Get Your Schengen Visa Application for Sweden Online Now!
This content was updated in August 2022
Sweden, "The Heart of Scandinavia," is famous for its breathtaking passages, colorful villages and fishing villages, the land of the reindeer, and endless summer sun. A country of culture and beautiful cities. It is also famous worldwide for several reasons: Saab and Volvo cars, the musical group ABBA and the home of the IKEA megastore.
If visiting Sweden is on your wishlist, you should have all the information you need to obtain your swedish schengen visa; our excellent iVisa executives will be able to guide you and help you with everything you need.
To obtain all the necessary information, you must review all the questions below. We have an easy Schengen visa application form to process your visa, and our professionals will help you solve any doubts you may have.
Get Your Schengen Visa Application for Sweden Online Now
What is the Schengen Visa Application for Sweden?
The Swedish Schengen Visa is a short-term visa that facilitates entry and border controls to the 26 countries that comprise the Schengen Area, including Sweden.
The Sweden Schengen visa is not currently available, but will become mandatory in May 2023 and when it does you won't have to visit a Swedish embassy, you will be able to apply online with iVisa directly.
Keep reading for all you need to know about the Sweden Schengen Visa requirements.
Who is eligible for the Schengen Visa Application for Sweden?
Sweden is a member of the Schengen Area, allowing those with a Swedish Schengen visa freedom to enter the other Schengen countries:
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and the Czech Republic.
Some countries are not part of the European Union. But they are part of the Schengen States. These countries are Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein.
Countries that are not part of the Schengen area and do not have a visa-free travel agreement need to obtain a Sweden Schengen Visa to enter Sweden for tourism or business purposes and short-term family visits:
|Cambodia||Cameroon||Cape Verde||Central African Republic||Chad|
|Democratic Republic of the Congo||Djibouti||Dominican Republic||Ecuador||Egypt|
|Nigeria||North Korea||Northern Marianas||Oman||Pakistan|
|Papua New Guinea||Palestinian Authority||Philippines||Qatar||Russia|
|Rwanda||São Tomé and Príncipe||Saudi Arabia||Senegal||Sierra Leone|
|Somalia||South Africa||South Sudan||Sri Lanka||Sudan|
You can visit any Swedish embassy to find out the status of your nationality or use our iVisa Visa Checker widget to find out if you need a visa for your nationality.
Finally, suppose your country is not on this list; it is not part of the Schengen countries or the European Union. In that case you probably currently have a visa waiver agreement with the Schengen countries and you will have to apply for a Sweden ETIAS after May 2023.
How long is the Swedish Schengen Visa valid for?
The 90/180 rule states that a person may stay in Sweden for a maximum of 90 days in 180 days. Depending on the selected time frame, this Schengen visa is valid for either 1-5 years and grants you the option of single or multiple entries. The government or Swedish embassy issues the exact visa at its discretion. Additionally, it is important not to stay longer in any of the Schengen countries because it may affect the outcome when you apply for your next visa.
Sweden Schengen Visa requirements and required documents for the Sweden Visa application?
Essential documents are required to apply for a Sweden Schengen Visa. iVisa will ask you to fill out the complete application and submit the documents requested below:
- Visa application form - Fill out the form and answer the questions checking that the answers are correct.
- Valid passport - Issued within the last 10 years and valid for at least 3 months beyond departure date. It must have previous visas and at least 2 blank pages.
- Digital Photo - You must attach 2 photos in passport format, which should be 35 mm in width and 45 mm in height, with a recent photo no older than 6 months and a white background. The photo must be in color, and the facial features must be clear and sharp. If you do not have a recent photo, we can offer you the passport photo service so that you can obtain one as soon as possible.
- Complete travel itinerary - Airline tickets specifying flights and travel date showing that you intend to leave the country before the visa expires.
- Travel medical insurance - You need health insurance with a minimum coverage of EUR 30,000 in case of accident or illness, which can be used in Sweden and throughout the Schengen area. European travelers can apply for a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).
