There are several different types of visas that are available to travelers planning to visit the Schengen Area. Visas are offered for the purposes of tourism, work, school, research, and more. Depending on the visa type, you may be granted extended stay, multiple entry, or other amenities. How much you are charged will depend on the visa that you apply for, your age, and your reasons for traveling. Check with your local embassy for the full amount that you will need to pay for your visa or to see if you are exempt from paying the visa fee.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where Do I Pay for My Visa?
You will pay for your visa when you turn in your application at your local embassy/consulate.
What Payment Methods Can I Use to Pay for My Visa?
This will depend on the embassy/consulate that you go to. Most embassies accept debit cards, credit cards, and cash. Check with the embassy before you go in to make sure you arrive with whatever payment form they will accept.
What Does the Cost of the Visa Include?
The cost that you will pay at the embassy when you turn in your application includes the price of the visa, the visa application fee and any other processing fees involved with the application process.
Who Is Exempt from Paying for a Visa?
You are exempt from paying for your visa if any of the following apply to you:
- You are under the age of 6
- You hold a diplomatic, official, or service passport and you are travelling for official purposes
- You are a family member of an EU/EEA national
- You are student who is on a school trip with your teacher(s)
- You are a researcher who is travelling to the Schengen area for the purposes of scientific research
Please note that you may also be exempt from payment requirements if you are 25 or younger, and you are participating in/attending an event that is hosted by a nonprofit. These are reviewed on a case by case basis, depending on the event's relevance.
What Is the Refund Policy?
Your visa application is handled by your local Polish embassy. According to Poland and the Schengen area's current policies, all fees paid to the embassy for visas are nonrefundable. If your application is rejected, you will not receive a refund.
What Do I Need to Bring When I Go to the Embassy to Submit My Application?
Before you go to the embassy, set up an appointment for the interview portion of the application process. When you go to the embassy, you will need to bring the following with you:
- Printed confirmation of your scheduled interview appointment.
- Current valid passport.
- 2 recent photos. Photos must be taken with a white background and can have no obstructions (glasses, hats, etc.) covering your face or ears. Additionally, the photos cannot be more than 6 months old and must be 5x5 inches.
- Bank statements for the last 3 months to show that you have more than enough money to cover the expenses of your trip (unless you are being sponsored by a company/institution).
- Accommodation details (hotel reservation or invitation letter).
- Medical Insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros.
- Payment for your application