Rush – USD 77.00
- Super Rush – USD 97.00
For how long is the New Zealand ETA valid?
The validity of a New Zealand ETA is of 2 years after issued since the date of issuance.
How many times can I enter New Zealand with an ETA?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time can I stay in New Zealand with a New Zealand ETA?
You are allowed to stay in New Zealand for a period that cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.