Learn More: Tourist ETA
This content was updated in May 2022.
Currently, any traveler needs a special permit to travel to Sri Lanka, the Sri Lanka Tourist ETA. This process is straightforward, as long as you have the support of some experts in the subject who can facilitate the process and help you apply for the travel document without any problem and in the shortest possible time.
It is important to remember that the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) system allows travelers to visit Sri Lanka through a completely electronic application process. With this document, you won't have to visit the nearest Sri Lankan embassy. Instead, this Sri Lankan visa is an official authorization for short-term visits to Sri Lanka. Here, you will find all the information you need about the Sri Lanka travel document, passport information, application, prices, and when to apply.
ETA Sri Lanka - Sri Lanka travel requirements
At iVisa.com, we make applying for your travel document an easy process. Our expert staff is here to help you travel smoothly and enter Sri Lanka.
Don't forget that you can always contact our experts with any questions about this travel document or other things about the country. For example, you can ask them about the climate, destinations, prices, processes, and COVID-19 restrictions.
What is a Sri Lanka Visa - An essential travel certificate?
Sri Lanka's Electronic Travel Authorization is an official document that allows travelers to enter Sri Lanka for tourism.
This fully electronic travel document helps border agents control travelers' entry into the country. And you may be wondering, do I have to visit the Sri Lankan consulate to get my tourist visa?
Fortunately, the answer is no. Once approved, we will send you your travel document by email in PDF format, and you will be able to present this document digitally or in hard copy at the country's border.
However, iVisa.com recommends downloading all your travel documents to your cell phone. This way, you will be able to present them without any problem.
Which nationalities are eligible for the Sri Lanka Tourist ETA?
This authorization allows a group of countries to enter Sri Lanka and travel for tourism. If you are a resident of the following countries, you must contact one of our experts to start the process.
These countries are:
|Antigua and Barbuda||Argentina||Armenia||Aruba||Australia|
|Bermuda||Bhutan||Bolivia||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Botswana|
|Brazil||Brunei Darussalam||Bulgaria||Burkina Faso||Burundi|
|Cambodia||Canada||Cape Verde||Cayman Islands||Central African Republic|
|Congo||Cook Islands||Costa Rica||Côte d'Ivoire||Croatia|
|Dominica||Dominican Republic||Ecuador||Egypt||El Salvador|
|Equatorial Guinea||Eritrea||Estonia||Ethiopia||Faroe Islands|
|New Caledonia||New Zealand||Nicaragua||Niger||Norfolk Island|
|Papua New Guinea||Paraguay||Peru||Philippines||Poland|
|Russia||Rwanda||Saint Kitts and Nevis||Saint Lucia||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Samoa||San Marino||São Tomé and Príncipe||Saudi Arabia||Senegal|
|Serbia||Sierra Leone||Slovakia||Slovenia||Solomon Islands|
|Somalia||South Africa||South Sudan||Spain||Sudan|
|Tonga||Trinidad and Tobago||Tunisia||Turkey||Turkmenistan|
|Turks and Caicos Islands||Tuvalu||Uganda||Ukraine||United Arab Emirates|
|United Kingdom||United States||Uruguay||Uzbekistan||Vanuatu|
Did you find yours in this list of countries? Contact us!
How long is the Sri Lanka Tourist ETA valid? - Can I use it as a multiple entry visa?
This document is valid for 180 days after issued. This means you can enter Sri Lanka within 180 days of its issuance.
This electronic visa is a Double Entry, not a multiple-entry visa, and allows a maximum stay of 30 days in Total. In other words, you can use it twice within 180 days and stay for a maximum of 1 month.
What do I need to apply online for the Sri Lanka Visa?
The ETA Sri Lanka online application is easier than you think. iVisa.com has designed a short and straightforward process for the Sri Lanka ETA requirements.
The company does the heavy lifting, but you must provide the correct information and documents to start the process.
To do this, you need to upload the following documents:
- Passport validity - You must have a passport valid for at least another six months beyond your arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Digital photo - Make sure the photo is as recent as possible and meets the standards of the travel document.
- A valid email address - iVisa.com will email you your document in PDF format, so you must provide an email address.
- Means of Payment - You will be asked to make a payment. iVisa.com accepts credit or debit cards.
Once you have filled out the form, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not find it in your inbox, it may be in SPAM. You only need to show or print one copy.
Do I need the ETA if I am transiting through Sri Lanka?
Yes! As one of the Sri Lankan government entry regulations is that when entering Sri Lanka, you must carry this travel document, whether for stay or transit. This document is required whether you are traveling for 30 days, one day, or just a few hours at the airport.
How do I obtain the Sri Lanka Tourist ETA online?
To continue the online process for this tourist visa with us, follow these steps from any electronic device.
The steps are as follows:
- Step 1 - Complete the iVisa.com questionnaire with your personal information. You will also be asked about your COVID-19 status and health insurance.
- Step 2 - Choose one of our processing times depending on your travel budget. Then, attach the required documents and confirm payment.
- Step 3 - Finally, accept the process and wait for the confirmation email.