- Letter of invitation - If you are traveling to visit family or friends, you need an invitation letter with the address and telephone number of the house where you will be staying.
- Hotel reservation - If you are traveling for tourism, you will need a hotel reservation where you will stay. And if you are taking a tour with a travel agency, you may request the travel itinerary from the tour operator.
- Proof of financial means- Demonstrate that you have the financial means for the duration of your stay; you must have at least EUR 48.26 per day available. You also have to provide a bank statement from your bank for the last 6 months.
- A valid email address - The great thing about electronic visas is that you receive the document you apply for in digital format. That is why you must indicate your email address so we can send it in PDF format.
- Credit or debit card for payment - Any credit or debit card. iVisa accepts all major credit and debit cards. We cannot accept cash payments.
Do I need a Schengen Visa for Sweden to transit through the Schengen Area?
No permit is required for a stopover in Sweden, but you must comply with the following requirements:
- You may not leave the airport area.
- You must have the necessary documentation for your last arrival point.
How do I apply for the Schengen Visa Application for Sweden with iVisa?
All set to get your short stay Sweden Schengen Visa? Applying for a visa is simple and won't take more than 15 minutes, no need to visit any Swedish embassy. At iVisa, our professionals can guide you through the process by following these simple steps.
- Step 1: - Fill out the form, taking the time to answer the questions. Then, take a scanned copy of all the documents you need to submit.
- Step 2: - Review the form thoroughly to ensure there are no errors and choose the processing time you want. We offer 3 excellent options.
- Step 3: - Finally, upload the documents, make the payment, and submit the form with the visa requirements documents.
We will email you the approved application within the selected time frame.
What is the visa fee and the processing times of the Schengen Visa for Sweden?
Processing a visa will take approximately 15 days, but in exceptional cases, it can take up to 30 or 60 days. If you want to obtain your Sweden visa in less time, iVisa offers you these three options, depending on your travel plans.
- Standard Processing Option: If you are not in a hurry to travel, it is the most cost-effective option.
- Rush Processing Option: It is faster service, and you get it in less time.
- Super Rush Processing Option: Ideal for last-minute trips.
The total visa fee you pay with iVisa will include both processing and Government fees.
Do minors need a Schengen Visa for Sweden?
Minors under 18 also need a valid visa to visit Sweden. Both parents must fill out the form separately for each minor. The additional documents you need to send are:
- Copy of both parents' passports.
- Copy of the child's birth certificate.
- If the minor travels with only one parent, an authorization letter signed by one of the parents is required.
COVID-19 requirements or restrictions
Do I need to take a COVID-19 test before traveling to Sweden?
The COVID-19 test is no longer required to enter this Schengen country. However, you may be asked to submit a random COVID-19 test upon arrival. If you test positive, you should follow the instructions of the health officer.
Do I need to bring a vaccination certificate before traveling to Sweden?
They may ask for proof of vaccination upon entering the Schengen country. Therefore, it is preferable to travel with your vaccination card.
Do I need to quarantine when I get to Sweden?
There is no quarantine for people traveling to Sweden.
What else should I know about Sweden?
Let's start with Sweden's capital, Stockholm. With its welcoming climate and Venetian atmosphere, you can enjoy impressive buildings, historic churches, and romantic cobblestone streets in this city. Then, close to Stockholm, you can visit castles such as Gripsholm Castle on the shores of Lake Mälaren, majestic and fairytale-like, over the small town of Mariefred.
The city offers several year-round activities, with 14 islands, famous museums, and outdoor cafés. Be sure to visit the famous Ice Bar, a unique bar covered in blocks of ice, where you can sit on a throne of ice and enjoy delicious cocktails.
One of the adrenaline-filled winter attractions is alpine skiing, which is mainly practiced in the Stockholm region. However, between the cities of Gislaved and Jonkoping, you can find the famous Isaberg mountain, where you can enjoy an unforgettable snow experience.
