Australia to USA Visa - Do I Need A Visa?

Australia to USA Visa - Do I Need A Visa?

iVisa | Updated on Jul 07, 2022

Please note that as of June 2022 the CDC no longer requires travelers to present a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of recovery from COVID pre arrival to the US

If you are in the midst of planning a trip to the US you are probably asking yourself ‘do I need a visa to travel to the USA from Australia? As an Australian citizen, you do not need an Australia to USA visa to travel to the US. If you intend to go there for business, tourism, or even health care purposes and you plan to remain in the country for less than 90 days Per Entry, you don't need a specific visa for Australians traveling to the USA, you merely need to obtain a US ESTA. can help you to get it in as fast as 2 hours. The process is entirely online, and will do most of the work for you.

The ESTA permits qualifying nationalities to enter the US for tourism or business motives. Any traveler that’s eligible for the ESTA can enter the US by air or sea. As Australian citizens are under an American visa-waiver program they easily qualify for the ESTA.

To learn all about how to apply for your Australia to USA Visa and all of the visa requirements for the USA for Australian citizens, just take a few minutes to read the rest of this article. You'll get those few minutes back when applying as we provide a simple 3 step application form that will take you no more than 10 minutes to complete.

If you feel ready to apply get your travel document here

Fill me in


The visa requirements for USA for Australian citizens are easy to satisfy. To get a US ESTA, you have to fill in an online application form, but first, you need to be sure you have everything before you proceed. asks very little of you in terms of documentation to obtain your Australian citizen US visa. Here is what you must supply when completing the form:

  • Passport -- you must hold a valid electronic passport with a digital chip that contains your biometric info. At precisely the time of application, the passport needs to be valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in the USA. In the case of minors applying for ESTA, it is still required to provide the passport information of the minor, not the parent.

  • Email address -- the US ESTA arrives via email, which explains the reason why you need to have a valid email address to which you have access. Once sends you the ESTA, remember to print at least one physical copy of the document and store it in a safe place on your mobile device.

  • Way of payment -- the payment has to be made during the online application procedure, which explains the reason you must have an active and valid system of online payment. accepts debit and credit cards, whichever you find most convenient.

  • Traveler's home address and phone number.

  • Traveler's emergency point of contact phone and email.

  • You do not need to have made an itinerary yet to apply for the ESTA. An arrival date has to be filled in, but it is no problem if you decide to arrive later on another day.

  • Do you have a job? If so, you must fill in the name and address details of your employer when applying for your ESTA.

You must be able to fill in all the questions you are asked during the online ESTA application process.


To apply for a visa for Australian travelling to USA, you will need to fill out a quick and easy online application form. The form we provide is broken down into three easy steps and won't take you longer than 10 minutes to complete. If you are in need of help,’s awesome support service will take your call 24/7 and will guide you through the process on how to apply for your Australia to USA visa.

Follow these steps to apply:

  • Step 1. Complete your application form online.

  • Step 2. Fill in all of the required personal information and upload your additional documents (if requested). Our visa experts will be available to give you guidance to make the process for your ESTA as simple as possible.

  • Step 3. Once we have your details, passport information, contact details and security information, we will process your ESTA. You just have to choose the processing time that best suits your needs and pay for the service with your credit or debit card. See fees and processing options below.

Once you complete all three steps, just submit your application and wait for it to arrive in your email inbox in the timeframe you chose. You can have your Australia to USA Visa ready in as fast as 2 hours, perfect for anyone in a rush.

American visa from Australia fees and processing options

If ordering your ESTA with, the price of your Electronic System for Travel Authorization will depend on the processing time you choose and the budget available. The ESTA isn’t free, but it’s not as expensive as you think. Besides, with our services, you can have it ready in no time. Check the options below.

  • Standard processing time -- This is the smartest choice. Your application is processed within 24 hours, respectively from submission, and you will be charged just USD 57.49.
  • Rush processing time -- if you're wanting to receive your US ESTA sooner than 24 hours, the Rush option guarantees that you have your document in 8 hours. The price is USD 114.99.
  • Super Rush processing time-- because that is the fastest option you have at hand, it's perfect for anyone at the last minute. You will be charged USD 188.99, but you'll have your ESTA in as fast as 2 hours.

The ESTA comes with a Government fee of USD 21.00 and all of our processing fees include both Government and service charges.


Do Australian citizens need a visa for USA? It's easy with our 3 step application form. After submitting your application, you will receive your ESTA in your email inbox once your application has been approved. Print it out and bring a physical copy of the document on your trip as well as saving a copy to your electronic device. The form must be presented to the US immigration authorities on arrival.

If you applied on our site then you can log in to your online account that was generated automatically for you after applying for your India Visa online.

All you need to do is to sign in and set up a password so you can access your account online OR if needed you may also reset your password here.


Do Australians need a visa for the USA?

Yes, all you need is an ESTA, the electronic document allows qualifying nationalities to travel to the USA for tourism or business purposes without obtaining a US visa. Keep reading more below if you still need to answer the question - Do Australian citizens need a visa for USA.

Obtaining an ESTA is a streamlined process that is much faster and requires no embassy interview, so it is highly recommended when available.


You might be asking yourself what you can and can't do if traveling to the USA under the ESTA as an Australian citizen. The following travel purposes do meet the requirements of the ESTA:

  • Tourism (on vacation to the USA)
  • Visiting friends or family who currently live there
  • Visiting clients or suppliers for business purposes
  • Undergoing medical treatment
  • Attending business meetings, negotiations, or conferences

The following travel purposes do not meet the requirements of the ESTA:

  • Entering into employment service with an American employer
  • Studying in the United States
  • Investing in or starting a company
  • Performing journalism-related activities

Working in the USA with an ESTA is allowed, provided the traveler does not enter into direct employment with an American company and is working for a foreign entity. The traveler is allowed to be paid for their work performed in the USA, as long as the paying party is located outside of the USA. This way, it qualifies as a "business trip" and meets the requirements of the ESTA. A good example of this would be someone who is working remotely during their trip or is on a business trip supported by an Australian employer.


The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is an electronic system that helps to determine eligibility to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). This program allows travelers to visit the US without obtaining a visa. This document is for Multiple Entry purposes and allows travelers to stay in the US for 90 days Per Entry, and it remains valid for 2 years after issued.



Yes, the United States has been taking steps to restore travel within its borders and now all non-citizen air travelers aged 18 and over traveling to the United States need to display a COVID vaccination certificate.

WHO-approved vaccines are accepted.

The last dose must have been received at least 14 days before traveling.


In regards to COVID testing to enter the USA, currently, the following is applicable:

  • COVID test prior to arrival: PCR or antigen within 24 hours of departure to the US, regardless of vaccination status or nationality.
  • COVID test exemptions: Children under 2 and travelers with proof of recovery from COVID-19 within 90 days are exempt.

This information is subject to change at any time so make sure you are up to date with COVID requirements to enter the USA, check out FAQS page for the latest information.


Most travelers, including those with a British passport, don’t need to quarantine once they arrive in the US. However, this can change depending on the state. We also recommend you to remain in self-isolation for 7 or 10 days after you arrive in the US.


Our website is completely user-friendly and safe, so you don’t have to worry about your information being leaked. All of your private information is in good hands. If you need confirmation of our excellent history of providing travel documents just check out our customer reviews section.


Do Australian citizens need a visa for the USA? Still unsure, feel free to reach out to our customer service team if you still have questions about this topic, or you can always check our website for more detailed information.

Was this page helpful?