The Philippines is one of the countries whose citizens can now apply for a Taiwan evisa. So if you are a Filipino who is planning a trip to Taiwan, you are no longer required to go to the embassy and apply for a visa. Instead, you get to complete that process online. It is simple, cheap, and let’s not forget about how fast it is.
Before starting to fill in the application, you must be aware of the fact that you need a few documents. You will need some of them to apply, and some will be asked when you arrive in Taiwan. Either way, here is what you need:
• A valid passport – if you already have a passport, make sure that it is valid and will remain that way all the while you are in Taiwan.
• Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from a host in Taiwan.
• Return flight ticket
• Invitation letter – this is mostly applicable to business people.
• Bank statement – you may be required to show that you have the means for subsistence while you are in Taiwan. It is a practice found in many countries, not just Taiwan.
• A copy of your passport’s main page
• A digital passport sized photo
Now that you know what you need, you can move on to the application itself. Keep in mind that you may not need all those documents, but since the immigration officers ask for them on a case by case basis, it is better to be safe.
The Taiwan evisa application
The application is straightforward, and you will be required to provide the most basic information. There are two steps you need to follow. The first consists of you filling in your name, address, gender, date of birth, passport information, and so on. Also, it is at this point you must select the processing time. The second phase is when you revise your application and make the payment. You can use a credit or debit card for that. If you have a Paypal account, you can use that as well. iVisa accepts such payments.
Processing time and fees
When you apply, you need to choose the timeframe in which the evisa is ready. You have three options:
• Standard processing – it is the cheapest option, and your application will be processed within seven business days. You should know that the price for the visa remains the same, 54$, no matter the processing time. It is the service fee that differs. In this case, the service charge is 25$, which means that the total will be 79$ or 4255.18 PHP.
• Rush processing – this means that the Taiwan evisa will be ready within five business days, but you have to pay a total of 109$ or 5871.07 PHP.
• Super Rush processing – this option is ideal for people who need their visa as soon as possible. It is ready within three business days. However, just like you may expect, you need to pay a little bit more. The total cost is 129$ or 6948.33 PHP.
The visa will arrive in your email inbox, and you need to print it out to show it to the immigration officers when you get to Taiwan. The document is valid for 90 days, you are allowed a single entry, and once you get to Taiwan, you are allowed to stay there for 30 days. As you can see, this is one of the easiest ways to travel from the Philippines to Taiwan. There is no hassle whatsoever.