Abisko National Park, located at the top of the mountain, offers a magical light show in the form of spirals, arches, or crowns of pink, green, and purple tones known as Aurora Borealis. A wonder of nature that you will never forget. They can be seen anytime between September and early April.
Lastly, the ecclesiastical town Gammelstad, which means "Old Town," is one of the best preserved religious towns in Scandinavia near Lulea and is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Gammelstad Church is the largest medieval church in northern Sweden.
Where can I contact you?
Our qualified advisors from the customer service team will be able to assist you with any doubts or questions about how to apply for a visa . They are available 24 hours a day, or write to us at [email protected].
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Japan
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Honduras: Tell me more
- Sweden ETIAS for citizens of Uruguay
- Så skaffar du ett svenskt Covidbevis
- Sweden digital COVID certificate
- How Travelers Can Obtain Sweden Visa Extension
- Sweden (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of Russia with Ease
- Sweden (Schengen) Visa for Citizens of China Is Easy To Get
- Sweden ETIAS For Citizens Of Serbia: A Step-by-Step Guide
- An Introduction to Sweden ETIAS For Citizens Of Peru
- Sweden schengen visa duration: Conditions
- Sweden Schengen visa fee: Analysis
- Sweden Schengen Visa for Citizens of NIGERIA: Requirements
- Sweden Schengen Visa for Citizens of Dominican Republic
- Importance of the Sweden Schengen visa for Citizens of Haiti
- Obtaining the Sweden Schengen visa for Citizens of Pakistan
- Sweden Schengen Visa for Citizens of India: Explanation
- Access the Sweden Schengen visa for citizens of Afghanistan
- Schengen visa invitation letter Sweden
- Does Sweden accept a Schengen visa?
- Sweden Schengen visa requirements
- Sweden schengen visa processing time
- Sweden ETIAS for citizens of Vanuatu
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of United Arab Emirates: A guide
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Tuvalu
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Trinidad and Tobago
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Tonga: How to Get It
- Sweden ETIAS for Citiznes of Timor: Learn More About It
- Sweden ETIAS for Citzens of Taiwan: Check Requirements
- Sweden ETIAS of Citizens of Montenegro: The Ultimate Handbook
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Micronesia: A Simplified Guide
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Marshall Islands
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Macao: A Detailed Pocket Guide
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Kiribati: A comprehensive guide
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Grenada: The Ultimate Guide
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Brunei: Everything To Know
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Bahamas: General Information
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Antigua and Barbuda
- What you need to know about the Sweden ETIAS Requirements
- Learn more about Sweden ETIAS requirements for Citizens of Israel
- Check the Sweden ETIAS requirements for Citizens of Mexico
- Sweden ETIAS application for Citizens of Guatemala
- Can the citizens of Brazil apply for a Sweden ETIAS?
- Can the Citizens of Australia apply for the Sweden ETIAS?
- How can I get the Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Ukraine?
- How can I get the Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Canada?
- How to get the Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of United States of America
- Sweden ETIAS for citizens of New Zealand: It’s Easier Than You Knew
- Sweden ETIAS for citizens of Mauritius:All You Need to Know
- Sweden ETIAS for citizens of Malaysia: You Need to Know
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Hong Kong
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Georgia
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of South Korea: The importance of the ETIAS
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Singapore: Travel to Europe with your ETIAS
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Paraguay: How does the ETIAS work?
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Panama: How to get your ETIAS
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Macedonia: Learn about the ETIAS before your trip
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Nicaragua: Get your ETIAS info!
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Moldova: Do you know about etias?
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Dominica: What you would need to visit Sweden
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Barbados: Know the basics
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Albania: Learn more about ETIAS
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Costa Rica: What does Sweden have to offer?
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Colombia: What do I need to apply?
- Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of Argentina: All you need to know for your next trip
- Does the Sweden ETIAS have Multiple Entry?
- Sweden ETIAS Validity
- Sweden ETIAS cost
- Find out more about Sweden ETIAS for Citizens of El Salvador
- Can Citizens of Chile apply for Sweden ETIAS?