There are only 6 nationalities that are eligible for a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate, and the citizens of Laos are among them. So, as long as you meet the requirements, you can skip the visa application process if you want to travel to Taiwan. Instead, iVisa can help you apply for a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate with very little effort. To learn more details about this document, please read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Under what conditions can I apply for a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate?
First of all, know that the citizens of Laos can apply for a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate only if they have one of the following two documents:
- You hold a valid resident or permanent resident card, a valid entry visa (may be electronic visa) or a resident card or visa that has expired less than 10 years before your arrival date in Taiwan issued by Australia, Canada, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, any of the EU and Schengen countries, the United Kingdom, or the United States, or
- You have an entry visa or resident card issued by Taiwan (ROC) in the last 10 years, and you have no record of any law violations in Taiwan. Please note that if you do not have any of these two documents, it is not possible to apply for a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate.
What are the requirements for a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate?
Apart from the requirements above, you must also have at hand the following documents when you apply for a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate:
- Valid permanent passport – the visa policy of Taiwan dictates that your passport has to remain valid for at least 6 months after your arrival date in Taiwan
- Onward/return flight or ferry ticket
- E-mail address
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat
How does the online application process work?
What you have to do is pretty simple. Once you notice that you have everything necessary at hand, you have to fill in an online application form. That should not take you very long. Besides, if you have questions or concerns, you can always contact iVisa’s customer support. The service can be reached via online chat or phone 24/7, and it is entirely free of charge. The form you have to complete has two easy steps. The first one focuses on general information and processing time, while the second expects you to handle the payment and to review your form. Do not submit an application that has errors in it. That will lead to an invalid Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate. When you are through, you can hit the submit button, and that is pretty much it.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
You get to decide that. Since applicants have different needs, iVisa created three options regarding the processing speed of the application. That way, you are at liberty to choose the one that best fits your purposes. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – 5 days
- Rush processing – 3 days
- Super Rush processing –24 hours
What is the cost of a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate?
Please note that the Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate is free. However, iVisa charges a service fee, which grows higher with each processing speed option. The prices for all three choices are as follows:
- Standard - USD 20.00
- Rush - USD 35.00
- Super Rush - USD 70.00
What is the validity period of a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate?
The validity period of a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate is 90 days after arrival.
How much time can I spend in Taiwan with a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate?
As long as you hold a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate, you are permitted to stay in Taiwan for up to 14 days Per Entry.
How many entries does a Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate cover?
The Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate is a Multiple Entry visa.