Be very careful when following the steps in the process. If you make a mistake with your data and click "OK" to finish, you will not be able to request a new form until the current process is completed.
What's the cost of the Sri Lanka Visa?
iVisa.com has prepared three Sri Lanka ETA processing time alternatives for you to choose from:
- Standard Processing Time: 5 days - USD 86.99.
- Rush Processing Time: 3 days - USD 128.99.
- Super Rush Processing Time: 24 hours - USD 178.99.
Remember that this document is only available for short-term visits. In case you want to live or work in Sri Lanka, you may need to apply for another type of visa.
Do children also need to complete the Sri Lanka Visa?
All official passport holders must present this travel document at the border. In addition, parents must complete this form for their children. On the other hand, if the child is not traveling with their parents, a duly notarized and signed authorization letter must be included.
See a sample of what the Sri Lanka ETA looks like
If I already possess a valid Tourist Visa, can I apply for a new one?
No. It is impossible to obtain a new ETA with the same passport until the entry permit expires. However, if you lose the passport with your visa, you can apply for a new one, but of the same type. For example, you can only apply for a tourist visa if you already have a valid tourist visa.
You are probably also wondering: Can I work in Sri Lanka with a tourist visa? The answer is No.
In addition, you cannot have two types of ETA simultaneously. So, for example, a passport can only have one type of valid visa associated with it. In other words, you cannot get a business visa if you already have a tourist visa.
When should I apply for my ETA Sri Lanka?
All responsible travelers must request their documents well in advance. At iVisa.com, we have different processing times depending on your travel needs and budget.
We provide a worry-free ETA application service. We also ensure that your application is processed and completed within the necessary timeframe, so you have no problems when traveling.
Sri Lanka entry requirements COVID-19
Do I need a COVID-19 Vaccine to enter Sri Lanka?
No! As of today, passports or COVID vaccination certificates are no longer required to enter Sri Lanka. So now, if you are fully vaccinated, you are exempt from testing and quarantine requirements.
Any type of vaccination accepted by the country of origin will be accepted. You are considered vaccinated if all doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered at least two weeks prior to travel.
Since information can change rapidly, we advise you to check for the latest information days before your trip.
Do I need a negative COVID 19 PCR Test?
Unvaccinated travelers arriving from the United States must present a negative PCR or antigen test result. These must be performed 72 hours for PCR and 48 hours for antigen testing prior to departure to Sri Lanka.
Fully vaccinated travelers with valid vaccination certificates do not have to submit a negative COVID-19 test.
Do I need to quarantine in a COVID-19 free government health facility upon arrival?
Fully vaccinated or unvaccinated travelers have no quarantine requirements to enter and travel around Sri Lanka. However, Travelers must pay for COVID-19 local travel insurance at USD 12 with coverage of USD 75,000 for up to 1 month.
What else should I keep in mind about Sri Lanka? - Visit Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is a small country, but with quite a lot of variations of weather within it. Because of its tropical climate, temperatures are pleasant all year round. However, before visiting the country, we have to be clear about which area we are interested in.
The best time to visit the southwest is from December to April, while the northeast is best visited from April to September. In Sri Lanka, you can find tourist destinations such as the ancient kingdom of Ceylon, ancient cities, paradisiacal beaches, and wonderful mountains.
Who can I speak to if I have more questions?
Required Documents to Apply
Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
iVisa.com is a legitimate company and is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). For more information see FAQs below.
All visitors must have COVID 19 travel/medical insurance up to 50,000 USD with one month cover
Unvaccinated travelers must have a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours before departure or a negative antigen test taken within 48 hours of departure to Sri Lanka.
The ETA is limited to 30 days in Total of stay in Sri Lanka from the date of arrival, and allows for two (2) entries.
Important: The validity of the Visa for the two entries is 30 days and starts on the first arrival date. This means the departure date for the second entry must be within 30 days of the first arrival date.
The information entered will be sent electronically to DI&E (Department of Immigration & Emigration) and we will send your Sri Lanka ETA online via email.
Travelers who want to visit Sri Lanka must have a passport valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of entry.
We suggest passengers verify the information, print it out, and bring a physical copy on their trip. The check-in staff at the airports can also verify the registration on their system. However, we highly recommend that clients keep a copy available on a personal electronic device in addition to carrying a printed copy.
You cannot obtain a new ETA while you are in Sri Lanka, regardless of whether your current ETA is valid or expired.
Nationals of yellow fever affected countries must carry a yellow fever vaccination card at the time of arrival in Sri Lanka. See yellow fever risk countries here.
NOTE: Citizens of the Republic of Singapore, the Republic of Maldives and the Republic of Seychelles are exempt from obtaining this visa (meaning they can travel there without applying for a visa)
Was this page helpful?
Our customers have great stories about us
Is iVisa.com a legitimate company?
Our Company is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and has a validated IATA Agency Code. If you want to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Remember that the customer service team at iVisa.com is here 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about our service.
