When you apply for a New Zealand visa, you need to make sure that you meet all the requirements. One of those requirements involves visual identification. In other words, you have to offer one or several pictures of yourself. The number of photos depends on your application method. For example, if you apply at an embassy, you need two passport-sized photos. However, when you apply online you need just one.
Remember that it’ll also depend on the type of document. In this article, we’ll be talking about the New Zealand Visa Photograph Size, especially if you apply for an ETA, as it’s the document you can get online.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a New Zealand ETA?
The New Zealand Tourist eTa (NZ Electronic Travel Authority) is an electronic visa-free system that offers you the right to enter New Zealand multiple times. This document isn’t the same as a Paper Visa because it’s available only for visa-free nations.
With an ETA, you don’t need to make an appointment or present original items to the Embassy or Consular Office.
What documents do I need to apply for the New Zealand ETA?
- Passport: you have to make sure that the document is valid for at least another 3 months from your date of departure from New Zealand.
- Digital photo: this passport-sized picture needs to be as recent as possible and meet all the other guidelines for a professional photo. We’ll give you more details about it below.
- Means of payment: the ETA isn’t free, so you have to pay for the fees using Paypal or debit/credit cards.
- E-mail address: at iVisa.com, we always send you the ETA via e-mail in PDF format. We recommend you print a few copies the day you travel.
What is the New Zealand Visa Photograph Size?
As for the New Zealand visa photograph size, it depends on where you submit your application. When you go to the nearest New Zealander embassy or consulate, you have to present two passport-sized photos. Typically, the passport-size photo measures 2 by 2 inches.
Of course, you won’t be taking those pictures yourself. You’ll have to use a professional, and they should know exactly what you need. You only should disclose the purpose of the photo. The rest is out of your hands.
Why should I use iVisa.com to get my passport-sized photo?
On the other hand, when you use iVisa.com’s passport photo service, the process gets easier. You only have to provide a digital photo of yourself with certain requirements, and we’ll do the rest.
These are the only things you have to consider when using iVisa.com’s passport photo service:
- Background: the photo should be taken against a clear background, the whitest possible. We can help you with this matter if the background is not 100% white, but at least make sure that it’s plain and light.
- Facial expression: the only face gesture accepted for a visa picture is a neutral expression. Your mouth needs to be closed, and you cannot squint or frown.
- Head position: your face should look directly at the camera. You cannot rotate or tilt it.
- Lighting: the face must be illuminated by the camera’s flash. As for red eyes or other similar issues, we can help you with that.
- Glasses: you should take your glasses off when you have your picture taken. You cannot risk any glare.
- Headwear: the only situation in which headwear is accepted is when the person needs it for religious purposes. Even so, the face must be visible from the tip of the chin to the top of the forehead.
As long as you follow the rules listed above, you can submit your photo here and we’ll make sure that it follows the rest of the visa guidelines so you can get your document ready.
Remember that this service is useful not only for the New Zealand ETA, but also for the New Zealand visa in case you go to the embassy. However, we still recommend you use our visa checker to verify what document you need to enter New Zealand.
What do I need to process my photo on iVisa.com?
We mentioned the main requirements above, but if you’re still unsure about it, then consider the following about your photo:
- Format – JPEG/PDF.
- The height and width of the photo must be equal.
- Photo should present Full face, front view, eyes open.
- Center head within frame and present full head from the top of hair to bottom of the chin.
- The background should be a plain light-colored or white background.
- No shadows on the face or on the background.
- Without borders.
What is the price of the New Zealand ETA?
If you’re eligible for a New Zealand ETA, you’ll be able to choose one of the following processing options with iVisa.com:
- Standard Procedure Time: you wait 24 hours for your ETA if you pay USD 57.00.
- Rush Procedure Time: it only takes 4 hours to get your document ready and it costs USD 77.00.
- Super Rush Procedure Time: this processing time is the fastest one so it costs USD 97.00 but you’d wait only 30 minutes.
How can I apply for the New Zealand ETA with iVisa.com?
The process has only three steps:
- The first step is to choose your processing time and also fill in the form with basic details.
- The second step is to review the information in step one and make the payment.
- The third and last step is to upload the photo and other documents to the form and submit it.
Is it safe to use iVisa.com?
You can feel safe when using our online services because we have top-notch software that doesn’t risk any detail in our database. Plus, our clients have been quite satisfied with our platform and you can check that here.
Where can I get more information about the New Zealand Visa Photograph Size?
If you want to learn more about the New Zealand Visa Photograph Size or the New Zealand ETA, click here. Don’t forget to chat with us if you have doubts about the ETA or any other travel document we offer.