Learn More: Health Authorization
The health authorities of Sint Maarten have introduced the Health Authorization as a mandatory travel document required to enter the country. This document will allow you to visit Sint Maarten by enabling tracing and limiting the health risks related to traveling during the COVID-19 pandemic.
WHO CAN ENTER SINT MAARTEN WITH THIS DOCUMENT?
The Sint Maarten Health Authorization is for all travelers older who wish to enter the country, regardless of whether they are traveling by air, ship, or as transit travelers. This document is available through an online form. Children can be included on their parent/guardian’s application.
GET THE SINT MAARTEN HEALTH AUTHORIZATION
iVisa.com can help you to obtain St. Maarten Health Authorization in the easiest and fastest way possible. To do so, simply fill in an online form. Take into account that passengers from medium and high-risk countries must present a COVID-19 PCR test result taken within 72 hours prior to departure to Sint Maarten. Alternatively, American and Canadian citizens can provide antigen test results taken within 48 hours of the trip. Travelers coming from a low-risk country and children under age of 11 are exempt from testing.
Low-risk countries: Anguilla, Barbados, Bonaire, Cayman Islands, China, Grenada, Hong Kong, Montserrat, New Zealand, Saba, Singapore, St. Barthelemy, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, St. Eustatius, Turks and Caicos
Banned Countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, French Guyana, Guyana, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, South Africa, Surinam, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela (Sint Maarten/Saint Martin/Saba/St. Eustatius residents are exempted from the travel ban).
DISPLAY THE FORM
As soon as we complete the application process, we’ll send this document straight to your email before your trip, so you’ll be able to show it to the border control officers once you arrive in the country. You’ll also receive a QR code that must be shown to airline staff to confirm your negative test results.
You can read up-to-date information on specific quarantine rules in Sint Maarten in the FAQs below.
Required Documents to Apply
Airline Confirmation (if applicable)
Negative pre-departure COVID-19 test result (if applicable)
Medical proof of COVID-19 vaccination (if applicable)
Selfie holding the physical credit card used for the transaction is needed to verify payment. Only the last 4 digits of the credit card must be visible in the picture. Only one image is needed per order. (if applicable)
The St. Maarten Health Authorization is part of the required documents you will need to enter Sint Maarten, it DOES NOT replace a visa. If your country requires a visa, the immigration officers will ask for your visa when you enter Sint Maarten. Keep in mind some nationalities will require a paper visa. If that is your case, we suggest you visit your local embassy.
All travelers must fill out the Sint Maarten Health Authorization. Without the health authorization, entry into the country will be denied by the immigration authorities.
You are required to print and carry this Sint. Maarten Health Authorization, as you will be required to present it at the point of entry.
There is no quarantine requirement for any traveler to St. Maarten however, arrivals from high risk countries are required to enter self-monitoring temperature information through an email link during the first 5 days of their stay.
Medical insurance coverage is required for visitors going to Sint Maarten. Travelers in transit and children aged 10 and under are exempt. Also, it is highly recommended to get travel insurance that covers COVID-19 related expenses.
Check the FAQs below to find out whether you will need to upload a negative COVID-19 PCR test result to travel to Sint Maarten.
The approved vaccines are Pfizer, Moderna, Astrazeneca and Johnson & Johnson.
Our customers have great stories about us
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you don't. COVID vaccination passports or certificates are not mandatory to enter Sint Maarten, however fully vaccinated travelers may be obliged to provide proof of vaccination.
The approved vaccines are Pfizer, Moderna, Astrazeneca and Johnson & Johnson. You are considered vaccinated if all doses of a vaccine against SARS-Cov-2 have been administered for at least two weeks before traveling.
- Travelers from low-risk countries are exempt from testing requirements. It’s obligatory that all other travelers older than 10 years of age have a negative COVID-19 PCR test result from an authorized medical lab. The test should be taken within 72 hours prior to departure to Sint Maarten. US and Canadian travelers can take an antigen test no more than 48 hours before arrival.
- Low-risk countries: Anguilla, Barbados, Bonaire, Cayman Islands, China, Grenada, Hong Kong, Montserrat, New Zealand, Saba, Singapore, St. Barthelemy, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, St. Eustatius, Turks and Caicos.
- Banned Countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, French Guyana, Guyana, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, South Africa, Surinam, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela (Sint Maarten/Saint Martin/Saba/St. Eustatius residents are exempted from the travel ban).
- Standard Processing: 24 hours - USD 50.00.
- Rush Processing: 12 hours - USD 65.00.
- Super Rush Processing: 8 hours - USD 90.00.
- Sint Maarten Vaccination Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Sint Maarten?
- WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ST. MAARTEN COVID-19 TESTING REQUIREMENTS
- ALL ABOUT HOW CITIZENS OF CANADA CAN VISIT ST. MAARTEN DURING CORONAVIRUS
- HOW CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES CAN VISIT ST. MAARTEN DURING CORONAVIRUS EASILY
- LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW CITIZENS OF FRANCE CAN VISIT ST. MAARTEN DURING CORONAVIRUS
- LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW CITIZENS OF THE NETHERLANDS CAN VISIT ST. MAARTEN DURING CORONAVIRUS