Why buy a COVID-19 self-testing kit? (US residents only)
The eMed self-test COVID-19 kit includes 6 rapid antigen tests that meet major US airline's entry requirements- perfect for travelers on round-trip journeys from the United States!
Order your test kit before your trip and it will be delivered to your home address for easy testing, anywhere, anytime. The Certified Guide will help you get results in 15 minutes on the NAVICA app. Get the eMed self-test COVID-19 kit for $150- that’s only $25 per test.
Can I extend my stay beyond the 30-day limit?
Yellow fever vaccination requirements to travel to Sri Lanka
A yellow fever vaccine is required if traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.
More information in the following link:
Before applying for the Tourist ETA , do I need to book a flight?
What are the advantages of applying for a Tourist ETA?
Do I need to get separate Tourist ETAs for my children?
Learn more about Sri Lanka Tourism
Where can I read more?
- Sri Lanka visa for Egyptian
- What is the Sri Lanka ETA?
- SRI LANKA e-VISA FOR UK CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF SOUTH AFRICA
- Sri Lanka visa processing time
- Sri Lanka Visa Extension for Foreigners
- SRI LANKA EVISA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Sri Lanka visa on arrival for Indian passport holders
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR U.S. CITIZENS
- Sri Lanka visa requirements for Australian citizens
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF THE PHILIPPINES
- Sri Lanka transit visa for Indian citizens
- Sri Lanka Vaccination Requirement: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Sri Lanka?
- Sri Lanka Visa for Indians - Ultimate Tourist Visa Guide
- SRI LANKA TRANSIT VISA REQUIREMENTS
- How Citizens of Germany Can Enter Sri Lanka During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of India Can Enter Sri Lanka During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of China Can Enter Sri Lanka During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of Russia Can Enter Sri Lanka During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of the United Kingdom Can Enter Sri Lanka During Coronavirus
- Sri Lanka COVID entry requirements
- Sri Lanka COVID rules for tourists
- Sri Lanka COVID entry restrictions
- SRI LANKA 14 DAY QUARANTINE REQUIREMENT
- How can I get the Sri Lanka 14 day quarantine requirement?
- Sri Lanka Tourist ETA error
- Sri Lanka Visa for Chinese citizens
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR MALIAN
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Georgia
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Turkey
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Lebanon
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Indonesia
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Denmark
- Is there a Sri Lanka transit visa on arrival?
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Croatia
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Finland
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Spain
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Austria
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR IVORIANS
- Can I get a Sri Lanka transit visa at Colombo Airport?
- Sri Lanka Tourist and Business visa fees for Indian citizens
- Sri Lanka visa for Indian citizens
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR SYRIANS
- Sri Lanka transit visa for Pakistani citizens
- How to apply for a Sri Lanka transit visa online
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF PAKISTAN
- SRI LANKA VISAS FOR NEW ZEALAND CITIZENS
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Colombia
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR RUSSIAN CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA ONLINE VISA FEE
- How to do a Sri Lanka visa check
- CAN I GET A SRI LANKA VISA IN DUBAI?
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR PORTUGUESE CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR FRENCH CITIZENS
- Sri Lanka visa for Malaysian citizens
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR BISSAU GUINEAN
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Bangladesh
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Qatar
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF JAPAN
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Canada
- Sri Lanka Tourist visa fees
- CAN THE CITIZENS OF MALAYSIA GET A TRANSIT VISA FOR SRI LANKA ONLINE?
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR UGANDA CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR SUDANESE
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR KENYANS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR GUINEAN
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR GABONESE
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Germany
- HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO GET A SRI LANKA VISA?
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR SOUTH KOREAN CITIZENS
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF ISRAEL
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF POLAND
- Sri Lanka Visa for Yemeni citizens
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Ukraine
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Bhutan
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Greece
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF HONG KONG
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF ROMANIA
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF MOROCCO
- Sri Lanka Business Visa for the citizens of UK
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Ireland
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of Kuwait
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of New Zealand
- Sri Lanka visa for the citizens of UAE
- Sri Lanka visa for Vietnamese citizens
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR NEPALESE CITIZENS
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Bahamas
- SRI LANKA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF ITALY
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of Sweden
- Sri Lanka Visa for the citizens of the Netherlands
- How to apply for a Sri Lanka visa as a US citizen
- Sri Lanka visa photo size
- Can I get a multiple entry visa for Sri Lanka?
- Where can I get a Sri Lanka visit visa?
- Sri Lanka visa charges and price
- Sri Lanka visa - apply online for an ETA!
- Is an ETA available only on the Sri Lanka visa official website?
- Information about the Sri Lanka visa process
- How to obtain a Sri Lanka holiday visa
- How to obtain a Sri Lanka Business Visa online
- How to find the best Sri Lanka visa services or agents
- How to apply for a Sri Lanka tourist visa online
- How to apply for a Sri Lanka entry visa online-
- Everything you need to know about the Sri Lanka application form
- Can I get a Sri Lanka visa for business purposes?
- Can I get a Sri Lanka tourist visa online?
- Everything about the future Sri Lanka transit visa application