We are improving our B1/B2 application process to make sure it is up to date with the current US visa policy. We will make this product available again soon. In the meantime, below you will find useful information to keep in mind for your US visa application.
According to the visa policy of the United States, Russian citizens cannot travel to the US for business or tourism purposes unless they apply for a US B1/B2 Visa. It is not possible for you to apply online for this document, but iVisa.com can facilitate the process of getting the confirmation page you are required to have when you go to the embassy for your interview. iVisa.com will even set a date for your interview at the nearest US embassy once your request is processed.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Russia – requirements
We are pleased to inform you that the requirements for a confirmation page are nothing out of the ordinary. You should be able to fulfill them easily. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – to apply for a US B1/B2 Visa, you need to be a passport holder. At the same time, check its expiration date to make sure it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date you intend to leave the US.
- Digital photo – the picture needs to follow all the guidelines for a passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background, as recent as possible, etc.
- Travel itinerary – this is not necessary if you did not have the chance to make the arrangements yet.
- Dates of 5 previous trips to the US – this requirement does not apply to travelers who have never visited the United States before.
- Additional information – you can be asked to present anything else related to your trip, depending on its purpose. Make sure to have at hand whatever documents that have something to do with your travels.
- E-mail address – since iVisa.com will send you the confirmation page via e-mail in PDF format, make sure that the address you provide is accurate and that you have access to it. You need to print out the confirmation before attending your interview.
- Means of payment – iVisa.com accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can use the one that is most convenient for you. You can use credit/debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
How long does it take for a Russian to get a US visa?
A US visa can take up to 3 months to be issued to a Russian national depending on the wait time for the interview and administrative processing requirements for the applicant.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Russia – the online application form
Once you manage to put together all the information and the documents above, you are ready to move on and fill in the application form. It should take you no more than 20 minutes, but if you need help, iVisa.com’s customer support is available non-stop and is free of charge.
You need to go over three steps. The first one asks for personal information, but passport info and travel details are necessary as well. Also, you are required to select a processing time so that the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa can be determined. You are given three options:
- Standard processing time – your request is processed within 72 hours, and you are required to pay $175.
- Rush processing time – the in-between option means that you get your confirmation page in 24 hours, and the cost is $205.
- Super Rush processing time – the fastest option at hand means that your application is processed within just 18 hours, and the fee is $225.
The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third wants you to upload your application’s supporting documents as per iVisa.com’s instructions. When you are done, hit the submit button and iVisa.com will take care of the rest. Your effort ends here.
As you can see, the online process of getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Russia is reasonably straightforward. Your effort is minimal. To further show its support, iVisa.com will even send you some information about what to expect during the interview and what documents you need to have on you at the US embassy.