The Tanzania Volunteer Visa is valid for up to 90 days per entry in most cases. When discussing timelines for visas, you have two main validity periods: How long a visa is valid to use before it expires, and how long a visa is valid once you actually enter the country.
Be sure to learn the distinction between both of these, as both are important validity periods for the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa. If you do need to get a visa for traveling to Tanzania, then feel free to check out the questions and answers below to get more information about the visa application process.
The Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania - Validity, Expiration, and More Answers
Note: The answers below apply to almost all foreign citizens looking to volunteer in Tanzania. We use the United States as a sample nationality in this article. Feel free to use our Visa Checker Tool to find out if you will need a volunteer visa to enter Tanzania.
How long am I allowed to stay in Tanzania with the volunteer e-Visa?
You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
What’s the expiration date for a volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania?
If you do not use your visa before the expiration date, you will not be able to enter Tanzania. The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
What do I need to have to apply for the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa?
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania you will need to have:
- An Applicant Photo - It needs to be passport-sized photos and color photos are accepted.
- Invitation Letter - You will need proof that you were invited to volunteer by providing a letter from the NGO or non-profit for which you will be volunteering.
- NGO Registration Certificates - Talk to the volunteer organizer of the NGO you plan to work with to secure the correct certifications for your entry into Tanzania.
- A Passport Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application.
- A Return Ticket - Be sure you have arranged transportation to leave Tanzania.
What is the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa?
If you get the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa, you will be able to enter Tanzania and work legally as a volunteer for a non-profit organization helping the citizens of the country.
It is not to be used for any traveler who is going to Tanzania for work, school, nor vacation.
When will I get my e-Visa after applying online for it?
You will need to choose one of the three processing speeds so we can prioritize your application:
- Standard Processing takes 15 Business Days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 Business Days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 Business Days to process the application.
What is the cost of the volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania?
Here is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 130.00
- Rush: USD 155.00
- Super Rush: USD 185.00
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a volunteer e-Visa?
All visas have a limit on how many times you can enter a country. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry.
Get the Valid Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa Process for Foreign Citizens
Are you ready to start? Then fill out the online application for the volunteer visa and then you can move on to the next planning phase. We know it is frustrating to deal with travel documents, and that’s the reason we started iVisa. We wanted to give travelers the easiest option for getting their visa documentation online.
Thank you for volunteering to help people in Tanzania. Let us know if you have any questions.