When you plan a trip to New Zealand, there is more to do than packing a bag and booking a flight. You must also take care of the proper documentation. Most nationalities need a visa to enter New Zealand, but some are from visa waiver countries. If that is the case for you, then you should know that you must apply for a New Zealand ETA before departure. The Electronic Travel Authorization was adopted in July 2019, and it is meant for all visa-exempt nationalities, except for Australian citizens. iVisa is ready to help you with the application process so that you do not invest too much time and energy in it. To learn more, you should take a moment and read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Sweden eligible for a New Zealand ETA?
Yes. The citizens of Sweden are exempt from getting a visa when going to New Zealand. Therefore, as a Swedish citizen, you qualify for a New Zealand ETA, and iVisa can help you apply for it with minimal effort.
What are the requirements for a New Zealand ETA?
What you must understand is that before you begin the application process for a New Zealand ETA, you need to make sure that you meet the requirements. As you are about to find out, the list is not long, and besides, you may already have the necessary items. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Valid passport – before you decide to start the online application process, you should take a look at your passport’s expiration date and make sure that it stays valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in New Zealand. It should also have at least one blank page available for stamping
- Travel dates – during the application process, you will have to provide your arrival and departure dates
- E-mail address – as a result of the online application process, you will receive a confirmation with a reference number via e-mail. You will need that number upon arrival.
- Means of online payment – the payment must be made during the online application process. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but feel free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
Not at all. But what you must keep in mind is that when you apply for an ETA with iVisa, you are provided with several options as far as the processing time of your application is concerned. In fact, you get three choices so that you can pick the one that best satisfies your needs:
- Standard processing – your New Zealand ETA arrives within 24 hours
- Rush processing – you must wait 4 hours for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within just 30 minutes
How much does a New Zealand ETA cost?
The cost of a New Zealand ETA depends on the processing speed of your application. So, the faster you want the processing to go, the more you are charged. The prices for each option are listed down below.
- Standard – USD 118.99
- Rush – USD 169.99
- Super Rush – USD 208.99
For how long is the New Zealand ETA valid?
The New Zealand ETA has a validity of 2 years after issued since issuance.
How many times can I enter New Zealand with an ETA?
The New Zealand ETA is a Multiple Entry document.
How much time can I stay in New Zealand with a New Zealand ETA?
You are allowed to remain in New Zealand for a period that cannot exceed 90 days Per Entry.